Somethings to talk about...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope there is no pop cap or at least it is really high

i can see it now

petro dev: well we cant have no pop cap, thats too much!

fan: well we could lower it?

Petro dev: of course! genius! we will just lower it to 999,999,999 pop cap.

:lol:

I've have you now - Lord Vader

lol, someone is goin to end up ruining the game (if its me ban me for a month).

Well if there is a pop cap then I would imagine 1000 per planet and same in space unless its all Rome Total War style for upkeeps and repairs :roll:

lol, someone is goin to end up ruining the game (if its me ban me for a month).

Well if there is a pop cap then I would imagine 1000 per planet and same in space unless its all Rome Total War style for upkeeps and repairs :roll:

I could imagine that...Unlimited pop, but some sort of failsafe to avoid army's that are too big.

Stick it at around 500 for me.

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

o thats just great, the campaign/match could easily last 10 hrs and since they could defect just double the number...ugh.....but that is a pretty good idea avalible to lets say 10 key planets? i dont want to conquer, then lose the galaxy to NPCs

In the alpha there was a bar (on top of the mini-map) which changed during play (he ione with red and blue parts). We (me and Junker) thought it might be a sign for a pop-cap but could not find a proof for this.

If it was one it did not work properly or simply allowed a huge amount of units.

Mh dont think so because then it would not change in skirmish space battles because there is no real "controlling" of space.

Even if this would be a very useless bar because every player should be able to see with a short glance at the mini map how much of the map is controlled by him.

I want there to be trade routes that past through systems and make it so the Rebels and the Imps can ambush enemy conovys thus reducing the enemys income.

-Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.

J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord Of the Rings

-Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

General George Patton Jr

-Cool game being made a high school student, I recommend checking it out. 

http://www.spacedoutgame.com/

Matt Castle

MCAS1937@yahoo.com

http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Matt%20Castle

but anyways, all annoying aside, one question i want answered is how detailed will the tech tree be? will it be as if you choose 1 technology to research and then go down a line? like if you had the choice of making star destroyers or interceptors, if you researched the destroyer you would move on further down the SD tech, and not be able to do interceptor, because you didnt choose it then? or maybe it would only apply to major research things?

specializing branches would be a cool thing to see, because then it would show how much time you spent in thinking about your fleet, not just getting enough credits to research everything.

hope that made sense :)

Mmm, Kentuy fried Gugan

-Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.

J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord Of the Rings

-Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

General George Patton Jr

-Cool game being made a high school student, I recommend checking it out. 

http://www.spacedoutgame.com/

Matt Castle

MCAS1937@yahoo.com

http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Matt%20Castle

• 2 weeks later...
Force lightening to Jar Jar Binks.... The control the universe.

Yes! :twisted:

Anywho...I would want Wedge Antilles, Dash Rendar, Garm Bel Ibis, the Hapans, the Chiss, and...a pony!

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

Executor class SSD... Over-rate-ed *clap clap clapclap clap* Over-rate-ed

As long as the A-wing and Death Star don't get the last minute axe I'll be happy. But I guess if we're dreamin'.... In game I want a Eclipse class SSD heading a battle group of 4 Soveriegn class SSDs, 7 Executor class SSDs (its still an overrated class), 75 ISD Mk.III, 14 Indedictor class SDs (you know, the gravity well ones), 100 Victory Mk.II SDs, 50 Lancer class frigates. All of this using a Death Star Mk.II as a jumping off point. If I could muster that force, I think I could die a happy gamer.

edit: oh and I want the fleet's ships to have their full compement of TIE squadrons (Primary fighter being the Interceptor, but some Defender squadrons would be in also. Also upgraded TIE bombers would be availble), stromtroops, and ground assault assets.