Counter-Strike Source

Ghostly_Substance

I was actually about to make a thread for this. Is it a sweet game? Obviously its sweet in MP but what about single player? I used to play at my friends house he had Half Life and i wasnt that great at it cause i barely played. I dont have DSL yet so would the Singlew Player keep me occupied for about a onth or so? Thanks guys!

PS-Im goin out to a game store today cause i got a gift card, if thewy have it i may get it so respond quick!

EDIT: Wait it comes with HL2? Or do i have to wait for the "Game of the Year edition" to come out for that? Anyways im leavin now, so ill check it out maybe get it (by it i mean HL2) Later guys!

Counter-strike source comes with HL2. HL2 is by itself a great game and reccomended. :wink:

It also comes withHalf-life 2 deathmatch, and a cool little 2D game called Codename Gordon. Day of Defeat Source and vrious other games using the Source engine are all going to be released soon, and you can download them all for free with Steam.

So no worries.

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

Yeah i baught HL2 but how do you get it to play single-player in offline mode? I Connected to the internet to sign-up my Steam thing and unchecked the "Dont save info to this computer" like it said but it still doesnt work in the offline mode. Can anyone help me out?

PS- My steam name is SharpShooter89720 You'll prolly see me in a onth or so whenever they re-wire my street.

Never mind the above post, got it working. flippin sweet game in one-player, other than the fact that my computer just Turned-Off on me about an hour in. Luckily i was saving often. Im gonna check the status of my DSL on my street, i would get it right now but they have to rewire my whole neighborhood. Anyways love the game, cant wait to play online! If you see SharpShooter89720 on there ever say hi and who you are! :D

Yeah i sent you a message. Im having problems wit the game though. First when i get to this one part my whole computer turns off then after i updated my video card driver, the game wont start it gives me an error message about not being able to read some memory or somehting. Im pissed :twisted: Anyway, while it worked it was sweet and if they ever get around to fixing up the wires in my neighborhood ill be playing non-stop! :D I sent some emails to the support for the game and asked some questions to some techies so perhaps ill be able to fix it soon. Later!

PS-Is garbageben's xfire thing Garbageben?

Ok i need an opinion here, i was told that my Video Card is Crap and that it may be causing the problems im having, I have a SiS 760 with the latest drivers. Still im told it sucks so how does this sound?

ATI Radeon 9200

? I can grab it brand new for 30 bucks if anyone knows a thing or two on this topic please dont hesitate to post or PM me. Thanks!

Garbageben is [MoD] B. Disraeli. He's got another one too, Garbageben, get in here and do some exposition. :P

I would say your card could do with a little upgrade.

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

OK well i hope so cause i put in a bid on it. Hopefully ill get his game working, i was ust sarting to get into it, id been playing for about an your and i was supposed to goto bed, it was like 2 in the morning. Sweet game hopefully ill get it to work.

OK well i hope so cause i put in a bid on it. Hopefully ill get his game working, i was ust sarting to get into it, id been playing for about an your and i was supposed to goto bed, it was like 2 in the morning. Sweet game hopefully ill get it to work.

The moment you do

Look round corners or it's headshot for you!

Your prolly right since its been awhile since ive played but wait till i get some practice in and you will be the one with a hole in your head my friend! :twisted:

EDIT: I think im gonna go with a NVIDIA Geforce 5200, Any Concerns?

Ok Cool, im getting a new video card, anyday now and then the game will work and ive seent eh verizon contractors in my area getting ready to lay some new cables (hopefully) then ill be up for a game id say by the winter (hopefully).