What to do

Bigedmond

What should i do  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What should i do

• Upgrade to New computer
    • Upgrade current system

Ok, next month i am getting married, so once that is over, i get to spend my money again. WOOT WOOT.

Since i cant decided, im gonna give you guys a chance to decided for me. My current home rig is:

intel p4 prescott 3.2 gig processor

Chaintech 9cjs Zenith mobo w/ onboard 7.1 sound

2 gigs of pc 2700 ram

9500 pro

about 650 gigs of hard drive space

I am thinking about either

1. building a new gaming rig, or 2. upgrade what i have now.

Possible upgrade.

Since the prescott core intel chip runs HOTTT, and i mean hot. currently, no load, running 45 degrees c. thats low for a prescott.

Go to water cooling for the heat pipe. CPU, Northbridge chipset, and Vid card.

Ugrade ram to 4 sticks of pc 3200 1 gig sticks.

Switch to an ATI x850 xt Platinum 256mb, AGP version.

Possible new computer

DFI lanparty 4 with pci-x

AMD 64 fx 57

Nvidia 6800 gt ultra 256 mb version

2 gigs ddr2

soundblaster Audigy 4 pro

4 300 gig sata hard drives

water cooling for CPU, Chipset, and Vid card

Like a fat kid playing dodge ball, im out

Congrats on getting married man! :D As for the comp, it sounds like it's almost top of the line, i wish i had a get up like that. So i say, if it ain't broke, don't fix, upgrade :lol:

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

I'm having this same debate... Un-fortantly for me the situatuion is a bit political. My parents bought me a store-bought computer (read: mediocre at best) for college instead of getting one of their own, so I can't see them being to happy with me if I bought another one a year later.

I would give my congrats, but the last two people I said that to for getting married ended up getting a divorce (I'm not kidding either) so I'll hold off.

Guest JediIgor

Holy smokes, that computer is going to cost a bundle!! Why in the world would you need 4x300 GB, are you doing RAID 0+1? That's the only good reason I can think of :shock:.

However, if you are going to spend all out, skip the 6800 and get a 7800 :wink:

Maybe he's trying to run Warlords without any lag... :lol:

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

I'm still using a 1.6 ghz Pentium IV with 80GBs of Hard Drive Space and 512mb of RAM. With a Geforce 4 it works fine with most games. The only game I've got that pushes the computer to the edge is HW2: Star Wars: Warlords.

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Wow, i dunno which i would pick both sound awesome. A lot better than what im running on. I would say upgrade what needs fixin. Good luck and congrats on getting married! :)

Well, i will be sticking with an ATi card if i upgrade. Only because Intel processors get along better with ATI cards, and AMD processors get along better with Nvidia cards.

I dont have specific proof of that, but everyone i know has better performance with that kind of setup.

Are you going to get the New ATI Radeon R520 Card?? It comes out in the Autumn and is a dual slot. It runs at 700MHZor MORE!!!. It was delayed because of the tweaks done to make it better than the 7800GTX. May change the preferenc then.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

I get paid to play computer games. I call that GOD like

Most people would call me lucky, since im gonna be married and still ablet ot touch my PC. But if you think im a nerd, fine.

Come on i think he can handle being called an idiot. Look at your info, Location: Las Vegas, Avatar a (pretty cool) LEC logo and last but not least total posts 27 yet your a "Quality Jedi Guardian" Come on, i think he could put 2 and 2 together. Congrats on the wedding, btw.

Come on i think he can handle being called an idiot. Look at your info, Location: Las Vegas, Avatar a (pretty cool) LEC logo and last but not least total posts 27 yet your a "Quality Jedi Guardian" Come on, i think he could put 2 and 2 together. Congrats on the wedding, btw.

not to mention, in my profile, it says my occuption is quality assurance.

I am but a guest of these forums, so if you feel he can handle it, then he can.

oh, your paid to play video games!

in that case accpet my apologies even if they're spelled wrong :wink:

you don't have to awnser but how much are you paid to play?

gg on the wedding dude now we fast forward......

RELEASE OF EaW

bigemond: you know honey,i know i know, i didnt get you a wedding ring but here is something better

BD wife: what is it?

BD: its....EaW!!!!

Bd wife : ooohh thank you honey i love it! *smoooch* time to kick your butt and throw it on the floor by beatin it before you do bwahahahahaha :twisted: (not implying your wife to be if twisted or evil in any way)

seriously, if you are in the gaming industry, i bet you marry a gamer at least thats why i think (again if she isnt a gamer,well this rreply has been a waste :( )

I've have you now - Lord Vader

gg on the wedding dude now we fast forward......

RELEASE OF EaW

bigemond: you know honey,i know i know, i didnt get you a wedding ring but here is something better

BD wife: what is it?

BD: its....EaW!!!!

Bd wife : ooohh thank you honey i love it! *smoooch* time to kick your butt and throw it on the floor by beatin it before you do bwahahahahaha :twisted: (not implying your wife to be if twisted or evil in any way)

seriously, if you are in the gaming industry, i bet you marry a gamer at least thats why i think (again if she isnt a gamer,well this rreply has been a waste :( )

Oh i hope for your sake she doesn't mind video games cause could you imagine the nagging?

Wife: What are you doing?

You: Work.

Wife: Thats not work thats that dumb game again! Take out the trash! (other nagging wife things)...

If hope she can tolerate or even like video games for your sake. If not you may need to finsd another occupation! Lol! :D