U.S. 2008 Election

Darth_Rob

Who do you support to be the next President of the United States?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support to be the next President of the United States?

• Obama
    • Clinton
    • McCain
    • Rommney
    • Huckabee
    • Other (specify in post)

• SWR Staff - Executive

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being on the ticket as VP would probably split the Democratic Party rather severely, especially when a contingent of disgruntled Clinton supports saying they will vote for McCain before the vote for Obama--an unfortunate development for the Democratic Party, but I suppose quite good for the McCain campaign and the GOP. This isn't to say Clinton would be the right choice for the VP ticket--she has powerful friends and delegates--and the alternatives are weak politically, including John Edwards. I have the feeling that the ticket will be Obama and Clinton, but I think this "she is evil" bit Rob is saying is a little over the top, in the same way I don't buy this Bush and Cheney are intentionally evil bit. I wouldn't put it past one of these disgruntled Clinton supporters, though, going fanatic and maybe trying something stupid, but I have my doubts anything serious will happen. For that matter, I also wouldn't put it past one of these racists that I find in my face every day at work trying or at least wanting to do something, but again, I don't see this seriously happening, even just to the point of planning. Too much conspiracy theory and speculation surrounding all of this.

I'll tell you, though, there was an article in last weeks Newsweek magazine talking about blatant racism in the Secret Service. Now, personally, I don't trust any organization which has an abbreviation of SS for its name, but beyond that, this I find disturbing with the prospect of a having a Black/African-American President. That's a true threat.

I'm confused as to why anyone would bother to vote in these elections, to be honest, because the candidates don't seem to be campaigning on a platform of facts and solid policy; instead they mud-sling and instill fear in voters of what might happen if they vote for the opposition. Why are there so few statistics, facts and numbers? Sure these things can be manipulated, but they can also be factually refuted, but they serve to inform the voters rather than scare them. Oh wait, that's why: some don't want informed voters.

I was struck by Tex saying that if Obama were to be elected you should "prepare for the worst taxes & unemployment this country has ever seen since the Great Depression". Frankly you'll be in the same state of affairs no matter who you elect. The United States is sitting in a deficit of upwards of 3.5 trillion dollars, depending on which set of financial records you decide to look at, and how much information you include from those. (please avoid the "that's just the right/left media", because that doesn't fly) Think of that number for a moment. That means that even with a GDP of $13 Trillion the US is in the red, and will continue to dig deeper unless some technique of raising more money is found. So, if McCain is elected he will have to either take similar measures as Obama, or ignore the problem and watch Rome burn.

I get this impression that the people of America are becoming afraid to voice their criticism of their government for some reason. Oh, right, it's because their government can now punish them for it. I know this is a somewhat all encompassing post of a number of opinions, but the government is suppose to fear its people, not the other way around. Don't let elected officials and running candidates scare you into voting their way. Get off your ass, turn off Faux News, CNN, MSNBC or whatever other news outlet you're watching and go out and get some bloody facts, for goodness sakes.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

So finally the cat is out of the box. Hillary gave up.

Now the race is between McCain and Obama. From the european view that could be interesting. Although being a republican, McCain isn´t counted to the Bush-Pack and so I think that most europeans would feel ok with him being a possible president. What belongs to Obama, there´s a feeling that he could bring some kind of fresh air to the White House and the whole US american politics. Also the tandem with Edwards as vice-president is an interesting combination. Because it´s not known over here if they are connected in any kind of way to the oil or war industry. Are they? It hasn´t been covered in the media here.

Who cares at all?! :roll:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

What´s wrong? Nobody interested in the elections anymore? 8O:?

Interesting story of today:

McCains candidate for vice-presidency, Sarah Palin, an aleged hardcore conservative, against abortion, against teenagers having sex, against what not, hers 17 year old daughter is already pregnant. Well, you could state that thats the reason why Palin is against that teenagers have sex and all, but if you ask me that something already went wrong concerning education of her children. ;)

http://www.weilerzeitung.de/media/dpaNews/rgbprjo_18827890.onlineBild.jpg

And what´s that? She´s carrying a baby. Is it hers? So she is awaiting her second child??

No offense at all! Just wanted to state that all these politicians who want to appear so good and clean in public most times have their own problems with reality and honesty. You call that skelletons in the closet, right? :?

