Probe droids?

General Ackbar

Medium to high probability of probe droids appearing there in my opinion. What other early scout could you want?

Oh, speeder bikes, yeah. Hmmm... Probe droids are still likely though.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

will the imperials be able to launch prob drops from SD to scope out planets?

or cant you do that since you need to capture the space part first?

Yes the probe droids will be in :) How they will use them I don't know :? SW style maybe ?! :)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"

Petroglyph FF Admin.

I don't think it will be any probe droids typesfrom expanded universe etc. sicne the game starts few years after episode 3 to episode 6 i believe

There has been no real say on how late in the Star Wars timeline things will go, just it starts a few years before A New Hope. So after that all rules are gone, you make the Star Wars story.

There has been no real say on how late in the Star Wars timeline things will go, just it starts a few years before A New Hope. So after that all rules are gone, you make the Star Wars story.

You are certainly right... but this games title is "empire at war", so it sounds like its all about the rebelion era and ends with the liberation of coruscant (which is after all the real end of the empire, even if the wars ending was obvious after the battle of endor). I think that there won't be any units which were developed or produced after the battle of endor. So the TIE Defender might be in whereas ships like the E Wing or the Mon Remonda not.

Here's what I can infer, judging from what we know so far:

- Rebels get a ubiquitous intelligence network, i.e., they can see everything the Empire is doing.

- The Empire has nowhere near that level of knowledge about those elusive Rebels, so they rely on surveillance technology like Probe Droids and TIE Scouts to not stay completely blind.

- Both sides can buy the services of bounty hunters, although naturally the Empire will be predisposed to the task - at least for the beginning of the game - due to their superior economic starting position.

I wish EVERYBODY WOULD DRILL THIS INTO THEIR HEADS! Im sick of seeing, well it ends at ep 6. No it doesnt!

BTW-Ismael Sweet Avatar Dude!

BTW-Alucard, did you make that model yourself? Its sweet!

As I said in another topic : The games name itself suggests that the timeline ends around epVI. Sure,after the battle of endor there are still many worlds under the control of the empire but I don't think there will be any EU related story as there is no evidence. The screens and feeds didn't reveal any units (or heros) from the post-endor timeline. Perhaps there is an option to play the game without any story and conquer the universe the way you would like to without any endor-like event, but even without endor happening I doubt that things from the post-endor timeline will be used for the game. And so at least EaWs technological and story-timeline only covers pre-EPIV to EPVI..

• 5 weeks later...