Death stars

Eduardo

This has been confirmed just recently in the interview by SWGB Heaven of associate producer at LucasArts, David Silverstein. A link can be found in one of the announcements in General discussion with a similar name.

I think one death star is all I really need. It makes no real sense to have more than one at a time... and that kind of power probably causes balance issues between the two sides.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

If you're pointing towards the answer to question 7 on the interview, I wouldn't be to sure. I don't consider that too conclusive of an answer... Though the "Don't be greedy part" leads me to believe that you only get one, but I wonder what version...

Yeah, but the "You don't get more than one Death Star?" question throws the whole answer into a "huh,what? what did you mean?" kind of state. :P

I think we can safely say they haven't really answered this question properly.

The other thing we can say for sure is that you will be able to build atleast 1 Death Star. And since the game starts a few years BBY then I assume it will be the first one.

http://www.lfnetwork.com/images/lfnlinker.gif

Star Wars: Empire at War.Net Moderator

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

Co-Leader of The Affiliates! -A-

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

- May the pants be with you!

I'd like to point out again (since this detail was ignored the first time I mentioned it) that the death star is NOT on the mini map as a movable unit. It is in the right upper corner of the map letting you know that it exists off of the map. This would definetly support the idea that you can only have one death star in a battle (Though that doesn't mean "in the game"). It also makes me question the response of how the DS interacts with the fleets. If it is not on the map, it clearly can not interact "exactly" like all other ships. And I fear would suggest that it in fact doesn't interact with the other ships in a similar way at all despite what was said on in the interview. I still think they may make the DS a planet and you assualt it as you would a planet. "just like any other unit or building in the game". That doesn't seem right if you just think about it at all. Just like any other unit? It isn't just like any other unit, its a DS. I wonder if you attack the "death star components" just like you do any other unit or building in the game.

Remember that there were 3 Death Stars between before ANH and RoTJ.

Three? Wasnt there only the original DS, shown in RotS (being constructed) and ANH and the Second Death Star in RoTJ? I think there were only two.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

I thought that lucas only included the destruction of the death star into ANH because he wanted the film to become a great success and didn't know if he would earn the money to make the other two parts of the rebellion era ?

I'd like to point out again (since this detail was ignored the first time I mentioned it) that the death star is NOT on the mini map as a movable unit. It is in the right upper corner of the map letting you know that it exists off of the map. This would definetly support the idea that you can only have one death star in a battle (Though that doesn't mean "in the game"). It also makes me question the response of how the DS interacts with the fleets. If it is not on the map, it clearly can not interact "exactly" like all other ships. And I fear would suggest that it in fact doesn't interact with the other ships in a similar way at all despite what was said on in the interview. I still think they may make the DS a planet and you assualt it as you would a planet. "just like any other unit or building in the game". That doesn't seem right if you just think about it at all. Just like any other unit? It isn't just like any other unit, its a DS. I wonder if you attack the "death star components" just like you do any other unit or building in the game.

I agree completely. There is too much ambiguity(sp?) with reguard to so many of the specifics at this point as to frustrate completely. The interview really confused things about the Death Star. In rebellion you could not have 2 Death Stars at the same planet but you could conceivably have 1 at every planet. The death star was off the map there too, but to attack it the rebels had to have x number star fighter superiority and they activated a special command that sent one group at the death star area. The attack was calculated, rolled, etc and a movie played with the Death Star being destroyed or the attackers. What he might have meant is that you can take a squadron of fighter and right click on the death star instead of hitting a special option, but how does that information help us? He didn't really mention anything useful about whether or not you can attack it with, say, a Mon Cal. If you can it would have to be a unit in the battlefield.

A couple of screenshots do lead to the possibility of the Death Star being an actual unit in terms of presence (maybe not movement). The one showing the trench run with real time action going on in the background and the one where a rebel fleet is moving toward a planet and you see the Death Star in an orbit around it with a different position relative to everything.

Who knows. These interviews and questions are more irritating than helpful and who knows if we will get a straight answer at all from the live chat? They seem pretty consistent on telling us nothing.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

unfortunetly he is. One of them was commanded by the one armed wampa after making peace with Luke. Sigh

What? hahahaha :D thats the most hilarious EU thing I ever heard lol. What is that from?

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

The Coruscant Twin Stars were very small versions of the Death Stars they were designed to just be used as anti Warship platforms like Sienar initially devised.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

The Coruscant Twin Stars were very small versions of the Death Stars they were designed to just be used as anti Warship platforms like Sienar initially devised.

that is more outrageous than the super lasered ssd i think.(the sovreighn or something like that)