Canada Loves Star Wars

wormie

In reading the Toronto Star today, I noticed that they released some of the facts found in the 2001 census, the one that got my attention though was the fact about religion. The census stated that Canada's largest religion was Roman Catholicism with 12.8 million followers. The religion of Islam grew by more than 128% in the 1990's, but my favorite fact was that about 20,000 Canadians put down their religion as "Jedi". I am SO proud to be a Canadian at this moment. Discuss amongst yourselves.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

catholism is big because all french canadian are cathlic.

i am a little concerned about the growing terrorist islam threat. any way you canadians can deport them ???

yes, many many jedi reside in canada which is the equivalent of dagoba. you know, slimy mudhole. my home this is.

all in fun proud canadian.

take care.

You got mentioned? We never got mentioned here!!!

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Good one Wormie, I had heard a few stories about the census data on CBC, but nothing about Jedi!

I would say that rather than Dagobath, we are more like Hoth...

Maybe Hoth on the coldest night of the year :wink:

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Hehe, without the Wampa's!

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Somewhere around these forums there's a very old article I copied and pasted concerning a census over here along the same lines, loads of folks marking thir religion as 'Jedi.'
http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Yeah that's what I meant earlier when I said

You got mentioned? We never got mentioned here!!!

i am a little concerned about the growing terrorist islam threat.
Not all Muslims are terrorists (and not all terrorists are Muslims), SS_Officer.

any way you canadians can deport them ???
They have every right to live there. Why do you want to deport them?

I only just noticed that SOCL, well put. Back in the eighties when we had IRA bombs going off all over the place here in the Uk, how would the world have viewed us if we deported all the Irish back to Eire?

Where does it end anyway? Wasn't that guy who drove that truck into that FBI building a 'Christian American?' Where you going to deport all of them to, on suspician of being a potential threat? :lol:

Fair be, dude, it's seriously easy to be sliced off left and centre with the dreaded quote, without getting to grips with the essential nature of a post. What bugs me though, is that; despite having reasonably experianced skills of English-language, what the heck is 'crackers?'

:?

Fair be, dude, it's seriously easy to be sliced off left and centre with the dreaded quote, without getting to grips with the essential nature of a post. What bugs me though, is that; despite having reasonably experianced skills of English-language, what the heck is 'crackers?'

I Canada crackers are thin little biscuits that we eat with soup.<

Wormie, are you a Bruce Cockburn fan by any chance?

What bugs me though, is that; despite having reasonably experianced skills of English-language, what the heck is 'crackers?'

I Canada crackers are thin little biscuits that we eat with soup.
white people

I get this funny feeling that "crackers" used as a term for Caucasians (I msut be politically correct) is only American. I also get this feeling that branding people as a certain type of person is not very common in other nations, but I may be ignorant. Even so, it's sad how we do that.

Ah yes, Crackers with Tomato soup, mmmm soup.

No, the name doesn't ring a bell, but I am a HUGE fan of the Tragically Hip though.

:?:?: Tragically Hip?

Tragically Hip is perhaps one of the best bands ever to come out of Canada, they haven't had much success outside of Canada like other bands (Sum 41, Barenaked Ladies, Swollen Members) but I personally think that they are better than almost any other band that has ever come out of this frozen wasteland that I call home :D

Ah yes, Crackers with Tomato soup, mmmm soup.

No, the name doesn't ring a bell, but I am a HUGE fan of the Tragically Hip though.

Yes tomato soup and crackers, must be a defining Canadian experience. Oh yeah, and hockey too...

Bruce Cockburn is a sort of folkie guy, but he`s got a song called `Coldest Night of the Year` talking about the cold streets of Toronto in winter (as if it even gets cold in Toronto).

The Hip do rock. They are one of the best. The best of course is RUSH!!!

I have seen every John Candy movie, except Canadian Bacon...

He was a great comic. I still watch SCTV reruns. Last night he was doing a skit where he was imitating pavoratti (very funny)...

Ah yes, John Candy, a tragic end to a great comic. He actually went to the same school as my step father. A very, very funny man. I have seen Canadian Bacon, not the best movie but he made it watchable. His funniest movie would have to be The Great Outdoors with Dan Aykroyd. I recommend it to everyone.

Yes, that is a classic scene. Another must see John Candy movie.