So we have our Clone Wars and Post ROTJ Mod

Nevets

Now all we need is a KOTOR mod.

I want to control my Leviathan with my hero unit Saul Karath. I want to chase down the Ebon Hawk and eventually take over the Rakatan planet and take control of the Star Forge!

Why not just make a EU mod with everything throwen in together? Just like EU, it doesn't have to make sense, it just has to have all the cool characters and equipment in it blowing things up in various fashions. Heck, just say the characters that have been dead for hundreds of years have been cloned or ressurected through the force and all of the oudated equipment that shows up is from some long forgotten stash hidden away by the Old Republic/Jedi/Sith/Empire/Rebel Allaince.

Why not just make a EU mod with everything throwen in together? Just like EU, it doesn't have to make sense, it just has to have all the cool characters and equipment in it blowing things up in various fashions. Heck, just say the characters that have been dead for hundreds of years have been cloned or ressurected through the force and all of the oudated equipment that shows up is from some long forgotten stash hidden away by the Old Republic/Jedi/Sith/Empire/Rebel Allaince.

I will probably do that once I have gone through the game till I am bored, and then after I went through most of the full conversion Mods. Probably just get every star wars add on I can find and just put them all together for one giant free for all.

Darth Vader, Darth Malak, Nom Anor, Darth Maul, General Grievous vs. Luke Skywalker, Bastila, Anakin Solo, Mace Windu, Wicket (a Star Wars infinities mod) :lol:

Anyway I will probably end up adding the Leviathan to my normal game, just because it is such a cool looking ship.

I will probably do that once I have gone through the game till I am bored, and then after I went through most of the full conversion Mods. Probably just get every star wars add on I can find and just put them all together for one giant free for all.

Darth Vader, Darth Malak, Nom Anor, Darth Maul, General Grievous vs. Luke Skywalker, Bastila, Anakin Solo, Mace Windu, Wicket (a Star Wars infinities mod) :lol:

Anyway I will probably end up adding the Leviathan to my normal game, just because it is such a cool looking ship.

Aaand for tonight's lightsaber duel.... Anakin Skywalker vs Darth Vader lol. That'd be crazy to watch.

Hmm, so it would be:

Empire, Sepratists, Yuuzhan Vong, Sith (Kotor) VS. Rebellion (New Republic), Clone Wars Era Republic, Old Republic.

That still leaves:

The Hapans- which would probably be on the "good" side.

The Mandalorians-Which would probably be on the "evil" side

The Chiss- I really don't think they would fall on either side, could end up on the "good" side just for balance.

Edit: Then you have:

Black Sun: Bad Side

Ssi-Ruk- Bad

So yea, the "evil" side would be very overpowered :?

Guess you could always throw in the Wooks and Gungan armies to the "good" side, probably still wouldn't bring much balance.

Edit 2: But then again, having tons more jedi would probably help the "good" side substantially.

Hmm, so it would be:

Empire, Sepratists, Yuuzhan Vong, Sith (Kotor) VS. Rebellion (New Republic), Clone Wars Era Republic, Old Republic.

That still leaves:

The Hapans- which would probably be on the "good" side.

The Mandalorians-Which would probably be on the "evil" side

The Chiss- I really don't think they would fall on either side, could end up on the "good" side just for balance.

Edit: Then you have:

Black Sun: Bad Side

Ssi-Ruk- Bad

So yea, the "evil" side would be very overpowered :?

Guess you could always throw in the Wooks and Gungan armies to the "good" side, probably still wouldn't bring much balance.

Edit 2: But then again, having tons more jedi would probably help the "good" side substantially.

I kinda disagree with you on some of these. I think that the Yuuzhan Vong, Ssi Ruk, and black sun should be independent and fight as their own side. Other than that I agree with your groupings.

Meh... The Hapans did their own thing which happened to work with the New Republic and I believe the Mandalorian's only real sin was trying to wipe out the Jedi. I agree with Garbageben that the Black Sun, Ssi Ruk, and Vong should really be their own side.

You know, a clone wars era republic vs. the Empire could be intresting since all of the Empire's military was based off of that era.

A very broad way I am looking at it would be to split it up into conquerors vs defenders.

If you look at it that way, the Hapans and Chiss would be on the defenders side while the Vong, Ssi, and mandalorions would be on the conquerors side.

but when you look at it that way black sun still doesn't fit anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Know what would be interesting to do in a KOTOR mod would be that to use the Star Forge you would need to control Dantooine, Tatooine, Kashyyk, Korriban, and Maanan in order to be able to control the Rakata world.

