Liked the movies/game concept?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Liked the movies/game concept?

• No
    • Yes

Anybody who feels like being blown away better check out these two sneak peaks:

http://www.fileplanet.com/155897/150000/fileinfo/Project-Offset-Sneak-Peek-#1

http://www.fileplanet.com/155897/150000/fileinfo/Project-Offset-Sneak-Peek-#2

And while you watch, keep in mind that this game is being made by a grand total of THREE people... Website is here, http://www.projectoffset.com, where they have alternate download mirrors incase you don't like FilePlanet.

I just about crapped myself when I watched these, it just looks revolutionary!

Admiral Cotla Charre

Imperial Navy

WHAT :| To many people inline. I'll download sneak peak 2 and tell you what I think.

From the description and screenshots it looks like a good game :) the video needs 57 min left to download then i'll be able to judge more.

Anybody ever play Savage? It was the first RTS-RPG hybrid. You shot with a bow in that game, and it was pretty deadly, and then you switched out to 3rd person mode for melee combat. All the while you would elect a player to play an RTS game, who controlled base-building, research, and assaults/defense.

I remember seeing this before... Besides the fact I find the term "Fantasy FPS" almost to be an oxymoron, I'm really tired of Tolkien-esque settings (aka: swords and dragons stuff.)

Personally, I don't think there are enough (if any) FPS's in the Tolkien-esque settings... Sure there's plenty of RPGs, but an FPS? You gotta give them credit for trying something that bold.

Admiral Cotla Charre

Imperial Navy

hehhe yeah, Just how much money has EA made on LotR games so far? And just how much money did the LotR movies pull in?! Hehe, you'd be a fool not to take advantage of the fantasy craze right now.. also, examine some of the top MMO's, EQ, EQ2, WoW, DaoC... the fantasy genre is alive and well!

Admiral Cotla Charre

Imperial Navy

Dont forget Guildwars :roll:

Those people who have imagination tend to like Fantasy games more or from what i've seen. This looks like a very great game better then what I played so far. First person while guildwars is 3rd person view.