Games Convention video is up!

Little.B

Guest JediIgor
Also: did the AT-ATs seem to have firepower that was...lacking? I don't think that anything should be able to survive the combined firepower of 3 AT-ATs at close range, yet that structure that was highlighted was barely getting any damage.

You are correct, Petroglyph seems to have severely underbalanced the power of the AT-ATs. I believe they should be the *ultimate* ground unit the Imperials build and thus very very expensive. They move too fast too. Of course this isn't like the movies at all, you could see that by the way everything is arcade-like.

They seemed to speed everything up in the Liepzig version.

ATATs are lumbering Behemoths. They move very slowly and have two turbolasers slung underneath their "heads". They can carry a battalion of troops or a few ATSTs in the hold.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

They are very powerfull but they are not "the" ultimate weapon (something like: who gets his AT-AT first wins). Indeed structures can take a lot of damage and AT-AT are used against infantry and tanks not vs buildings ;)

(they destroy rebel tanks with a few shots)

Wouldn't that be anti-canon, though? In The Empire Strikes Back, Veers' AT-AT knocks out the Rebel shield generator in one go.

Bah, ah well. I'll just use one of those TibED type editors that is sure to come out, and I'll edit the walker's lasers to be able to smash buildings. :?:cry:

What is good for destroying buildings, anyway? Only artillery? Does this mean that the Imps have to lug artillery around wherever they go? :?

Artillery is very good versus buildings but AT-ATs are also. Turrets for xample only stand few hits from an AT-AT. Larger buildings always took long to destroy but the AT-ATs did not seem to do very much damage on them.

In fact you have to think on that Petro has to balance the units. If the AT-AT would destroy turrets, infantry, vehicles and buildings with ease it would be what RTS gamers call "imba"...