Bad news about the game....but hey! do not be dissapointed!!

Eduardo

Hey, we now know that a lot of cool units won't be in the game, like the SSD, B-wings, Tie interceptor, etc... But hey, it is still a great game, I mean, yeah the SSD is a cool unit that averyone wants to control, but if it isn't in, it doesn't matter because(think about it this way), we still have a great RTS game as never before made of the star wars saga!, we still have a lot of cool units, planets and a lot of cool stuff!!, so its, well for me, the best rts game, im saying all this because there are some who are very dissapointed with the bad news, but I try to tell them here to not to worry!, and it could be an expantion pack for the game, so let's yust pass over all the SSD thing and other units stuff and think of this game as it as a still great rts game!!!

School Wars!!! Command your Forces!

Crush the School!!! :twisted:

Please note that b-wings and intercepters have neither been confirmed or denyed, so please don't assume till someone from petro tells us other wise.

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

Well just because the SSD doesn't make the game lacking nor does the ANH thing so I dont get where people are going by complaining their rears off. Anyways I think this game will keep us entertained for a long long time and hope nothing bad happens with this game like when you exit the computer is basically frozen (Happened with me and WoW 1 hour ago).

The SSD was never a amke or break thing for me. Sure it would be nice to have ALL the units, but to believe they'd all get in would be foolish.

Same kind of thing for the timeline thing. So it deosn't last as long, that measn Petro have more time to focus on the details in the timeframe they are doing.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

I was quite happy that the Executor got axed, but thats me...

Me too. :D I'd hate to have to face one while playing as the Rebels.

If I had to pick a side I'd go Empire, so this ain't a reb thing (though the A-wing is still my favorite fighter.) I just couldn't see it being anything more than an ISD +5 in the game. It really wouldn't of done much for the gameplay in my humble opinion.

This game is open ended enough, the replay value will be there even without certian units. Also many units have already been modeled (some possibly textured) from community modders (all hail the mod!) and awaiting the game to come out to be coded. Worried about quality of the unit design? Take a look and the Legacy of War thread in the Mod section. Pretty darn good, right? Thought so... Now quit complaining. Also realize this is only one group. I can say with 100% certainty that there are more modders putting their own spin on things. Use Google, for it is your friend, and try looking up some. You just may find one that makes this game everything you dreamed of. When the game comes out, even more groups wil appear, or you could start your own mod!!! *GASP* I know it takes effort, but game communities tend to apprecate and even award good work. Also if you want to make video games for a career, making high quailty mods is a very good way to start.

Ok, rant mode off... I'm starting to stray.

Yea, I am a bit dissapointed, more of because of the Timeline rather than the SSD. I think it is a bit restrictive, how restrictive we have yet to see, but at least some (and I am a EAW fanboi).

I know we will have Mods to fix most of it, but I hate to reply on mods for everything.

See Lucas Arts didnt do a good enough job explaining. If they would have stated clearly the game tech tree ended at Battle of Yavin, then they wouldnt have the problem of people getting upset and/or highly disappointed. This problem is caused because they didnt make themselves clear, and people started to expect too much and now that all that expectation is gone.... boom game hype imploded. Lucas Arts should have allowed Petro to release way more details earlier.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

Yes im real happy lets make up all new units and screw the units people want to see. I wish someone who was a expert at Star Wars would create games releastic to Star Wars EU and Movies. Just more failures come out like BT(doesnt even deserve the titl of BF2), JKA, Rouge Sqaudron 3, etc.

...or have a little better flow of accurate information from the Lucasarts/film sources. Petroglyph work on what they're given.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

...or have a little better flow of accurate information from the Lucasarts/film sources. Petroglyph work on what they're given.

Yea i know, it is more lucasarts than anything, they don't provide the accurate information like they should. lucasarts is notorious for bending (but more like breaking) continuity.

A-wing designed over ANH. Put into production post ANH didn't come into large circulation untill just before Endor.

Yes, designed after the SSD and put into circulation after the SSD. And I'm only making a point, no SSD isn't the end of the world in my book. But let me say this:

Delphi definetly indicated that they are working with the information provided to them by lucas arts. "Star Wars Lore." So either there is a serious flaw within Lucas Arts and their ability to keep track of their own universe, or else a communication flaw between LEC and Petro. Much of this "Up to ANH" makes no sense at all. Doesn't make sense based on the units they have included in the game so far, doesn't make sense from a gameplay standpoint (In my opinion) and doesn't make sense from a future expansion standpoint.

Then we have some other pre-existing issues. Little things like the ISDI being an ISDII model. (Which all by itself wouldn't be a big deal at all).

Then I'm sure you all recall the infamous quotes "here is a rancor, an indigenous unit of Tatooine" and "in true star wars fasion, the power generator is outside the shield"

So the question is: Where is all this misinformation coming from?

As a developer reading this, id likely be thinking "These are minor complaints from fanatics who know too much". You may be right in that "most" people who pick up the game won't notice or care. But I disagree with that type of thinking. You dont' have to make a game based on an existing universe. You can always make a new game in a universe that you invent. And nobody can say "That isn't right". But if you are going to make a game on something such as Star Wars, get it right. I'm not blaming Petro, I think its equally LEC's fault. It really isn't that hard to get all this stuff right. There are at least 5-6 members on this forum alone who, had they been consulted on the making of the game, could have done a better job of getting the details right. There is little excuse in my opinion. It will still be a great game, everybody knows that. But it could have been a great game and accurate to the universe it was depicting. But apperently it won't be. Shame on somebody or everybody.

Jesus Makwu Calm down. But you are right. If they had come to me I could have Ironed out all the inconsistancies. Its a bit obvious that the date was put back becasue they realised that the whole Lore was wrong.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

Hear hear. :)

I could not, quite litteraly, put it any better into words than how Makwu just put it. In fact, I am positive I could not have put it even equally as good. :D

Minor details like this is not a game breaker for me, it will not put me off from buying the game. It has too much potential to keep me occupied for hours on end for me to not atleast try it out. :)

But with over 10 years of Star Wars gaming (first propper Star Wars game with, then, decent grafics, would be X-Wing), I would love to just once be able to play a game that has put a 100% effort into details aswell.

Currently, the most accuratly detailed Star Wars game out there, is a fan Mod for HomeWorld2: Warlords.

As for pushing the game release back, there could be any number of reasons for that discission.

http://www.lfnetwork.com/images/lfnlinker.gif

Star Wars: Empire at War.Net Moderator

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

Co-Leader of The Affiliates! -A-

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

- May the pants be with you!