And what´s that? She´s carrying a baby. Is it hers? So she is awaiting her second child??

No offense at all! Just wanted to state that all these politicians who want to appear so good and clean in public most times have their own problems with reality and honesty. You call that skelletons in the closet, right? :?

That's her 4 month old sister she is carrying. Unless locking your kids up 24/7, at some point in time you have to let them make their own decisions. Think about all of the decisions you made as a teenager; would you make all of the exact same decisions today? (hindsight is 20/20).

It's only called a "skeleton in the closet" if you actively try and hide/manipulate the facts so it won't be seen by the public, and then get caught. As far as I know, Sarah Palin hasn't tried to hide anything. The flamin' left liberals must really be nervous if they have to resort to attacking a 17 year old girl. They'll do anything to try and make something seem bad, so you won't elect her. Sarah Palin actually has more experience than Obama, and she's only running for VP. There are only 50 Governors in the US, and they "run" their states like mini countries (that's called execuative experience). There are 100 Senators and 435 Congressmen, and all they do is "make" and debate laws. There is no experience actually running anything, they just agree or disagree on what bill should be passed or not.

I might actually vote for McCain, and it will only be because of her (his VP pick).

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Woah, there, Tex- Obama has specifically stated that he is not allowing any of his sanctioned campaigners to attack that girl. He's made it very clear that family members are off-limits, and has reminded the press that he was born to an eighteen-year-old mother. While Palin has more Executive experience than Obama, she only has one year as governor of Alaska, I believe. Compared to Obama's two years in the Senate, I rank them roughly equal.

Quite frankly, I take McCain's VP choice very seriously; the guy's pushing eighty. I don't care how great our medical system is- I have a feeling he's going to die in office. Stress, old age, failing health, cancer, etc. I'm still looking up info on Palin, so I've not passed judgement on her yet, but she's very important in my decision-making. I won't be able to vote, but you can bet your bottom dollar I'm going to be trying to influence eighteen-year-old apathetic friends in their voting.

So far as the daughter thing goes, I agree with you: We shouldn't judge Palin on it. A certain amount of how a child behaves is the result of the parent, but a much larger part is the result of the kid. She's seventeen, she's inclined to be rebellious, and all of the details of her pregnancy aren't know. I mean, don't get me wrong- I say that we should definitely have better sex-ed than that abstinence-only batch of scare tactics, or the abstinence-free safe sex education- but I don't think that we can judge a woman on her very-nearly-grown daughter's actions.

People who claim that a mother who can't control her own daughter's thighs will fail to control the country effectively are the equivalent of someone trying to predict Michael Jordan's golf scores based on his basketball records. The two have some relation to one another, but not much at all.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I guess Im happy with McCain's choice. I was unsure who he was going to elect, and she seems pretty decent. As Tofu said, I have yet to dig up more information on her, since I never heard of her before now. The only thing I heard about is that she supports additional drilling up in Alaska, and Im not sure how I feel about that.

But anywho, my vote will be going to McCain.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

• SWR Staff - Executive
she supports additional drilling up in Alaska

Considering she's the governor from Alaska... I would say most Alaskans would support the drilling. It would give people income where they wouldn't get anything from the environment otherwise (besides fishing)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

she supports additional drilling up in Alaska

Considering she's the governor from Alaska... I would say most Alaskans would support the drilling. It would give people income where they wouldn't get anything from the environment otherwise (besides fishing)

Thats what I figured when I saw that she supported it. I guess I have a soft spot for the environment in some respects, and I dont know if I like the idea of tearing up the tundra up there. But as you said, its probably for the best. The people up there have a hard enough time as it is.

My Website

While Palin has more Executive experience than Obama, she only has one year as governor of Alaska, I believe. Compared to Obama's two years in the Senate, I rank them roughly equal.

Quite frankly, I take McCain's VP choice very seriously; the guy's pushing eighty.

Palin went into office approximately four months after Obama. Executive experience in my book is premium experience, like comparing gold to bronze.

McCain just turned 72 last Friday (Aug 29), and looks in pretty good health (even in my opinion).

As for ANWR, just a couple of thumbnails:

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/9894/anwrtousmappn7.th.jpg

ANWR is quite large, almost the size of Wisconsin!

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/4346/anwrrm2.th.jpg

1/100th of 1% of the total acreage for drilling.

