New Footage

Naja

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i want his bakckground!

http://images.pexsus.com/show.php?src=games/empireatwar/misc/eainside/7e5b3eac8d60a0f25fb869d831a7cefe.jpg

and by the way, how could you tell that city map was correlia?

At the Games Convention they had this background (the box cover) as a around about 10 meter high banner. I asked them if I might get it but they denied... sad, sad stroy :(

Few comments.

1) With the attention to detail they are placing on each planet surface, I think 40 planets is asking a lot. Each planet has its own terrian, trees and NPC life. Each of that takes a long time to put together. Let the modders add another 100 planets once the game is out.

2) Unit scaling has been vastly improved. Thank you Petro for listening to your fans, that goes a long way.

3) The Corellian surface brings up something that I hadn't put too much thought into... the maps are being designed as defender friendly. If the invading force must march its troops down a narrow bridge like that to get to the base, they will be at a large disadvantage (Which is how it should be in my opinion. Should need a 3:1 ratio when invading).

4) It occured to me how imprortant it is for them to have damaged units stay damaged. They stated that damaged units will be fully repaired after each battle. I think that this is bad for a persistent universe. I think this is more important than unit experience, especially since they have stressed the tactical implications of retreating. It would be horrible if you almost loose your ISD, jump out, regroup then jump right back in and take no penelty. Also, if unit debris from destroyed ships stays around (as they said in this video) then ship damage should as well, imho.

5) Shockwave from planet clearly does not go through the DS, but rather passes just under it. It does go through the other ships however.

6) Nothing he says suggests that the DS can target ships. He is simply talking about taking out just the spacestation etc from a strategic point of view.

7) He says once you have a planet you gain the resources and "strategic' advantages. The later clearly includes construction levels and research points and unit types from watching the video.

8) Most important information from the video: Research. He says that they are quickly increasing "Resources and Research" and "Leveling up". Meaning each level has new units.

As he is talking about leveling up and new ground building appears (Looks like a research facility). I wonder if this got added as soon as they "leveled up" or if it became available to build.

(You can see that he levels up several times. I think he starts at level 2 and ends at level 5. Look at the info window that keeps appearing on the left hand side of the screen)

Also, right before he builds the deathstar, he levels up and instantly there are two more units available in the spaceship window. I think this suggests there there is a simple level based research system rather than a research tree in which a player can choose what type of unit to research. I.E. Once you get to level 10, suddenly b-wings become available.

As I can tell, at first the empire has (From left to right) - Tartan Patrol, Missle Cruiser, Victory SD, Acclamator SD, PROBE DRIOD, Unknown, Tie Scout.

NOTE: The probe driod has its first sighting. Must be very usefully for finding enemy units on the space maps. the unit after the spy driod is an engima to me. Since we must take into account that all the other units are from a port/top angle view, so is this one. Meaning it is a very tall and skinny unit, very similar to the ground unit troop icons. Is this a space marine? It is definetly located next to the spy driod and likely a specilized unit which are grouped between cruisers and fighters.

Upon Leveling up, he now has access to ISD's and Interdictror Cruisers. The first appearing at the begining of the unit list, the latter appearing after the Acclamator SD. Oddly, he then stars building DS, which there is still no unit icon for.

We can now tell that the pointer icon represents ships and the lined symbole represents ground units. On the right hand side there is a stat bar for each. You can see the ships on corrusaunt is 3 of 5 and the ground units are 3 of maybe 9. Is this a unit cap or a contruction rate?

9) Im concerned by the fact that the game freezes for less than a half second, and he quickly assumes the game has crashed, as if this is an ongoing problem.

OH (censored) NO HADOKEN YOUR BROTHER'S GOT YOUR ACCOUNT!

Or his mind... I find stupidity and foolishness wear off on you after awhile...

OH GOD PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

any way anyone gonna answer my question?

• 2 weeks later...
If you look at 8:46 in the video, you see Home One highlighted and below it you see an Interdictor Cruiser.

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg