Science fiction series

Guest Scathane

What's the best science fiction series ever?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best science fiction series ever?

• Star Trek
    • Babylon 5
    • Farscape
    • Space: Above and Beyond
    • Battlestar Galactica
    • Buck Rogers
    • Space: 1999
    • Blake's Seven
    • Other

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SWR Staff - Executive

I don't really watch TV much, but I must say I like the Voyager series of Star Trek.

Past that, the scifi I like includes:

* Star Wars - obviously

* Ender's universe (Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, etc) - just a great writer with incredible stories

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Guest Scathane

I was in doubt whether I should include all the different Star Trek series separately, but decided against it because it seemed unfair. You don't like any other Star Trek, Trej?

Personally, I think that The Next Generation and Voyager are pretty all right. I would like to have a SW television series, though... 8)

Didn't they do a Ewoks Star Wars thingy? Would that count?

Surely Bucky O'Hare is sci-fi?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Guest Scathane

You're right TK, I keep forgetting the Dune miniseries... It's just because they haven't aired here yet... Moreover, I didn't have any miniseries in mind when I created this poll...

An, NO, Buck O'Hare IS NOT considered scifi!!!

I don't like TNG that much, wasn't that entertaining, nor appealing. It lacked some humor, good humor not just stupid jokes in between. Voyager, well, after killing Mon Mothma Captain Janeway would be next... She and her stupid Vulcan. :evil: Haven't seen enough of Enterprise to form an opinion, and DS9 was ever doomed for failure.

SW series? perhpas like miniseries for some books, other as movies...

That ewoks thing and the droids series, they count more as a children show than sci-fi.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Scathane
I don't like TNG that much, wasn't that entertaining, nor appealing. It lacked some humor, good humor not just stupid jokes in between. Voyager, well, after killing Mon Mothma Captain Janeway would be next... She and her stupid Vulcan. :evil: Haven't seen enough of Enterprise to form an opinion, and DS9 was ever doomed for failure.

SW series? perhpas like miniseries for some books, other as movies...

That ewoks thing and the droids series, they count more as a children show than sci-fi.

Touched a sensitive spot there, haven't we, Trej?

*raising an eyebrow* It appears so. :lol::lol::lol:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

I would have to say that, from the list given, Star Trek is the best Sci-Fi series. I...............laugh....when.......IseeCaptainKirk :wink:

The best Sci-Fi novels though would have to be Star Wars and Dune.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Guest Scathane
I would have to say that, from the list given, Star Trek is the best Sci-Fi series.
Which would you add to the list?

Bucky O'Hare rocks!!!

What about Transformers?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

I would have to say that, from the list given, Star Trek is the best Sci-Fi series.
Which would you add to the list?

Probably the Dune Miniseries.

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Waht's Bucky O'Hare?

Bucky O'Hare is a green space traveling bunny who had his own cartoon some time back, I remember my brother watching it and thinking it was stupid.

But his ship was coool. And the Duck, OMG the Duck, it had four arms!!! And had 4 blaster pistols!!!

And the Froggy space ship toy thing with the grapplers.

Ahhhh, heady days my friends... :D

Guest Scathane

I'm sorry, Elvis... :( I must say that I agree with wormie: Bucky O'Hare was rather dorky..., which makes you.....

DORKY!!!

• 1 month later...
I voted for Star Trek, but what about Battlestar Galactica, it was on 4 or 5 years prime time Sunday night, you young people wouldn't know that.
The force is strong in my family. No, Luke, I am your father.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I voted for Star Trek, it was the best on the list after all. However something another posted about a possible SW Mini series. It would be great to have the Thrawn Trilogy TV MiniSeries. :D

Guest Scathane
I voted for Star Trek, but what about Battlestar Galactica, it was on 4 or 5 years prime time Sunday night, you young people wouldn't know that.
Are you that old, Bill?

Does anyone still remember UFO? 8O A real classical too with awful sfx and storyline :D I liked Galactica. It was great. The german tv RTL2 had it on program some years ago. But I think ST is the all time best..