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/1950/anwrdrillingsitedo1.th.jpg

The drilling site is in the northern "costal" region. So much for pristine mountains and valleys loaded with caribou and wildlife. In the summertime, it's basically a giant "swamp" (Tofu might relate) and in winter ... totally frozen over; flat and white (and of course, extremely cold & windy).

I'd rather give oil $ to Alaskans than Arabs any day. If someone really wants to make a change, build nuclear power plants to generate electricity, and city commuters can drive electric vehicles. That'll put a big dent in oil usage.

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I'd rather give oil $ to Alaskans than Arabs any day. If someone really wants to make a change, build nuclear power plants to generate electricity, and city commuters can drive electric vehicles. That'll put a big dent in oil usage.

I second that!

But guys, dont get me wrong here! I dont support any kind of political campaign which misuses Palins daughter! Its all about Palin herself and her credibility. Its also not important what her husband did in the past. If you are against sex edjucation than you have to make sure that you dont have an example of the worst case in your own family! If that girl and her lover would have had a proper sex-edjucation in school they would have made sure that they used condoms. The girl wouldnt have become pregnant and her boyfriend and her mother wouldnt have a problem now at all. We live do live now in the 2000s and not in the 1950s anymore!

I know that you guys stick to some parties like some do stick to their favorite football-team. But this is whole another game. Representing an european view of american politics I only can say that the last eight years were a complete desaster! With the actions of the current Bush administration who behaved like an elephant in the store the whole world politics has been pulled down or brought at least into a stagnation. The US itself developed from a leading nation which always was a kind of idol in the eyes of other states and a prefered land to live into a nationalistic bunch of flag carriers who dont mind if others rights of freedom and speech are heavily violated just because someone calls him a "terrorist" without any evidence. Where torture is practised systematically and people vanish somewhere in hidden camps for a long long time without a fair trial. Heck! If I do read that again I could asume I do tell something about Russia, China or any state of the middle east, but no, its about the US of A!

All the abuse of power, violation of rights and freedom, provocations against other countries has to stop or the whole world willl soon run into a total desaster and this time you propably wont stay outside as a spectator while the chaos is going on somewhere else in the world.

The US has to return to the diplomacy again and Im glad that the first steps already have been made if they have been meant honest. War should always be just the very last answer to a conflict. The weapons did the talking much too soon in the past and the soldiers of our all countries will still have to pay the price in the next decade. There was too much wrongs and too less rights in the daily politics and some leading members of your government seemed to have not always the best interest for its citizens in mind. You also have to ask yourself if its really helpful to rely on oil until the last drop has been pumped out of the guts of this world or if it wouldnt be better to finally force those multi-trillion dollar companies to spend their oil dollars into research for alternative powers. Some could already be in use if the whole technology wouldnt have been successfully supressed in the past till today.

You also have to ask yourself if people who want to teach your kids about that there were no dinosaurs and such kind of crap really should be trusted. You cant on one hand damn organisations like Scientology, for good reasons btw, and on the other tolerate some fundamental christians who try to take over your school system and teaching their disbelieves to your children.

No, there went too much wrong in the last eight years and like mentioned it would be bad enough if it all stayed in the US. But the USA still a leading country does unfortunately still influence some of our "special guys" :roll: in politics and economics. Your country is a powerful land and calls itself a "leading nation" thus it has to step forward and being a good example for all other states which do follow you. Continuity of those last eight years wouldnt be helpful at all! And dont let your decissions in this election just depend on which party you do vote for or if it has to be a woman or a man. I can tell you, we have a woman as chancelor and she wasnt the best choice at all thats for sure. As popular the idea may be to have a woman at the top of the administration. It shouldnt matter if male, female, black or white! Ask who has the best program for your country and so for the whole world. With your vote you are responsible for the actions of your country in the next coming years. If thats too much to handle for you than do it like George Carlin: F**k Vote!

Eagle: It's spelled "education." I know that seems kinda weird, considering the pronunciation, but that's still how it's spelled. I'm not chastising you or anything, I'm just letting you know.

