Bad news about the game....but hey! do not be dissapointed!!

Eduardo

Jesus Makwu Calm down. But you are right. If they had come to me I could have Ironed out all the inconsistancies. Its a bit obvious that the date was put back becasue they realised that the whole Lore was wrong.

Well I am calm. I have watched many similar threads run on and on over the last few days but nobody was articulating the exact issue. If you mean calm down as in "don't write so much", I did my best to say a lot while keeping the post short. I think what I said was what most fans on this site feel. Though I'm not claiming to speak for everbody by anymeans. Even you said "You are right".

And as far as it being obious that that is why the date was pushed back... That sounds like hindsight bias. It wasn't obvious at all to me. In fact you are the first person to say anything of the sort. Petro and LEC have given us very little information about such things. The average member on these forums has no NDA agrements signed, and is not privy to such information. In fact, we have been given very little information at all.

so its not going to be out in feburary?! oh noes! :? so when is it suppoossed to be out? i thought it was already finished and they were just doble checking a polishihg it. maybe i was wronng...or am i right?
I've have you now - Lord Vader

I think I solved the A-Wing problem. :D

Here we go:

You can make technologies at your own pace, faster or slower than the movies. Since the A-Wing was being developed during ANH, you could get it quite fast by reasearching the necesseties early.

I hope this clears things up.

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

Just be sure to research the A-Wing "Take out the Bridge" ability.

Arr, the A-wing, the SSDs only natural enemy.

and here i was hoping Arvel Crynyd was going to be a hero that had the special ability of SSD suicide run :cry:

woa.....negativity....making...all...the joy....of...EaW...slip...away....

now who in thier right minds would put shields on a tie as a standard? no one is that brain dead, not even lucas man. and a A-wing is a fighter, it values speed over firepower. it can be used as a scout, but seeing the mass production it has, they are used for combat alot.

Ok now your being negative Gen :P Put shields on your Tie to survive couple seconds more and maybe change the way tide of combat. But then again your down on credits by 100 when you could have build Tie Bombers to suicide bomb the Rebels :roll:

im talking about the start of the game, if ties had basic shields then they could go toe to toe with xwings and prolly win everytime, and in the early years, the rebs have thier snubs, little else.i think it would be cool to have that as a add on, but not from the start. ill pick my words more carefully next time.

If you have to do the Rebel -Xwing Defection Mission surely they will start the game with the Y-wing. Therefore the initial fighters will be the TIE fighter and the Y-wing Bomber!!!
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

If you have to do the Rebel -Xwing Defection Mission surely they will start the game with the Y-wing. Therefore the initial fighters will be the TIE fighter and the Y-wing Bomber!!!

or Tie Fighter & Tie bomber vs. Y-wing & Z-95

I just hope those are not brand new ships like the "you know what".

Yea there really is no excuse for adding more than a handful of new creations. Esspecially because the star wars universe is so large and has everything you could ever need may take some searching, but you will find it.

Hey, we now know that a lot of cool units won't be in the game, like the SSD, B-wings, Tie interceptor, etc... But hey, it is still a great game, I mean, yeah the SSD is a cool unit that averyone wants to control, but if it isn't in, it doesn't matter because(think about it this way), we still have a great RTS game as never before made of the star wars saga!, we still have a lot of cool units, planets and a lot of cool stuff!!, so its, well for me, the best rts game, im saying all this because there are some who are very dissapointed with the bad news, but I try to tell them here to not to worry!, and it could be an expantion pack for the game, so let's yust pass over all the SSD thing and other units stuff and think of this game as it as a still great rts game!!!

wait you heard? so you don't know for a fact right? I mean you don't work for lucas arts so keep that particular opinion to yourself :wink:

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1135/jmaster3265signew13rd.jpg

Hey, we now know that a lot of cool units won't be in the game, like the SSD, B-wings, Tie interceptor, etc... But hey, it is still a great game, I mean, yeah the SSD is a cool unit that averyone wants to control, but if it isn't in, it doesn't matter because(think about it this way), we still have a great RTS game as never before made of the star wars saga!, we still have a lot of cool units, planets and a lot of cool stuff!!, so its, well for me, the best rts game, im saying all this because there are some who are very dissapointed with the bad news, but I try to tell them here to not to worry!, and it could be an expantion pack for the game, so let's yust pass over all the SSD thing and other units stuff and think of this game as it as a still great rts game!!!

You sound like one of those "Glass Half-Full" guys; optimist. Thats good, i would have liked to see the SSD. But even if they dont put in an expansion pack (which im assuming they wont in the Near future cause of their new project) there are plenty of modders around here who are gonna help us out with that. And dont Kinx the B-Wings and Interceptors! We still dont know for sure about them. :D