A thread for the Rebellion Masters out there...

Vader89

From what I remember you build it at Courasant or one that has it and send it over to a planet that has none :roll: Been 2 weeks since I played it so I already forgotten a bit like I forgotten how to play in WoW.

Yeah you just have the closest planet to the one you want a construction yard on build it and send it to the planet you want, this can take a LONG time though!

well if a planet only has 1 shield gen, u can do a planatary assult. load up ships that can hold troops and have them do a planatary assult. If a planet has 2 shields, a planatary assult is impossible. u either have to sabatage 1, or, bring enough fire power and do planatary bombardment. more shields make the shield stronger, which means u need more ships

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

Oh, forgot to add. Ion cannons are only good for 1 thing, and that's incase the enemy blockades the planet, and u wanna get units and hero's off, u can move them safely. otherwise, u can't move anything on the planet if it's under blockade

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, guys Im pretty new to the forums but I got Rebellion and I have never played a game against a real person seems like it would be fun if you got 8 hours to kill. Im down if anyone wants to.

To those of you who have just got into it, I always play empire but the rebels are almost the same except you should attack early not late. Mainly fighters are your best freind in this game. Once the Empire gets defenders its almost over because none of the Imps other fighers have shields and defenders are the best.

Thing I do early is build nothing but fighter carriers and dreadnaughts because it takes to long to build anything else and fighters can destroy captial ships with no fighter screens (horrible balance problem but oh well). Get you recruit people working over time getting all the characters and research people researching everything. Then I'll specailize plantets like dump a bunch of shipyards at one, troop facilites at another, and contruction plantes. All other planets are rescource planets that support your empire. Get one of the stupid troop ships (these things are useless because your capital ships carry all the troops you need) they give you at the beginning and start scouting the unknown regions to take over the planets( diplomats are good for the netural planets), probe droids are good 10 of them to scout whole systems at once and find out which planets you should colonize first. Speciallize each planet shipyards on one planet etc I like one planet to have a couple of each to build fighters and do repairs if need it. Like nine advance shipyards can spit out ImpII Destroyers in nothing flat. Death Star is a gimmick weapon but is fun better to spend the money on more star destoryers. I usually build sector fleets in all the systems I control usually consist of 2-3 fighter carriers, 3-4 star destroyers of various types, and a interdictor. The comp will raid you like a bastard. Planetary guns are worthless in this game because they only destroy ships if the player does a planetary bombardment and no real person is that stupid I just destroy all of them best defense are 2 shield generators and 3-4 ground units and sector fleet to protect a system. Resource management is best left to the comp just click the annoying robot and tell him to manage the resources, but make sure you have all the stuff you need on a planet because he will fill it up with mines and refineries.

Finally, A couple of fleets to march over the rebels. Usually fully loaded with SSD's, ImpII's, VicII's, Figher Carriers and tons of Defenders. Lancer, Strike cruisers are useless for their cost trust me they can not hit fighters and suck at taking on Rebel captial ships. One of the best aspects of this game and I hope they put it in EAW is naming the ships and fleets. If you ahve enough fleets you run out of names quickly, especially if you try to speciallize them like with interdictors.

Sorry for the length of this post, but that's my overall veiw on stratgey in this game. Oh and natural disaters suck a big one. Should have been able to turn those off. I got the next couple of days off if anyone wants to get a game on. It would be interesting to play against a real person.

• 1 month later...