Playing a multiplayer grand strategy game of Star Wars

Beingofone

I posted in another thread about the scenarios that are available w/ civ2.It started me thinking.Why not play a 6 player scenario by posting here[PBEM].This would not only allow us to play a game but also generate ideas for a platform for Rebellion 2.

For those of you who are not a fan of civ2,I can assure you the game has morphed even more than Rebellion.This would allow us to play something very close to Rebellion-only with 6 players 8) .The only drawback to the game is that it is turned base-but this is perfect for PBEM.

The storyline is an alternate universe Star Wars-for the scenario I would recommend.It is call Star Wars Insurrection.It begins just before a new hope.There are lots of really cool event triggered story twists.The one thing I didnt like was that he split the Empire in two [there was an attempted coup]-but the benefit of that is that 2 people will play the Empire. If there is enough interest I will host the game.I will play the last faction not picked.So post your choice.

-1.The Rebel Alliance-Bail Organa

-2.Galactic Empire-you know who :twisted:

-3.Second Imperium-Admiral Zaarin

-4.Unalligned Planets-cooridnated by the Borsk Feylay

-5.Corporate Sector Authority-Niles Ferrier

-6.Pirate Union-Jabba De Hutt-ho ho ho

There is a 7th player controlled by the ai-just to spice it up,they are the pacifist planets.

my e-mail is

http://kenelder71@hotmail.com

P.S.-I dont want to tell you anymore than that-it would ruin the unfolding :wink:

The turn order

1st-Unalligned Planets

2nd-Second Imperium

3rd-AI Pacifists

4th-Pirate Union

5th-Rebel Alliance-Scathane

6th-Galactic Empire-Lord_La_forge

7th-Corporate Sector Authority

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65840&pagenumber=1 -this is the PBEM guide,the only difference is we e-mail our turns to the next player.Please post here when you play your turn w/ any events that are triggered.The other players must also be aware of the events please.

House rules

1-no removing of other players passwords-I dont think this will happen here but it has happened to me.

2-you have 72 hours to post your turn-after that any player may issue a *BUMP*-giving you another 24 hours.If you still have not posted and e-mailed your turn ,well the A.I. plays your turn[the game must go on].

3-NO adjusting rules,events or any files in the scenario-we play it as is.

Again I dont think that is going to happen here but I just wanted to be crystal clear.

Edited by Beingofone

"I dont believe it"

That, is why you fail"

By the way.Before you make a decision not to play.At least download the scenario and look at the html files.This will give you a clear overview of the game.It will also show you some of the graphics.If you decide you dont like it after seeing these,just delete the scenario from your hard drive. http://www.civfanatics.com/civ2scensci.shtml

For those of you who have Civ2 and not the multiplayer version,go here. http://hometown.aol.com/cedricgreene/

Please dont misunderstand me.I am not saying that this could take the place of Rebellion .This is just a really cool way to explore ideas for a multiplayer game of Rebellion and have a blast doing it.

Edited by Beingofone

"I dont believe it"

That, is why you fail"

Sounds really cool actually, but I don't have Civ2. Sorry. :(

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Hopefully we can get 1 more.Thats all we need to play Scathane.The AI can play the rest.If someone wants to join later they can jump in where the Ai has played up to that point.

"I dont believe it"

That, is why you fail"

:arrow: I have Civ2.

:!: And I already made a SW mod for it. I replaced the sea to space and made island for "planets". I used pics from Rebellion to replace the ships. I made fighters and capital ships to. All went ok with it. Let me say, I was an "expert" in editing that game. But there were some problems with it, that I could not fix. ( Rebel freighters wanted to make a deal with me. They gived me the secret of Mon Calamari building. Or my agents simply stole it, and so on..) It was frustrating. It's VERY difficult to make a space strategy game of it. Belive me

I have Civ2.

And I already made a SW mod for it. I replaced the sea to space and made island for "planets". I used pics from Rebellion to replace the ships. I made fighters and capital ships to. All went ok with it. Let me say, I was an "expert" in editing that game. But there were some problems with it, that I could not fix. ( Rebel freighters wanted to make a deal with me. They gived me the secret of Mon Calamari building. Or my agents simply stole it, and so on..) It was frustrating. It's VERY difficult to make a space strategy game of it. Belive me

I am also good at editing the game Lord_La_forge.

1.ai dealmaking-I am wanting a human player game for the factions that have the important tech.So the ai cannot just give it to you.

2.You can fix the game so there is no negotiating at all if you want.

3.If you dont want certain techs tradeable-you can also do that.

4.You can set the game so agents cant steal tech if you want.

I suggest you check out the scenario I am trying to put together-then make a decision when you have seen all the facts.

I appreciate the time you gave for the comment sir.

"I dont believe it"

That, is why you fail"

Impressed by the knowledge I am. Hope that you will have fun I do. Unable am I top join in though. :(:)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Hmmmmmmm

I think I'm getting interested. I'm not sure, possible that I have deleted that mod long time ago. I'll try to find it!

What's is the BEST site of Civ2 editing currently?

http://www.civfanatics.comTo the honorable Lord_La_forge.This is probably the #1 site for editing info,as well as really cool user created scenarios.Check in the downloads section for Civ 2.An expert like you would be welcome.

To ElvisMiggell-Sorry you cant play w/ us dude.You would add alot to the game.Keep in mind you only have to do a 30 minute turn once every 5-6 days.http://www.apolyton.netAnother really cool Civ site.

"I dont believe it"

That, is why you fail"

I remember now! I was on this site couple of years ago, when I made my own MOD. Wow, it's still very active. There are some SW mods already uploaded here...

Is CIV III bether than CIV II?

I remember now! I was on this site couple of years ago, when I made my own MOD. Wow, it's still very active. There are some SW mods already uploaded here...

Is CIV III bether than CIV II?

Its really a matter of opinion.I prefer Civ2.Civ3 offers 15 civilizations,but the military aspects are inferior to Civ 2.An entrenched archer can take out an armored unit in Civ 3 :roll: .Civ 2 stays within the parameters of reality.

If you like Star Trek check out the Dominion Wars-really good.

the scenario we should play I think is called Star Wars Insurrection.Unless you see a scenario that looks better Lord_La_forge.

"I dont believe it"

That, is why you fail"

Yeah, I have Civ 3. It's ok I guess, never really enjoyed it that much.

Indeed it is, it still sells well these days.

Time to ante up-who is gonna play?You guys get 1st choice,Ill take the one not picked by anyone else.This doesnt have to be a marathon.Remember you only have to do a turn once every 5-7 days-and that only takes 30 minutes.

If you dont know the game that well thats ok-buy the 5th turn or so you will :lol: .SO WHO WANTS DIBS ON PALPATINE ?

"I dont believe it"

That, is why you fail"

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65840&pagenumber=1

here is a guide for PBEM. We probably should start a thread just for this game.What area should we post in?When the 1st player finishes the turn,just e-mail the saved file to the next player,since there is no place to post it here. Then post a summary of your turn-so everyone knows who's turn it is and the progress of the game.

"I dont believe it"

That, is why you fail"