Planets rebelling?

Naja

Naja, I suspect (Based on reading a few of the planet attributes) that each planet has a base population. Then there can be modifiers based on faction. Say Rebs get a 10% population bonus. Then catinas and such will give pop bonuses also, say 5%.

I suspect (Though I dodn't have a screen shot to confirm this yet) that there are only two resources in EAW. Credits and Population. Planets have base stats. You can build mines to increase credits or build catinas to incrase population. The question that raises: Does population increase planet credit production? (Ie. simple tax). Or can we increase taxes if we choose? Or do the two have no consequence on one another?

NOTE: I am speaking of the campaign mode. Skirmish will definetly working differently to some degree.

Interesting indeed. By base population, do you mean something akin to a unit cap (unless you own more planets or build more population buildings), or a certain amount of recruitable human resources that regenerates over time, like RTW?

And I wouldn't dispute a taxation system at all, at least for the Empire. Taxation could very well be one of many factors that could lead to a planetary revolt. Maybe the Rebels would have some sort of black market economy (smuggling, for instance) to pay for their shit. I would prefer that the seperate factions had two different systems like those, for example.

The base only came in as a support and doubles the life of your troops from destruction. You know if they patrol they'll get owned and if they're protected they'll live. It could be a limit for weapons storage.

I've looked through all the images and video and still can't find any population indicator, which casts a lot of doubt on my hypothosis. However, the icon next to credits (which I assume represents credits) seems redundant if there is nothing but credits. Perhaps clicking on this icon cycles through other data?

:lol: A Cantina??

I missed this last night => seeing Serenity

That idea is a possibility. Maybe Cycling through Credits, Resources, Ships, Planetary defenses etc.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg