Empire, winning the game

jonov

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you always win, maybe you should use RebEd to make it tougher. I find I now win about 70% of my games because I made it much tougher in RebEd. A normal game is too boring.
Well, yes, I plan to do that soon, but for the time being I am playing games that I make hard for myself. I just wish I could play a game against myself. Do you get what I mean? Like one of those chess games where you play oneside, then you turn the board around and play the other. It's very difficult if you actually try your best, because you in fact know what the enemy is doing and have to look for a mistake you yourself made. Do you get what I mean?

You'd need to computers to do that...

And also have an evil Yuuzhan Vong alter-ego....

Avoid using Savegames, and you'll make it much tougher. Because you won't be able to undo your mistakes.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

I guess I'll "borrow" my dad's laptop, hook the two computers up, and destroy . . . myself! :twisted:

Won't you need two copies of Rebellion as well??

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Probably, I myself only use my altered REb-Back-Up (altered in the sense that whenever I install the game it will install the altered dlls, so i won't need to replace anything).

I'll be getting a laptop soon, and I too will face my alter-ego in a duel.... :twisted:

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Won't you need two copies of Rebellion as well??
Well, yes, I simply assumed that would be understood.

Why don't you play with a friend then?
Err . . . A) No friends nearby who like Rebellion and B) It's a bigger challenge to play against yourself.

Actually, most of my friends think that underneath all my "Most Likely to Succeed", preppy clothes, soccer/rugby player, retired cadet/major, etc I'm actually a geek; probably due to the fact that my favorite movie series of all time are STAR WARS and Jurassic Park.

Why don't you play with a friend then?
Err . . . A) No friends nearby who like Rebellion and B) It's a bigger challenge to play against yourself.

If u have any friend who plays often computer its no problem for him /her :wink: to play the game right good enough to play better than the AI. I gave Rebellion to a friend who never played it before and about 4 networkgames later he is good enough to challenge me, because the computers are in the same room and he always ask me if he something not understand.

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

The only thing I have done with RebEd EVER is give the Rebels some Imperial vessels, give the Imperials some Rebel vessels, make Thrawn unable to betray the Empire, let Palpatine train Jedi, and buff up the ISDs a tad. Not one of those has anything to do with cost or time to completion for ships. I don't know about you and why you say it's impossible, but I can and do have them raised all the time.

Ok the changes u named are nearly the same I changed with RebEd, I just also lift the Fighter capacity of nearly all capitals for 1 or 2 :idea: that means that more Fighters can bring to bear if attacking so it is quicker possible to attack a death star, defending a planet.

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

• 3 weeks later...
yeah, i gotta go with SOCL's way of playing. its very possible to have a few systems under your belt and build many fleets like that and be able to afford it. Some games I build "Sector Fleets" to patrol & respond quick & a 3-4 super fleets to wreak havoc, but if I think the enemy is too strong, I will only commit a few resources to such fleets and spend the rest on 2-3 super, super fleets consisting of 100+ fighters and 3-5 SSDs & maybe a Death Star, that run thru every enemy planet in a system, invade it, garrison it, and will stick around long enough for the gen core 2s to be built, then i head to the next planet. Very slow, but it does work, and usually, I re arm the fleet while it is guarding a planet waiting for the gen cores. The size of my fleets alone make short work of any quick response fleets. If the fleets gets too banged up, I leave, get fixed up and come back later. The only thing I do with Rebed is enable all ships at the start of the game and make all opposing side ships only cost 1 maintenance point and I can still build these monster fleets.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
yeah, i gotta go with SOCL's way of playing. its very possible to have a few systems under your belt and build many fleets like that and be able to afford it. Some games I build "Sector Fleets" to patrol & respond quick & a 3-4 super fleets to wreak havoc, but if I think the enemy is too strong, I will only commit a few resources to such fleets and spend the rest on 2-3 super, super fleets consisting of 100+ fighters and 3-5 SSDs & maybe a Death Star, that run thru every enemy planet in a system, invade it, garrison it, and will stick around long enough for the gen core 2s to be built, then i head to the next planet. Very slow, but it does work, and usually, I re arm the fleet while it is guarding a planet waiting for the gen cores. The size of my fleets alone make short work of any quick response fleets. If the fleets gets too banged up, I leave, get fixed up and come back later. The only thing I do with Rebed is enable all ships at the start of the game and make all opposing side ships only cost 1 maintenance point and I can still build these monster fleets.

An interesting and cheap strategy ganster.

Yeah, I just started playing as the empire again. setting the rebels up the way i did has led to some interesting tactics. they can control only 1 planet and still have 200+ ships. i invaded a world this morning that said its shipyard was building Bulwark battlecruiser #60! that's insane! i've killed about 20 of these beasts but that means there's at least 40 more. this is so much fun!

i invaded a world this morning that said its shipyard was building Bulwark battlecruiser #60! that's insane! i've killed about 20 of these beasts but that means there's at least 40 more.
Jeez, you're going to have on hell of a time! :D

this is so much fun!
Like I said: "one hell of a time! :D "