Favorite X-Wing Novel

SOCL

Which is your favorite X-Wing novel?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite X-Wing novel?

• Rogue Squadron
    • Wedge's Gamble
    • The Krytos Trap
    • The Bacta War
    • Wraith Squadron
    • Isard's Revenge
    • Starfighters of Adumar
    • Never read any of them!
    • Iron Fist
    • Solo Command

Selling me in part to the piggys?

I sould put implants on all of you and sell you inparts. :twisted::twisted::twisted:

At last Elvis has come to save us from the Gamorreans, and I doubted that any hyperdrive capable ship that the Gamorreans may have have would have been useful.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elvis raises hands and bows head in not so humble appreciation of others' appreciation of his brillitastic amazingness! :P

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I think we'll have trouble getting wormie to leave gamorr they even had made a nice little hole for him to live as honorary member of Worrt's clan....
Poor wormie. :( I think it's time to activate some special operation units and prepare for a search and rescue operation for wormie. :wink:

Don't worry, wormie! We're coming to save you from Trej's evil nurses! :wink:

Bad day, SOCL?
You have no idea.

Speaking of novels (well, at least the topic is), I'm now on page 114 of Vector Prime and it is great! The only problem I have is that the author seems to try to get many thoughts down at once and, in my opinion, either clutters them or just makes them far to vague. A prime example, again IMO, is on page 90 and 91 of the paperback novel. I just thought that entire sequence could have A) been less cluttered and expanded on quite a bit to make it better or B) take it out. There are other examples (mostly at the beginning or end of different scenes and chapters), but that one stuck out most in my mind. I also think such sequences were extended to far and should have been cut-off far sooner than they were. For example, (I don't remember the page number), but there was a scene where Jacen and Anakin were sparring and then instead of ending where it should have (where Jacen leaves the room), it extends into a useless conversation between Han and Chewie that had absolutely no relation to the story and could have, should have been taken out. Well, that's my 2 cents worth on what I've read so far of Vector Prime. I guess my dislike over the over-extended scenes is my Zahn/Crichton-conditioned mind.

Guest Scathane

...my Zahn/Crichton-conditioned mind.
Isn't that Farscape?
Farscaped? :? The point to that was that I have mostly been reading books by Timothy Zahn and Michael Crichton (not all STAR WARS, obviously).
You don't know what Farscape is?

I know, and I wish I didn't. stupid little series...

Have you finished VP SOCL? It's a nice starting point for NJO. I like more Salvatore's work on the EP II novelization, though.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

You don't know what Farscape is?
Should I?

I know, and I wish I didn't. stupid little series...

Have you finished VP SOCL? It's a nice starting point for NJO. I like more Salvatore's work on the EP II novelization, though.

As a matter of fact I finished Vector Prime about an hour ago in record time (within five days . . . and, of course, not five days of 24-hour reading). It was good, but as I expressed before, I thought some of the scenes seemed rather . . . well, stupid. For example, the scene where Han and Chewie are flying through Lando's Folly in the TIE Bomber and all the stupid antics that surrounded that (their being scared and all the chaos, etc) just didn't have me in the STAR WARS mine-set because, in my opinion, they seemed out of character. Along with that, I was annoyed to find Solo still talking about his smuggler days and how he still had old friends. That just seemed completely wrong. By this novel, Han Solo has spent more days as a Rebel/Republican (for lack of better terminology) than he has a a smuggler! For the grace of everything that is good and right, how the hell would he keep old friends from that long ago when he doesn't even talk to them and probably hasn't seen them since before his final Kessel run. I could understand references to such in the Thrawn and Jedi Academy novels, they were closer to those times, but over two decades later? Please! It simply doesn't seem realistic! Yes, the novel was good, but I am quite bitter and sore about quite a few things in it.

By the way, I am now reading (starting today) Dark Tide I: Onslaught and am, already, almost a fourth of the way through the book. Looks like I'm going to have to make another book run soon.

So Salvatore wrote the AOTC novelization? Hmm...perhaps I'll buy a copy (even though anything before ANH doesn't interest me all that much...but that's the same thing I said recently about anything post-ROTJ, so we'll see...)

By the way, IMO, I do not think our discussion of the STAR WARS novel authors to be off-topic here since it directly relates to the X-Wing Series Novels. I hope that doesn't get me kicked out.

By the way, when does the Empire finally make an appearance in the NJO? I'm starving to finally read something about them!

No, SOCL, I'm not saying you should know Farscape, but it contains two characters... Zaan and Crichton... 8O
I see. Interesting. So what is Farscape?

What I meant by the Zahn-Crichton comment (if I haven't posted it yet) is that I've, lately, been reading a lot by Timothy Zahn and Michael Crichton.

Speaking of books, I--in record time (2 days)--finished Dark Tide I - Onslaught! It was great! I think it's Stackpole at his best and, in my personal opinion, much better than the X-Wing Novels he wrote. I just started Ruin and am VERY excited since, at last, we get a view at the Empire and one of my favorite characters of all time: Pellaeon! :D :D :D And as Grand Admiral, if I'm not mistaken! :D A very deserving rank for him! :D

Guest Scathane
Farscape's a science fiction series about a human astronaut who gets lost in another part of the galaxy... He earches for a way home whilst on a living ship with several escaped convicts...

Farscape's a science fiction series about a human astronaut who gets lost in another part of the galaxy... He earches for a way home whilst on a living ship with several escaped convicts...
Hmm . . . sounds quite intriguing. Who's the author?