A thread for the Rebellion Masters out there...

Vader89

Whats a good strategy to use? I started off strong and then all at once the damn rebels started invading my planets one after another. I prolly shoudl have put more troops on them. I had 3 whole sectors under my belt and just like that it got widdled down to 1 and i also had a secret rim sector for producing a DS and some SSD's :twisted: What do you really need to focus on in rebellion? And how can i keep the damn rebels from taking over? I have since faught back and regained one of the sectors and am going to start to take my other one back over. I now have a decent battle fleet (1 SSD, 1 ISD, 1 ISD2, 2 Victory 2's and 2 Lancer frigates, all stocked with TIE Defenders, Bombers. Troops and Spec Ops.) But i would like to start a new game and avoid the problem altogether. Any advice or tips or anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hope your having fun Vader89 :P I know i'm not suposed to do this but i'm desprite in getting Rebellion (I cant buy it online)

Hey if anybody has Gmail and a copy of Rebellion could you send me folder by folder using WinRAR to compress the folders and emailing it to ghostlymodra@gmail.com then printscreen how to put the folders then what i'm suposed to do to make it play ? :roll:

I`m glad you are having fun with rebellion i know i shouldn`t been saying this but that is all part of the fun i mean you have absolutely no idea how much i wish that would happen to me as sometime after you batter them really good the game simply dies without a opponent.

Anyway did you try to have 6 troops on a planet plus 2 shields and there where there is possible a general or spying done on the planet but still if Luke comes at jediknight and with a few other characters then there is nothing in the world you can do to stop him except for Vader

Vader, I just installed Rebellion for the first time in about 5 years. I can't really give you must advice since im not very good : ) But... i'd like to get a multiplayer game going once you get more familiar with it. just shoot me a pm

The key to the Rebellion is to be aggressive especially if you're playing as the empire. If you can get the Alliance on the run early in the game there's a good chance you can keep them hurting. As the Alliance if you take risks and can hit those garrisoned Imperial worlds early on do so. If you can keep the Empire unbalanced by continual strikes on facilities you can easily win.

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Sabotage is a wonderful tool. What's really fun is in the beginning, to load say a corvette or some other light ship, take it to a plannet u wanna slow down or destroy production. have 1 main character that's good with espionage and sabotage. 2 is better. with 2 minor buildable espionage and sabotage guys. Say that pretty rebel planet has 2 shield gens and good production, but is ready to declare if u kill off the troops on the planet. it's simple. u sabotage the garasoned guys. ooorrrr u take out the shield gens, and have a small fleet ready. Note that when u set up for a sabotage mission, u have the option to make decoys. for good effectiveness, have 1 major hero as decoy, and 1 running the show. with 1 or 2 working with each decoy and the main guy as well. Great thing about having a ship over the planet is that u dont' have to do espionage every time to see if anything's changed, and the system is blocaded.

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

Thanks guys, keep it coming. The only thing i dont like with the rebels is that they are scattered everywhere, any advice on how to start off? By the time i get people in the risght places and facilities built it'll be like day 100! Thanks!

Being spread out can be advantagous. Sending even 1 construction yard to places across the galaxy, and in a couple hundred turns, u have the entire sector under your control. Send out any medium transports out, to servey system by system. if u find planets that have large capasity, land a troop regiment, then send a couple construction yards over. To gain a foot hold, send out diplomats. good idea is to concentrate them in one sector, if u want it raelly badly. i like to fan out. have mon monthma, luke and leia recruiting. the empire usually has a great many planets that support u, but are garrisoned. to take em over, use my last suggstion about sabatures. Hand and chewie can be very usefull...

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

That's awesome man!! i suppose u don't have the manuel though huh? :? Ok let's see if i can describe the basics' for ya. Each planet has a bar under it. It represents popular support. Red for the rebellion, green for the empire. Now if that bar goes below half, your gonna have an uprising. to stop it u either need more garasons on the planet, or send a diplomat, say mon monthma. U'd click on mon mothma, then u can drag her to the planet u want. That goes for all heros. If u want an admiral or commander on your fleet, just drag the guy u want to command onto the ship. then u can right click on that guy and select admiral or commander (if they are capable. Some don't have the ability to command, or only certain things) Research and Development is also done thruogh a few select characters. Thrawn for example has the ability to R&D ships. Just right click on him, and select mission. Target a planet that has a shipyard. then select Ship research. There is one hero for all 3 avenue's. Buildings, troops, and shipyards. THen there is 1 multipurpose hero, that can do all 3. but u can only reasearch one at a time. To get more hero's, u must have either vader, the emperor, luke, leia, or mon mothma. Click on one of them, then right click, select mission. target the planet they're at. then select for the mission as recruitment. sometimes it fails, no worries though. right clicking on any thing, say a troop, hero, ship, or building, u can select "encilopedia" and it will tell u about that thing. Say if u wanna know if that hero is capable of sabotage, or being a general, it's there. It also has hero stat's in there. the higher, the better. Once a hero does a successful mission, the atrabutes used go up, kinda like an rpg. THe only contradiction is once u have jedi. When they fail, there is a posibility that they will gain strenght as a jedi, increasing there rank. that and u can train jedi, and being successful also brings up there stats and jedi stats. If luke disapears on u around day 300, don't worry. 100 turns after he leaves, he comes back a jedi, and is stronger. Hmm i dunno what else to cover for now. Oh, 1 mine and one refinary together count as 50 resourse units. I don't believe they have to be on the same planet, u simply have to have a balance. If u right click on 3po or that other protocal droid for the empire, and select galaxy overview. it tells u what things u have and how much they cost. u can also find out how many refineries and mines u have, and what u need to build. If u wanna move more then one unit at a time, just press cltr and left click on all the units u wanna move, then drag em over. Say u wanna move 12 storm trooper regiments onto your fleet, it's handy that way. Han solo has a special advantage. Any units traveling with him get there in half the time, because the falcon is so fast. say u wanna get leia over half the galaxy to that ripe neutral world (greyish planet) and u need to get her over there fast, take han with her. (usually u have to travel first to the nearest rebel planet, u can just move hero's onto neutrals like u would with a planet under your control. cept for deplomacy or whatever) Keeping the emperor on corscuant is important. it is his seat of power. if he's moved, all troops loose like 50 percent of they're effectiveness. If u have any more questions, just ask, i'll help ya!

ok I figured out how to do these things:

- View messages

- Chat with a player

- Build

- Do hero missions

- Battles

- Bombardment

- Traveling

But I failed in these tasks:

- Building more shipyards and ships (after the AI built mines for me)

- diplomising more planets

I lacked in:

- building and managing units

- Building buildings

- controling other planets

- traveling

- Fighting and protecting

Recruitment

Recruitment is how you gain new heros. The empire only has Vader and the Emperor to recruit new units while the Rebels have Han, Leia, Luke and Mon Mothma. To recruit, take that unit and assign them to a mission at any planet with is under your control.

Research

Research will automatically take place on its own, but it takes a very very long time. Each side has two researchers for buildings, ships and troops and one researcher who can do all three.

Empire - Ships: Thrawn & Klev. Troops: Covell & Veers, Buildings: Villar & Orlok. All: Bevel Lemelisk

Rebels - Ships: Wedge & Ackbar. Troops: Rieekan & Crix Madine Buildings: Lando & Kardde All: Adar Tallon

Now, they can only research at a planet that has the facilities they wish to research. I.e. A troop researcher can only research at a planet which has a troop training facility. Simply right click on the unit, select mission, and then click on the planet. The very first option in the mission box will be “researchâ€

It's probably a good idea if u take care of the resourse managament yourself, at least when your first learning, then u know how it works. 1 refinery and 1 mine = 50 maintence points. Have most planets that are strictly resourses, and 3 industrial planet in each sector. 1 planet dedicated to construction, one to troops and 1 to ships. That's an easy way to start at least. Once u figure out how u like to play u can change that. Or they don't have to be dedicated 3 or 4 industrial facilities on a planet that has mines and refineries can also work as well. Even if u have say only 1 shipyard, have it produce large amounts of fighters. The more units u buy at 1 time, the cheeper they are to build ;) Fighters are amazing. One time i had like 80 squadron's of x-wings protecting a planet. i got attacked by a sizable fleet. I won, with fighters to spare. Always protect your most important plannets first with garason/s of guys, and slap a general on them, to protect from sabotage. If u wanna increase your construction yards, it's a good idea to first build 2 or 3 on one planet, build 2 shield gens. then send more to other places u want to have construction yards. Then u can build troop and shipyards. When your doing diplomacy, always scope out the planets that have the most energy and have the best buildings and defences. I like to make Sector fleets. 1 for each sector, plus a few other attack fleets that are free to roam the galaxy.

I follow the same plan as Josh. Thats how I managed to make such a F.ing massive fleet. When they were all together for the final assault on Coruscant they were utterly destroyed. I found that 20 X-wing squads and 10 B-wing squads per planet works just as well as 80 x-wings. Be carefull though as the Imp. Fighters always go for the bombers first.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Started playing Rebellion more seriously again.

The key to victory is keeping focused 100% of the time, clicking on the systems and managing everything all the time. After 3 hours of kicking Rebel butt, I was EXHAUSTED. :? I'm already around 4400 days into the game, and I really let the bastard develop too much. He keeps attacking my Core planets, and thus keeping 2-3 of my fleets occupied, guarding planets, while I have 3 other, stronger fleets (SSDs and a DS of course ;)) kicking butt in the Outer Rim. The Rebellion has occupied EVERY planet in the Outer Rim, making it a long and difficult process of beating him. But, I already captured Leia, Luke and Mon Mothma. Now to find that pesky HQ! 8)

BTW, what happened to Cain's idea of a Rebellion competition? I'm still up for that, is there a separate thread for it? :P

Hmmm that could be fun. We should see what happens. I'm pretty rusty. I never did much player to player, but i'm an old veteran of that game 8)