Death stars

Eduardo

The Twin Stars were never completed, and was not even operational when they were scrapped.

There has been many Death Stars, but most have either been incomplete or prototypes.

The one we see in RotS is something the Confederacy of Independent Systems started on, called the Great Weapon. It is unknown to this date what happened to it and exactly when the Emperors forces captured it. It was atleast in the hands of the Emperor at the end of RotS, that much is clear. ;)

A prototype was also constructed in the Maw between RotS and ANH. Exactly why seeing they had an already worked on station is unclear. Perhaps they encountered problems with the original design, the Great Weapon. It's clear from the hologram we see in AotC that the DS design went thru atleast some visual changes until the first operational Death Star came into play just before ANH.

There are the Twin Stars, but I'm not exactly sure how large they were intended to be. What I do know is that they never became operational and was eventually abandoned and scrapped.

At the same time they worked on the Second Death Star which was a massive behemoth in comparison to the previous model. Although its super weaapon atleast was operational, the shields was not, and possibly other functions might also not been prioritiesed over getting the stations weapons systems operational in time for the big surprise party the Emperor had invited the rebels to. :P

Years later after the Emperors death, Bevel helped Durga the Hutt to create a death star for them, called Darksabre. But luckily this one was never completed. In fact, it never got further in the building than to create a skeleton with drives and the superlaser before the New Republic got wind of it and destroyed it.

http://www.lfnetwork.com/images/lfnlinker.gif

Star Wars: Empire at War.Net Moderator

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

Co-Leader of The Affiliates! -A-

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

- May the pants be with you!

You can only get 1 Death Star at a time! If it gets destroyed, you will have to spend a whole lot of money to make another one, but it will be possible. Once you built that one, you can't build another one until that one is destroyed!

I think that will be one of the only ships (except hero ships) that will have a limit.

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

You can only get 1 Death Star at a time! If it gets destroyed, you will have to spend a whole lot of money to make another one, but it will be possible. Once you built that one, you can't build another one until that one is destroyed!

I think that will be one of the only ships (except hero ships) that will have a limit.

More than likely, the DS will be the only ship that will have a physical set limit. Other ships of power, like the SSD, will probably have build time and cost restrictions that will make it not worth the time and effort to mass a bunch of them. Also it could be made costlier if the question about having ships built in the shipyards where they can be damaged and destroyed before completion comes back as true, because you will have to risk having the Rebels perform a hit and run on shipyards to destroy the SSD('s) in production.

At least the Coruscant Death Stars weren't nearly as dumb as the idea of Palpatine having a three-eyed son in the Jedi Prince series. *smacks forehead*

Yeah I've read some pretty weird Star Wars novels. Wasn't Palpatine's son named Triclops or something and because he was in some kind of insane prison, some other guy was passed off as him?

At least the Coruscant Death Stars weren't nearly as dumb as the idea of Palpatine having a three-eyed son in the Jedi Prince series. *smacks forehead*

but still not as dumb as:

- Extra-galactic alien invasion

- Bugs using the force to try and take over the galaxy

- a cloned emperor

- a cloned luke

- a living planet

- killing off Anakin Solo

those reasons and more is why EU never held much appeal to me, although the cloned luke makes a bit of sense, without him mara jade and luke would have ever gotten together!

and 5 death stars!

...........................................................noo comment

I've have you now - Lord Vader

okay quick question, when they lost the FIRST death star, why didnt they build one the same size? they could have finsihed it and have it be immune to TRD! but nope, they have to build it bigger and bigger!

silly imps...

I've have you now - Lord Vader

okay quick question, when they lost the FIRST death star, why didnt they build one the same size? they could have finsihed it and have it be immune to TRD! but nope, they have to build it bigger and bigger!

silly imps...

I guess it goes with the general Imperial philosophy that bigger is better. Why did they make SSD's when they had Imperator Star Destroyers? I guess the Empire wanted to show off it's might by making it bigger and better than before.

That and the new design had smaller exhaust all through out the DS instead of the one big one on a pole (which was so prone to force guide torps), so it had to be re-size to accomadate all of that. Also the main weapon got a make-over, and all the new power conduits, targeting systems, and beam guides had to be accounted for in the size... There were tons of upgrades that needed to crammed somewhere, so the size natuarlly balooned.

...and why the Empire chose to construct the Death Star in the orbit of a heavily forested moon populated by a resentful tribal society, as opposed to say, a barren volcano world with no trace of life, baffles the imagination.