What do you play Rebellion on?

Guest Scathane

Guest Scathane

Or other games for that matter. I'm interested. What type of computer and connection do guys like us use? Here's mine:

500 MHz CPU
    12.7 GB HD
    384 MB RAM
    nVidia TNT 2 Ultra 32 MB graphics card
    Creative Soundblaster Live! soun card
    17" Trinitron Monitor
    140Kbps ADSL connection

I know it's an oldy, but it still works. Nevertheless, I'm probably buying a new computer coming fall...

Intel Pentium 2400 Mhz CPU

80 GB Maxtor HD

1024 MB DDR RAM

ATI Radeon 9700 (128 MB)

Creative Sound Blaster 128 ensoniq

19" LG 915 Flatron

384 Kbps ADSL connection

That's my personal flagship :wink:

AMD Athlon 1.54mhz

40Gb + 20Gb HDD (Maxtor)

512 MB SD RAM

GF2 TV out + Twin view in combination with my:

21" trinitron Dell

19" Iiyama

Creative Cambridge 4p surround

2 optical mouses

1 cordless mouse with changeable covers :twisted:

800+ cable connection

+ many gadgets and thingy's!

Z'anthr saves the world. Sorry about the mess...

TK, I suppose, you're not using that computer for playing only

Not so small in Hungary, friend. Computers are still xpensive in our loved country. 45 MB Hard disc? That must be a type error :wink:

Guest Scathane

Interesting, interesting... Where the hell do you guys get 384 Kbps and 800+ Kbps connections... and what do they cost you on a monthly basis?

(to be clear here: my upstream speed is 140 Kbps, my downstream speed is 256 Kbps)

• 2 weeks later...
Um . . . I'll look for the specifics and post them, but this should do:

I play Rebellion on A PIECE OF SHIT!

LOL SOCL u need better Computer, right?

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

Guest Scathane
What the heck makes 1GB RAM nessasary 8O8O NOTHING can use it and if u use EDO or SD RAM its much lamer than 512 DD RAM :?
Take a good look at his specs, dude21:

P4 3.06
    Radeon 9800
    26" Desktop
    Audigy 2
    2x 200 gig Hard Drives
    1 gb ram

Do you think would work with EDO RAM ??? Of course it doesn't. In fact, it can work with Dual Channel DDR 400/333, Dual Channel RDRAM, PC 1066/800 and DDR 333/266/200 SDRAM. Having 1 GHz of RAM combined with a 512 KB full Speed L2 Advanced Transfer Cache and a 533MHz system bus, I think that the Admiral doesn't think in words such as "lamer" when it comes to either his computer or his RAM...

Nevertheless, Antilliles, I must admit that I feel that you system is somewhat overspecified...

Do you think would work with EDO RAM ??? Of course it doesn't.

Thats Right :)

In fact, it can work with Dual Channel DDR 400/333, Dual Channel RDRAM, PC 1066/800 and DDR 333/266/200 SDRAM.

Ok boy dont write nonsense here there is no PC 1066/800 RAM available on this planet today. :?

maybe u mean RAMBUS 800 :roll: but thats Pentium boards only and no guy uses a P. for gaming just AMDs.

And DDR 400/333 is just supported by a few AMD Boards.

Having 1 GHz of RAM combined with a 512 KB full Speed L2 Advanced Transfer Cache and a 533MHz system bus,

What the heck is 1 GHz of RAM

and a 533MHz system bus ??

maybe u mean the Front Side Bus :roll: and the best is 400 :!:

And the main Question isnt answered "What needs 1GByte RAM?"

Maybe a Server :roll:

Guest Scathane

Forgive me that I'm slightly amused about the fact that you seem to think that I write nonsense... To tackle them one by one:

Ok boy dont write nonsense here there is no PC 1066/800 RAM available on this planet today. :?
I didn't say that, I only said that Antilliles' system could work with it.

maybe u mean RAMBUS 800 :roll: but thats Pentium boards only and no guy uses a P. for gaming just AMDs.
No, if I had meant RAMBUS, I would have written RAMBUS...

And DDR 400/333 is just supported by a few AMD Boards.
Apparently, it's supported by a few Pentium boards as well...

What the heck is 1 GHz of RAM

and a 533MHz system bus ??

maybe u mean the Front Side Bus :roll: and the best is 400 :!:

Again, if I had meant front size bus, I would have written so. I meant what I said: 533MHz system bus, which can run up to at least 800MHz...

If you still think that I'm babbling nonsense, then maybe you should visit http://www.pentium.com and tell the boys and girls at Intel that they are talking nonsense on their website. Alternatively, you maybe could update you alleged computer literacy before you tell people they write nonsense...

And the main Question isnt answered "What needs 1GByte RAM?"
Your brain could do with some...

Guest Admiral_Antilles
The 9800 is the newest came out not to long ago, real nice card better specs than 9700.

It becomes very boring to comment all the nonsense u written here :(

1. There is no PC 1066/800 Ram out there that means that Antilliles could not have it.

2.There is RAMBUS 800 out there and its the fastest possible RAM today

And no PC 800 DDR so dont write u mean that

3. DDR 400 is not supprted by pentium boards because they have the RAMBUS is that so difficult to understand??

4. What is a 533 system bus or a Front size BUS :roll:

so Iam get tired to explain again and again if u dont check that, Iam sorry about:(

Guest Scathane
It becomes very boring to comment all the nonsense u written here :(

1. There is no PC 1066/800 Ram out there that means that Antilliles could not have it.

2.There is RAMBUS 800 out there and its the fastest possible RAM today

And no PC 800 DDR so dont write u mean that

3. DDR 400 is not supprted by pentium boards because they have the RAMBUS is that so difficult to understand??

4. What is a 533 system bus or a Front size BUS :roll:

so Iam get tired to explain again and again if u dont check that, Iam sorry about:(

If you're getting tired and bored posting this, then by all means, dude21, don't.

I copied it off the pentium website... Letter by letter and word by word, copy/paste... What you're ultimately saying is that they publish nonsense on their website... Do me a favor, contact somebody at Intel and tell them they blabber nonsense on their website and that you come to offer your sheer brilliance and intelligence to them. I'm sure they would be glad to offer you a job! You might try the following people:

Patrick P. Gelsinger - Chief Technology Officer
    Sandra K. Morris - Chief Information Officer
    Youssef A. El-Mansy - Director Logic Technology Development

Or do you think that it just might be you yourself who doesn't know everything, dude21?