Think of the stalemates!

• 2 weeks later...

That one sounds more like the pre-KOTOR1 (the mandalorian wars were before KOTOR1, were they not?) mod, so excluding the actual war between republic and sith as it was in KOTOR1.

That mod doesnt mention any leviathan or starforge etc, comparing to the stuff Nevets seemed to be on about (star forge/star map planets etc)

• 1 month later...

You are correct in noticing that The Sith War has no mentioning of the Leviathen or of the Star Forge.

You are also, in your own way, correct in noticing that The Sith War is not as, how was it put, "professionally done." At the moment, lack of manpower is completely stopping production, but the few men I have are among the best at their jobs and we'll make do.

The website itself has been re-designed and I recommend a glance at it for all those who saw the old one (which was designed with no previous experience by myself. Not half-bad for a first attempt, but not among pro level obviously) The Sith War

The Sith War is pre-KOTOR but set in the general time period, involving Mandalorians, Sith, and Republic skirmishes. Also, the timeline and story of this mod are outside the bounds of normal Star Wars, with a storyline that does not have affects in later, established stories. With that said, the story is quite extensive and, if I do say so myself, quite excellent.

We are preparing the Fleet lists (we only recently moved operations to EaW) and hopefully will have more models coming down the line. Any assistance, manpower-wise, would of course be appreciated :)

http://www.xyvik.com/arcaniartslogo.JPG

Arcani Arts: 3D Computer Art on various Gifts and Products!

http://members.cox.net/d.a.xyvik/sithwarbase9.jpg

What Would Fett Do?

You know what I thought of when that preview said to have the death star you need Kasyykk and Geonosis? This would be perfect for the star forge. Tatooine, Kasyykk, Manaan, Korriban, and Dantooine are all in the game, all star forge planets. So the only planet that would need to me put it is the star forge planet and this could really work.

There is a very good possibility that the Star Forge will find its way into The Sith War, but it won't play a huge role. Actually...here's what we were thinking. If it's possible, there will be several MP game varieties involving the Star Forge, such as: (keep in mind that names will change)

Star Forge Sovereign: There is a Star Forge somewhere in the middle of the Galactic Map, and the various players/teams must fight to hold it for as long as possible. Of course, the team who grabs it gets massive fleet adjustments, so we'll have to work on balancing it.

Star Forge Holdings: One team gets the Star Forge and the Star Forge planet and absolutely nothing else. They get the amazing fleet possibilities of the Star Forge but cannot capture any additional planets. The other team, however, gains the ability to capture any and all planets in the Galaxy, up to and including the Star Forge planet, so it becomes a game of the Star Forge against the Galaxy.

Star Forge Race: Instead of the Star Forge being up and running, as in Star Forge Sovereign, it has to be activated, much like the KOTOR game, probably by the capturing of the planets mentioned above, and all teams will be trying to capture and hold all the planets before the other teams can. Whoever grabs all the planets and activates the Star Forge first wins.

Anyway, those are the ideas. Whether or not they can be done is a different story.

What Would Fett Do?

eh good that someone is doing it, was only a matter of time. But it doesn't look as professionally done as Legacy or Imperial Assult.

Be happy there is one.

The mods should be combined in the end when all of them are done so there is one big mod and none of them fight eachother(ex. If I have two mods that are differant eras, I want it so that I can choose which one to play and switch to the other one without reinstalling the other mod or the game.

http://www.lucasforums.com/images/avatars/tiedefender.jpgMay the force be with you, always. http://homepage.ntlworld.com/susangillan/EDF-Avatar-X-Wing.jpg

http://www.userbars.com/galerie/images/files/3/4/ffuser.jpg

http://www.pixelpwnage.com/sigs/grouptag.jpg

.Check for Updates!.

..Imperial Assault II Mod for Empire at War!!..

...Empire at War Nexus, Modding for a Galaxy Far Far Away!!!...

....Use the Spell Check Feature People!!!!....

.....International Battlefront Clan!!!!!.....

Hopefully, EaW will include an option where you can choose between many mods, much like the original Half-Life where you simply chose which one you wanted to activate at the time. That would makes things insanely easier to handle.

Otherwise, if that is not the case, I would recommend that a third-party tool to the same idea would be a better option that combining all the mods and TCs, simply because coding all the sides in, but making it so that they couldn't all fight, and only some could, would be a heckuva headache.

What Would Fett Do?