Space Station defences...

Vader89

I didnt notice that. I thought they said you wouldnt be able to create units in the middle of a battle. :roll:

And cont forget to see the units sizes. You can hardly spot the X-Wings (only by icons) and on the lower right corner you can spot a Corellian Corvette which is a dwarf in comparison to the station which is only Tier 1 (there are up to five Tiers(Upgrades) you can do to your space station) and with each upgrade your station gets bigger and stronger.

Just thought everyone should be able to see it. Plus the image shows that ships can get a power boost from the starbases. Not only can they fire they can also boost the effectiveness of the fleets around it. Imagine what an Ackbar or Antilles equipped station would mean?? 50% better accuracy?? Ability to do special moves like "Talon Strike", the Ackbar Slash and the A-wing slash??
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

I thought i my eyes were tricking me when i saw that tiny little corvette and the fighters were like specks. That Space Staion is huge. Thanks fosh BTW for putting the pic up here for all to see, i didnt know it boosted stats. Thanks! :D

The space station looks like our research hub. Prolly more research as we make our Space station even bigger.

[why do the ships and stations look to bright and reflective as if 200 suns were beaming in on them ]

actualy for that they would be a melt or vaporized mess.

i imagain they are so shiny to make them able to be seen well by us maybe . hehe

can't wait to do pitched battle in a sprawling orbital shipyard area, with huge space stations and lots and lots of ships... I wonder if the supershipyard/super training facility strategies from SWR will work here...
INTENSIFY FORWARD FIREPOWER!!!

on the pic we see on the left down side the minimap

what do youn think will bee the hell blue area on it? asteroid fields?

Why is English one of the most speaken languages? German is more better, it sounds better and i did unterstandt it ^^ but for you i will spoke english too, not good but you should unterstand me ^^

"Der Preis der Freiheit, ist ewige Wachsamkeit" Col. Blair Herz des Tigers

Yes asteroid field and some kind of weird "storm" which damages ships which are flying through. As it seemed (we did not test this extensively) rebel ships get less damage when flying through that storm. Once I send a SD right through it and when he was out his shields were damaged. Later we sent a Mon Cal through it and he left the storm without damage. (But could also just be a bug ;))

They may be taking the whole asteroid damage idea from episode 5. The imperial commanders and pilots tried to just bull their way through and shoot any asteroids in the way. Plus the tie fighters all ran into asteroids and blew up. Maybe petro is having the the rebels be better flyers by not taking as much damage. This also could introduce interesting tactics to be used by the rebels, such as going through an asteroid field to make the imperials follow you so they'll take damage (more than you take) before having to duke it out.

Hmm..what planet were your ships in orbit of? Hoth? I assume, since it had an asteroid belt so close.

I guess geonosis will also have a lot of asteroids in orbit.

250th post :D

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

When you looked over the space station there was a component (next to turret, missile launchers, etc) which was called "Hangar Bay" (which had no use in the alpha). So I assume that you can station fighters in the space station but I cant tell you for sure.

Again, it seems like the ability to train and upgrade units in the midst of battle is only a skirmish thing, which I guess I can see the point of. Otherwise, the Galaxy Map would have no relevance in the campaign mode.

Though personally, I think it would be much more fun if you could simply select the units you wanted to use before each battle started. Sort of like R: TW, where the only limit was a 20 unit cap per side, and a certain ceiling of funding that you could not exceed. So, for example, if you set it to a $10,000 ceiling, and 5 Praetorian Cohorts costed $10,500, you could only have 4 Praetorian Cohorts in your army.

Ah well. The only nervousness I'm having about this whole unit production/upgrade thing during battles is the fact that unless Petroglyph does indeed treat this like a skirmish, it would completely negate the Galaxy Map during campaigns.

Wow, space stations are wicked! I'd love to see what a Lvl 5 would be capable of. Did they have any weaknessness, like would fighters have a slight advantage? But they're so small, it'd probably take forever to pick a station appart.. Oh, and as long as a space station is there, is it capeable of stoping ships from landing on the planet? Like say, if your fleet is gone, and the enemy fleet is there, but your space station is still up, would they be able to land? Or do they have to blow up the station. I also saw some smaller weapon platforms in those new vids. Are they a first step to building a station, or are they just part of what u can choose to buildin system?

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg