The 10 Interview Questions

Foshjedi2004

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They never build it properly to scale. They don't even know what the proper scale is to begin with. In rebellion it was about twice as big as an ISD. I suspect Petro will make it about 3-4 times the size (Or about 1/3 of what it should be)

Needless to say, the SSD will definitely not be as big or as powerful as it is on all the statistical records.

The RPG accounts say that the SSD has 250 turbolasers, heavy turbo lasers, ion cannons and missile tube. These numbers are based off of the miscalculation of the ships length, meaning the actual numbers should be about 3-4 times that many.

But we’ll use Starwars.com’s as the official numbers. They have the SSD length at 19k meters. Weapons: 350 Heavy, 350 Regular, 250 Ion, 250 Missile Tubes.

They have the Mon Cal 80 listed at 1.2k meters. The weapons as generally listed at: 0 Heavy, 48 Regular, 20 Ion.

The MC80 has 3 times the shield generators, though each is weaker than an ISDs.

I’ll have to go back to the RPG for the shields: SSD= 96000, MC80 3840(x3=11520)

And the damage of Heavy vs Regular TB at 10/7. (Though I suspect the Heavy is more than 45% more powerful than a regular)

SSD Shields: Approx 8 times a MC80 (Being generous with the backups)

SSD Weapons: Approx 22 times that of a MC80

On paper I would say one SSD could take on at least 10 MC80s, more likely about 14-15. A far cry from rebellion, in which I think 3 MC80s would match a SSD. (Though I haven’t played in awhile, maybe it was stronger than that)

Sorry for the long post...

I agree with Mawku when he says the SSD will not be as big or as powerful if ingame. If it is, then the Rebels have little hope of destroying it. It would be cool to see it in all it's glory, but in order that 10 or more MC80s are needed to take one down while undefended by other craft it would have to have a massive resource cost. Even then, when on the field it would be almost unstoppable...

They could always try to make them very vunerable to a specific unit/class, but the truth of the matter is that the larger ships like the SSDs have very few flaws in terms of what can take it down. Heroes are perhaps the only thing that comes to mind.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk