Games Convention video is up!

Little.B

So, finally my small video is up. I cut out the background sound and put some Star Wars music under it to give it some flair. It does not show this much of the game but I hope you can get a glance at it.

The download can be found here:

http://www.pexgames.com/filebase/?act=file_info&id=30364

If you want to mirror the file please contact me at: littleb@pexsus.com and wait for permission. Thanks!

Server seems to be very busy :o

I had to wait about 15 minutes - now I've got 20kb/s downloadspeed...

I've offered him to mirror the file on our server - I'll edit my post and add the link in case he'll allow that.

admin von united-forum.de

There can be no triumph without loss, no victory without suffering, and no freedom without sacrifice.

5 minutes untill it finally finishes downloading.

EDIT: WAS THAT TITLE SCROLL NECESSARY? :evil:

What was going on when the block of fighter boxes appeared?

The fighter attacking looked intense....

I felt sorry for the ppor Mon Calamari ship :lol:

I assume the AT-AT walking was speeded up?

What were the Airspeeders doing when they rested on the ground?

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

1min left - enough time for a warm welcome for our newest member FiX.

Welcome.

edit: very cool video

loved the fighter part and the great camera movement about 4min in the movie

space fights look a bit confusing i think - those masses of little fighters speeding around - zooming out will help i quess - then we'll only the the symbols anymore and can concentrate on fighting. But it definitely looks great so far. Even better if you concider it will be released feb 06... ea would present the game now as final *eg*

I've offered him to mirror the file on our server - I'll edit my post and add the link in case he'll allow that.

Yes you are as long as the archive keeps as it has been :)

EDIT: WAS THAT TITLE SCROLL NECESSARY? Evil or Very Mad

What was going on when the block of fighter boxes appeared?

The fighter attacking looked intense....

I felt sorry for the ppor Mon Calamari ship Laughing

I assume the AT-AT walking was speeded up?

What were the Airspeeders doing when they rested on the ground?

- Yes it was :P

- mmhh... which time? (fighter boxes)

- Ground Battles seemed to run at double speed but I cant tell that for sure

- They only rest on the ground when they are dropped by the transports. Once you give them the first movement command they will start flying around until they are shot down

Drag and drop drag and drop. Btw when ships and units are done building you drag them to a place and they go there ? Lol.

I found that weird how ships went to the place you tell them to go like semi hyper.

Also Ties outside of Star Destroyers ? Give me a break.

The video you had music with rocked but the one without sucked.

ok, downloadmirror availible now download

I like the video cause it gives a nice glance at the stress you will have when fighting in space (2392032 units per cm²).

admin von united-forum.de

There can be no triumph without loss, no victory without suffering, and no freedom without sacrifice.

I think it looked confusing mainly because it was an Alpha, and it was a skirmish. From what Little B said, in campaigns you won't have to worry about unit production in the midst of battle because it will all be done on the Galaxy Map.

Again, I think the TIEs outside of the ISDs were from the station due to it being an Alpha skirmish. Since this is a skirmish, I'd assume that you are manufacturing them in the midst of space, and since this was an Alpha without the Galaxy Map, it seems there would be no other place to build them.

The graphics, I'm sure, looked confusing because it was taken from a shaky videocamera. From all accounts we've heard, the graphics are like twice as good as some of the in-game footage (the drool-inducing ones) we saw a while ago, and like Generals times 25!

Now, the criticism, which I'd like to hope that Junker or Little B could correct:

- Obi Wan's lightsaber motions still seemed a little awkward.

- What were those fighters doing? In the first scene, while that whole shitload of ISDs was pumelling that Starbase, you could see a whole bunch of fighter groups (with blue and red squares) just standing there. What was that all about? Just Alpha weirdness?

- The cinematic camera seemed a little jittery, and a little too fast. I'm sure that the jitteriness was caused by the hand-held camera, but the speed (at least when you were seeing X-Wings zooming all over the place) in some of those scenes was a little too...jerky and non-fluid.

If anyone is having problems downloading, or cant wait, i have uploaded it to view over at www.empireatwar.net trailer section

DMUK

The Lucasfan Network

www.lfnetwork.com

Empire At War - the new RTS

www.empireatwar.net

Star Wars Battlefront. Real online SW gaming

www.swbattlefront.net

Creative? Show off your creations at the only officially endorsed Lucasarts Mod/download site

www.lucasfiles.com

Live The Saga: Star Wars Galaxies

www.swgalaxies.net

Poor graphics and the Ships look like they have been hit by paint bombs.

Huh? Have you seen some of the other captured screenshots? The only reason this video looks all sploodgy is because it was a low-quality and shaky video camera that was recording it. Every account I keep hearing from keeps saying that EaW's graphics keep improving with each incarnation. As for the color-coding, I think it's been implied that that is only a multiplayer thing, to distinguish different players.

Another question, Little B: you say that ground battles inherently run at double speed? Can you toggle battle speed? I would assume you could. Are ground battles inherently at a different speed than space battles? Is it possible to allocate different speeds for ground and space, or would you have to manually change it for each battle if you were switching between ground and space?

If anyone is having problems downloading, or cant wait, i have uploaded it to view over at www.empireatwar.net trailer section

DMUK

Oh nice to see you, did you resize screenies on your website ? Why are they so Ugly ?

About the video, It'ss very interesting to see how it's moving. But I'm afraid about the tracking camera, do you feel that, with fighters, it's not very organized and so we can't follow the action ?

- Obi Wan's lightsaber motions still seemed a little awkward.

- What were those fighters doing? In the first scene, while that whole shitload of ISDs was pumelling that Starbase, you could see a whole bunch of fighter groups (with blue and red squares) just standing there. What was that all about? Just Alpha weirdness?

- The cinematic camera seemed a little jittery, and a little too fast. I'm sure that the jitteriness was caused by the hand-held camera, but the speed (at least when you were seeing X-Wings zooming all over the place) in some of those scenes was a little too...jerky and non-fluid.

- Yes it is

- When fighter squads go into melee combat the squad icons align in a square so you can always see how much of your squads and how much enemy squads are fighting (also the health status of the squads). We can all see how fast the melee combats are and this helps you in a great way to see if you can defeat the enemy (in numbers).

- The cinematic camera works great with larger capital ships but when it comes to starfighter combat it is somewhat strange. I think the camera has problems following the fast fighters and it seemed as if it could not decide on which fighter it wants to have the focus on. But I think this is is an issue on which Petro is working.

Another question, Little B: you say that ground battles inherently run at double speed? Can you toggle battle speed? I would assume you could. Are ground battles inherently at a different speed than space battles? Is it possible to allocate different speeds for ground and space, or would you have to manually change it for each battle if you were switching between ground and space?

It seemed so but there is no proof for that. Im quiet sure that you wil be able to set a game speed at the beginning of a skirmish (also no proof for that) but I dont know if there will be something like a "fast forward" command for the campaign.

:arrow: I've taken the file from .net - thanks DarthMaulUK :)

:arrow: Remember to add the other german video file also in the database and add the size to all.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Also: did the AT-ATs seem to have firepower that was...lacking? I don't think that anything should be able to survive the combined firepower of 3 AT-ATs at close range, yet that structure that was highlighted was barely getting any damage.

edit: message from before sounded stupid

Well if 1 AT-AT can destroy a vehicle and building and couple turrets in less then 5 min then AT-AT's should destroy things that fast and it has a weakness as in turrets, Snow Speeder and air. Also build a little hole to destroy it and/or set up land mines :roll: