Venator's are confirmed

Joshinator

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a rumor that has spun out of control. I'm about 98.9% sure there is no ship customization. I don't know who started this, but there is very little evidence to support it.

EDIT: Whoa, this server is messed up. I made this post as a reply to 4 posts down.

Think of the posibilities u'll have with the Venator. Like how u can customize ship systems, u could make her more of a heavy hitter, or a dedicated carrier. She's pretty big, deffinatly a carrier, but u can add perks like heavy weapon batteries, or scrub all guns and give even more fighter hanger size. I am asuming that's what u can do, i'm sure there are limits, but it's nice to think about. I should make a thread in the tactic's forum.. :)

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

I'm pretty sure it is in the game play, u do it b4 u build the ship, from what i remember, in a build screen of some kind i'm sure.

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

I was wondering about the customizable thing, will that be optional or part of the gameplay?

I think so, they are making playable for if you just want to play, but not have that much micromanaging. or if you are the player that wants to strategize you will be able to mircomanage your ships systems.

We need a definate on this. I don't think that with such massive projects as the Death Star and multiple SSDs that the Empire would need or desire to put together different configurations for an ISD for example. If you needed more fast turbolasers to deal with rebel fighters, you design a lancer frigate, not replace ion cannons on your ISD. It doesn't make too much sense.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

There was a rumor that the ship hardpoints could be customized. For example I could have two versions of my ISD, one has all ION cannons and my other one has all Turbolasers. I may have another one that has 2/3 ION cannons and 1/3 Turbolasers or I may have one that has more shield hardpoints than weapon, etc.

Where this started I don't know, but it has sparked some debate, as you can tell. If it is true, how many of the Death Star's hardpoints could you modify? Would it be possible to have nothing but anti-starfighter hardpoints all over it to make up for the exhaust weakness? Or if the last example I listed above where weapon hardpoints were changed out for shield hardpoints is possible, could you install more engines to make the Death Star faster?

Hard points on capital ships and space stations are not customizable. But, that is not to say we don't have plans for it down the road. :D

Well if thats not a hint at an expansion, i don't know what is :lol: j/k

Sparky

Woops, my bad. I would have swore i read that somewhere, my appologies for bringin it up, ty for clearing it up Delphi :oops:

Hard points on capital ships and space stations are not customizable. But, that is not to say we don't have plans for it down the road. :D

Delphi, if what you say is true, then I think an explaination on this is in order. :)

If I'm not misstaken, that is an ISD mkII (as seen in ESB and RotJ) and the guns that are selected are the turrets on the left side of the superstructure, and if so, then all of those guns are supposed to be Heavy Turbolaser batteries, not Ion Cannon batteries.

Ways that makes me believe it is an ISD mkII are the turret batteries in question appear to have 8 barrels on each battery (4 barrels on each turret, think WWII battleships for visual reference, so 4 barrels per turret, 2 turrets per battery which again acts as a turret, and 4 batteries per side of the superstructure, totalling to 64 guns/barrels)), and the horizontal array between the domes rather than the upright on the ISD mkI seen in ANH, and no brim trench heavy gun batteries which the mkI has.

And even if it is an ISD mkI, then only the rear most turret is a Heavy Ion Cannon. The mkI has 3 dual barreled Heavy Turbolaser turrets per side of the superstructure, and 1 dual barreled Heavy Ion Cannons at the rear, totalling to 12 HTL guns and 4 HIC guns. They are of a heavier caliber than on the ISD mkII though. ;)

I'll try finding pictures of the turrets.

http://www.lfnetwork.com/images/lfnlinker.gif

Star Wars: Empire at War.Net Moderator

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

Co-Leader of The Affiliates! -A-

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

- May the pants be with you!

Delphi, if what you say is true, then I think an explaination on this is in order. :)

If I'm not misstaken, that is an ISD mkII (as seen in ESB and RotJ) and the guns that are selected are the turrets on the left side of the superstructure, and if so, then all of those guns are supposed to be Heavy Turbolaser batteries, not Ion Cannon batteries.

Ways that makes me believe it is an ISD mkII are the turret batteries in question appear to have 8 barrels on each battery (4 barrels on each turret, think WWII battleships for visual reference, so 4 barrels per turret, 2 turrets per battery which again acts as a turret, and 4 batteries per side of the superstructure, totalling to 64 guns/barrels)), and the horizontal array between the domes rather than the upright on the ISD mkI seen in ANH, and no brim trench heavy gun batteries which the mkI has.

And even if it is an ISD mkI, then only the rear most turret is a Heavy Ion Cannon. The mkI has 3 dual barreled Heavy Turbolaser turrets per side of the superstructure, and 1 dual barreled Heavy Ion Cannons at the rear, totalling to 12 HTL guns and 4 HIC guns. They are of a heavier caliber than on the ISD mkII though. ;)

I'll try finding pictures of the turrets.

Jan Gaarni, I think the culprit here is LEC. Ever played Rogue Squadron III (Rebel Strike) on the GameCube? The ISDs there had 4 hardpoints on either side that seemed to be Ion Cannons. I believe that in the last battle (Endor) Ackbar specifically said take out the ion cannons on those star destroyers. Since LEC is supposed to oversee the games' canon adherence, they not only dropped the ball, they unload a 12guage shotgun blast into it every time they see a gust of wind move the remaining pieces.

Uuu, what happened to me text?!? :?

EDIT: Ok, there we go. Thank you so very much, Teradyn, for quoting me in my entirety. :)

Saved me alot of re-typing there. :D

EDIT2: By the way, if what you say is something you have read, then I need to research this, cause nowhere can I remember Acbar uttering these words. :?

I'll get back on that one.

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

I thought I read something similar too. Your were able to customize the hard points on your ships. Swapping turbo lasers with Ion cannons, shielding etc. The more you research your tech it automatically upgrades your existing tech. Is this not true?
All It Takes For Evil To Flourish Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.

Thats the largest hint I've heard yet. EaW 2 should be interesting indeed if he's hinting at an expansion/new game. I hope he is.

Whatever it is, its sounds like Lucasarts has decided to keep the games future with petroglyph. It usually doesn't produce good results when LA takes a series to another company.

Okay, I've looked thru the script for Return of the Jedi, and nowhere could I see Ackbar uttering such words.

I haven't gotten access to the novels for the movies, but I would imagine it would be mentioned on Saxtons page if those words was used by Ackbar to describe the heavy batteries.

So unless someone can provide a movie novel quote, then there is no canon source stating this.

So ... that's that, end of discussion. :D

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

Uuu, what happened to me text?!? :?

EDIT: Ok, there we go. Thank you so very much, Teradyn, for quoting me in my entirety. :)

Saved me alot of re-typing there. :D

EDIT2: By the way, if what you say is something you have read, then I need to research this, cause nowhere can I remember Acbar uttering these words. :?

I'll get back on that one.

I was refering to the battle of endor mission on the gamecube game Rebel Strike, not the movie.