New Footage

Naja

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These screens and new demo are annoying me in a way because they are rehashing stuff. Makes me kinda worried that they are going to let things slide in a big way because they have the eye-candy appeal and the massive Star Wars purchasing base.

Worries me too, when they leave some minor irritating things like the lacking non-ISD ship explosions, the blastwave of a dying planet miraculously leaving the Death Star's oribiting fleet intact, etc. However, I think the main reason that we don't see more units, locales, and anything else, is probably legal, and probably in development. Lucasarts probably doesn't want everything revealed just yet, for marketing reasons, and Petroglyph probably doesn't want us to see new units or locales until they're close to being 100% crisp 'n clean.

These screens and new demo are annoying me in a way because they are rehashing stuff. Makes me kinda worried that they are going to let things slide in a big way because they have the eye-candy appeal and the massive Star Wars purchasing base.

Worries me too, when they leave some minor irritating things like the lacking non-ISD ship explosions, the blastwave of a dying planet miraculously leaving the Death Star's oribiting fleet intact, etc. However, I think the main reason that we don't see more units, locales, and anything else, is probably legal, and probably in development. Lucasarts probably doesn't want everything revealed just yet, for marketing reasons, and Petroglyph probably doesn't want us to see new units or locales until they're close to being 100% crisp 'n clean.

opefully..remember BFME?

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

Well there are a number of new images which show an urban battle and a few which show mustafar.

Still say it is Lok,

Lok:

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/images/planets/swg_lok009r.jpg

Mustafar:

http://ffmedia.ign.com/starwars/image/article/599/599202/swcom-mustafar_1111800964.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/Indum/ElloElloEllo.jpg

Ello! New unit! Republic speeder from the clone wars, nice.

Also note the Pod walker can be seen fighting for the Imperials, so it will be for both sides.

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

Another thing that is interesting is that it now confirms that other races like Wookies, will play a role and that creatures will be roaming around on planets such as tauntauns.

You know what this means for the empire.....target practice.

Nice to have some concrete confirmation that there are already over 40+ planets too! That must mean they're still adding more :)

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

They really need to do something about the shockwave going straight through the death star. lol. Also I want more TIEs! And I still dont think it can kill capital ships because they never show the guy actually picking what to shot, all it is, is a lever to kill the planet.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

i need more planets......also more ties and ships in general would be nice (i want the isd2) i really don't think the death star will be able to kill other ships.and the shock wave thing well it isn't that big a deal but it is kinda weird. :roll:

Corellia is very similar to Earth in all respects. It is a built up area but not as badly as coruscant. I think that that battle could be down in Coronet City maybe even down Treasureship Row.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

About the shield generator... or more specifically, the power generator for the shield generator. Why is it assumed that it was outside in ESB? The problem was that the shield prevented a bombardment by the star destroyers... which included the Executor. Now if there was a shield bubble that prevented space based bombardment and the generator was not under that... why could that not have been bombarded? I was just thinking about this.

Now once the generator was destroyed, Veers told Vader that the generator was gone and "you may start your landing". This would imply that you can't just dropship through the shield but does this mean that the AT-ATs could fire through the shield or that they could walk through it? What about the possibility that the shield had an umbrella effect, meaning you couldn't drop or fire down or through it but it doesn't extend down to the ground so the AT-AT group had to drop outside the umbrella and make the journey underneath it?

In the game they have the shield extending to the ground ala Episode I gungans (curse you Lucas). I think this is a mistaken interpretation of the way shields work. Kind of like how x-wing, rebel strike and the like have the two domes on the command tower of a Star Destroyer being shield generators, assuming that there is a projected bubble effect. Also how they did the Droidekas. Truth is that those domes are sensors and the shield generators are hundreds of little mini tower... or antenae sticking out of the Star Destroyer's hull in a pattern like the pins on Pinhead from the horror movie (can't remember the name). If you think about it... the individual antenae projecting their own little umbrella configuration shield spaced properly would overlap making a very tightly knit shield "coating". On a planetary scale it may be easier to have a huge generator projecting one big umbrella shield or multiple generator towers making an overlaping shield group like on a Star Destroyer.

Regardless, there is a fundamental problem with the placement of the power generator. Petroglyph said that it was like that in the movies but I think if you examine the evidence from ESB, the movies dictate a different scenario altogether. Does any of this make sense?

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

Agreed. Most of us seem to agree on the subject, that Petro got it wrong.

About the AT-ATs; who knows? Maybe it allows the passage of objects, like in Episode I, but blocks energy weapons? Maybe Vader didn't want to land without being able to have ISDs and TIEs give him support with their weapons. Don't know, but in any case, having the generator outside makes no sense, otherwise in ESB they would have bombed it (even looking from a military viewpoint, having the generator isolated outside makes no sense whatsoever anyway). :)

I just wish they didn't emphasize the game's simplicity all the time.... :?

And the shield generator is still outside.

Home One! :D:mrgreen:

I think this game is going to be anything but simple, it may be simple to pick up, but when you add space and land combat over 40+, then you add that those planets have other races on them that play a role, and then you add hero units, then you add what looks to be like lots of units. This will be a complex game.

Their reassuring us of the game's simplicity, I think, simply means that the game will not have an excessive resource-gathering aspect like most RTS's, and will have a lot of Byzantine aspects removed, so that we can focus on combat most of all.

Shield Generator Shield generators produce the power needed to create and maintain deflector shields, then focus those shields around a given object, be it ship building, or even parts of an entire planet.

Deflector Shield A deflector shield is one of two types of force field that repulses solid objects or absorbs energy, thus offering protection to everything under the shield. Ray shielding defends against energy such as radiation and blaster bolts; partical shielding prevents matter from penetrating the field.

The shield generator was located at Echo station where the battle of Hoth took place. When Gen. Veers destroyed the then generator, Vader landed his troops at Echo base. Tacticallyyou wouldn't want your assult force traversing hostile ground. Any ways what we have seen in the video's was only a demo. Their intent was to show us that you were capable of producing shield generators and destroying them. Having the shield gen. out side the shield was just to show the mechanics of the game. If I were to build a shield gen. I would build more than just one depending on the importance of that planet.

All It Takes For Evil To Flourish Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.

Shield Generator Shield generators produce the power needed to create and maintain deflector shields, then focus those shields around a given object, be it ship building, or even parts of an entire planet.

Deflector Shield A deflector shield is one of two types of force field that repulses solid objects or absorbs energy, thus offering protection to everything under the shield. Ray shielding defends against energy such as radiation and blaster bolts; partical shielding prevents matter from penetrating the field.

The shield generator was located at Echo station where the battle of Hoth took place. When Gen. Veers destroyed the then generator, Vader landed his troops at Echo base. Tacticallyyou wouldn't want your assult force traversing hostile ground. Any ways what we have seen in the video's was only a demo. Their intent was to show us that you were capable of producing shield generators and destroying them. Having the shield gen. out side the shield was just to show the mechanics of the game. If I were to build a shield gen. I would build more than just one depending on the importance of that planet.

in the super long e3 video the announcer dude says that sheold generators will be outside the sheilds "in true star wars fasion" this idea is proven wrong time and time again but the petroglyph peoples don't seem to care. :cry: