Venator's are confirmed

Joshinator

Delphi was kind enough to let us know that Venator's are going to be in the game. For those that may not know what class of star destroyer that is, it's those big dagger ships that were in the opening sequence in Episode 3.

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and they seemed like the same thing but in gray in the ending. Nice i'll have something to play with :P I was hoping to make a museum but that isn't happening :( Anyways glad its in. Now to open up space for my computer :P

http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/thumb/7/73/300px-Imperial_Fleet.jpg

http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/d/d8/Venator3.jpg

My favorite Star Destoryer, and it is one ship that will definitely fit the multiplayer colored ships since it is meant to be colored.

and they seemed like the same thing but in gray in the ending. Nice i'll have something to play with :P I was hoping to make a museum but that isn't happening :( Anyways glad its in. Now to open up space for my computer :P

I hope to make a museum, there answer to that one question about upgrades never really sounded clear, so I still have hope. If not that will be the first mod I get. Will probably be in the reality mod.

Delphi: you're sure that what you're talking about is the Venator, and not the Acclamator? We will actually have two Clone Wars-era Star Destroyers?

c'mon people just because the SSD wasn't in doesn't mean you need to be skeptical of what a Petroglyph employee has told us will be in the game (or at least alluded to it).

c'mon people just because the SSD wasn't in doesn't mean you need to be skeptical of what a Petroglyph employee has told us will be in the game (or at least alluded to it).

Now, now. Always retaining a degree of skepticism is a good thing, that way you don't take everything for granted and have your hopes shot down. Expect the worse and hope for the best and you'll never be disappointed.

Well he said Venitor, that makes me skeptical :)

Well damn can you at least have one string of hope ? Its like you just gave up since AOE 3 just came out and people bashing EAW too much. Anyways its in and Delphi said it so believe it :roll:

Since the Acclamator has been known throughout the entire production, he can't have been talking about that.

It's either Venator or Tector (the Imperial's non-hangar brother, basically the design-opposite of a Venator).

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a242/CptK/StarCruiser.jpg

Well damn can you at least have one string of hope ? Its like you just gave up since AOE 3 just came out and people bashing EAW too much. Anyways its in and Delphi said it so believe it :roll:

MmmMmm, hope that wasn't directed at me. I reserve the use of smiley faces for very rare occasions, such as extreme sarcasm.

Now, now. Always retaining a degree of skepticism is a good thing, that way you don't take everything for granted and have your hopes shot down. Expect the worse and hope for the best and you'll never be disappointed.

should i still retain my skepticism when i know that a unit is confirmed by an authorized and reliable source like petroglyph?

or should i not raise my hopes up for a guaanteed unit?

if they say it is in it is in.

I've have you now - Lord Vader

In the game, will the Venator-class be used more as a fleet carrier or as a conventional "all-round" warship like the Imperial-class?

In the game, will the Venator-class be used more as a fleet carrier or as a "conventional" warship like the Imperator-class?

Well I think mission profile would depend on how the person used it. Some players would use Venator's as fighter carriers, while others may use them as frontline cap. ships to engage directly in combat instead of waiting back.

Well given its capabilities it is a carrier, albeit one with heavy firepower. In the end though the front line warship is the Imperator with its much large firepower.

They are meant to work together. The ISD destroys the enemy warships while the venator provides support with its fighter complement, and still being powerful enough to deal with any ship that passes the ISD.

And Garbageben, nice to see that some else treats the ISD by its true name. :D

I don't think the Acclamator is considered as an SD, much the same way the 418-Immobiliser isn't an SD. ;)

It may be a wedge shaped ship, but having a wedgeshaped hull doesn't automatically make an SD. THe 418 even looks pretty much like an SD, and it isn't even classified as an SD.

http://www.lfnetwork.com/images/lfnlinker.gif

Star Wars: Empire at War.Net Moderator

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

Co-Leader of The Affiliates! -A-

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

- May the pants be with you!

In the game, will the Venator-class be used more as a fleet carrier or as a "conventional" warship like the Imperator-class?

Nice catch. ;)

I usually don't use the original name unless I know people won't throw a hissy-fit over it, like with Executor-class Star Dreadnought instead of Super Star Destroyer (or calling it Super-class, *shudder*).

Anyway, judging by the classifications in the game:

Tartan Patrol Cruiser (Corvette)

Broadside Cruiser (Corvette)

Immobilizer-418 Cruiser (Frigate)

Acclamator-class Assault Ship (Frigate)

Venator-class Star Destroyer (Destroyer/Carrier)

Victory-class Star Destroyer (Destroyer)

Imperator-class Star Destroyer (Destroyer)

Anything I'm missing? ;)