The offical Lucasarts forums

TSKNF

Well if this is any indication of how LA is handling mods I'd say the mods may be in trouble.  It appears (on LA forums) that they do not support 3rd party mods at all and ban all talking or mentioning of them.  I hope they'll release game modding tools!

The policy here is these forums are not to be used to share unofficial, 3rd party modifications. This is true for starting new threads, or for posting such information in existing threads.

Please consider this your general warning that doing so will result in your thread being locked and/or the information in individual posts being edited out or unapproved for view.

Repeatedly doing so can result in your account being locked. So please don't do it. That includes asking for mods, by the way.

The Internet is a big place, and its best to leave that information off of these boards.

Thanks

DM out

Oh yeah like mods are something awful like some of the stuff on the internet.  ::)

So what hes saying hes a bias idiot and hired to work there and doesn't care about anything else. Also I see a person whos been told to hate all mods just because Fosh spammed his mod links on every topic mentioning Tie Interceptors or the like. Well I see what that person is doing but he/she is doing it for the wrong reason  :-\ Its like trying to ban lip stick links and just because they're red and for woman just because we get chap sticks.

Well if I go back there I will cause a spark and would be my deja vu time.

I made a thread there yesterday and look at this reply...

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=105470&tstart=0

Why are you not allowing us to advertise Unofficial Mods on this forum?? I thought that the whole point of EAW was so that they could have loads of Mods etc.....Plus Pre-Moderator Expansion Rogue AND Sluggo never seemed to have any problem with us advertising.

It may just be a few overzealous Moderators but I'd like to hear David's opinion on this, Not Moose's or Catch22s. You may ban me for doing this but Legacy of War currently are doing a week long update including 20 releases. Day 2 has been put up for show and in the member's only section are a few nice surprises.

--

Foshjedi

Legacy of War Co-Lead

PFF Moderator

Old Hand in the EAW community!!

Reply:

Why are you not allowing us to advertise Unofficial Mods on this forum??

Because they are just that, unofficial. And we are on the official site here. Official, unofficial, problematic, so no go.

Don't know who David is, but Paul's in charge now and he has recently confirmed not to encourage the advertising of unofficial mods until official mod tools are available.

And that's all there is to say at this time.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

erm, I'm right here  :-\

I'm reformed remember? didn't y'all see my apology that I posted in the bar? Anyway, Part of the reason that drove my reign of terror on LA was probably that it was really boring. No avatars, Sig's, profile options, directories, nothing. The mods themselves didn't know anything about the games (if they were there at all) when they did make a comeback they Nazi-fied the entire form and banned you just if they felt like it. I got banned for Posting a topic in the BF2 forum called "how to piss off people in space battles" I was banned for the word "piss off" and for saying that for some odd reason the mods were allowed to swear their heads off but we couldn't say "piss off".

odd isn't it?

and just for your reference Emperor Cheeseman is a different person.

Lucasarts has gone to the dogs.... wait, that insulting to the dogs. I'll just say it sucks. And it's purple!? Does that say something about the site? Purple is a gay color for a forum.

ok Cheese sorry i just remember that you used to try and piss us off on the Official Forums.

but i agree with what your saying about the boredom over there  they don't really have anything going for them.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/Admiral_Antilles/Thrawncopy.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

I Support the Resistance!