Nuclear power... say, didn't Obama advocate adopting the cookie-cutter nuclear power plant idea? :P

Do far as that Executive vs. Legislative stuff goes- Where's McCain's executive experience? For that matter, where's the executive experience of most of our former Presidents? Governors of individual States, yes, they had Executive experience, but many of them came straight out of the House or Senate, with nothing but legislative experience. Hell- we elected Carter and Reagan on the platforms of "We have little to no experience!" Some of the Executive "add-ons" that these governors give- such as "I balanced the budget in my State!" are silly; you have to balance the budget in your State. There's no other way to do it, and 49 other Governors managed it, too. :roll: (That's a shoutout against both Clinton and Palin for using that line, BTW)

McCain's only seventy-three... I could've sworn that I remembered hearing that he was announcing his VP pick on his 77th birthday for some reason. *Shrug* Guess I misheard. All the same, McCain is quite old, and he's had health problems in the past. The office of the President of the United States has been known to negatively impact a fellow's health, and in McCain's case, I'm inclined to believe it could result in his death.

12/14/07

If you are against sex edjucation than you have to make sure that you dont have an example of the worst case in your own family!

It's called "free will", and everyone has it. I don't think there's one kid in all of history that has done EVERYTHING their parents have told them. It's a non-issue.

Representing an european view of american politics I only can say that the last eight years were a complete desaster! With the actions of the current Bush administration who behaved like an elephant in the store the whole world politics has been pulled down or brought at least into a stagnation. The US itself developed from a leading nation which always was a kind of idol in the eyes of other states and a prefered land to live into a nationalistic bunch of flag carriers who dont mind if others rights of freedom and speech are heavily violated just because someone calls him a "terrorist" without any evidence. Where torture is practised systematically and people vanish somewhere in hidden camps for a long long time without a fair trial. Heck! If I do read that again I could asume I do tell something about Russia, China or any state of the middle east, but no, its about the US of A!

All the abuse of power, violation of rights and freedom, provocations against other countries has to stop or the whole world willl soon run into a total desaster and this time you propably wont stay outside as a spectator while the chaos is going on somewhere else in the world.

I totally disagree. The US economy has been its best in years, the unemployment rate has been the lowest in 20+ years (as low as 4.5%, can Europe compare?). Apparently you disagree with the US invasion of Iraq. How many more sanctions from the UN do you think would have fixed the problem? One should have been enough, but approximately 18 and still no resolution? Oil-for-food was riddled with corruption! From the people "buying" the oil, to the Iraqi officials receing the money; Oh, and "some" food was actually given to the people. A bunch of "talk" did nothing, and it was time to put some "resolve" (action) to back up those sanctions. Captured soldiers in uniform receive POW status, and their treatment is spelled out by the Geneva Convention. In all wars prior to this, combatants fighting in non-uniform were shot. Detainees at Guantanamo, are treated like VIP's that would make any POW envious (ask anyone who was in the Hanoi Hilton). The liberal courts even want to give them US citizen rights! The US does not intentionally go about violating peoples rights (there are always individuals who break the rules), but fights for those who are denied their rights. Speak out against Saddam when he was in power, and see how long you remained free, even alive? Now Iraqi's can protest like crazy, but violence is never tolerated, anywhere in the world when protesting. Saddam used mustard gas (a WMD) against his own people, against the Iranians, and threatened others. He denied having the WMD's but wouldn't allow inspections. After moving, hiding, or whatever his WMD's he allowed limited inspections. And regardless how the liberal media down played it, WMD's were found! Chemical artillery shells and bombs, along with 500 tons of the infamous uranium "yellow cake". I believe a great evil has been removed from this planet, and is much safer now than ever.

The US has to return to the diplomacy again and Im glad that the first steps already have been made if they have been meant honest. War should always be just the very last answer to a conflict. The weapons did the talking much too soon in the past and the soldiers of our all countries will still have to pay the price in the next decade. There was too much wrongs and too less rights in the daily politics and some leading members of your government seemed to have not always the best interest for its citizens in mind. You also have to ask yourself if its really helpful to rely on oil until the last drop has been pumped out of the guts of this world or if it wouldnt be better to finally force those multi-trillion dollar companies to spend their oil dollars into research for alternative powers. Some could already be in use if the whole technology wouldnt have been successfully supressed in the past till today.

As mentioned before "diplomacy" has its limits. The US is a capitilistic society, therefore unless the US is a dictatorship it can NOT "force" companies to do anything, other than follow the laws. It's not the governments job to tell companies what to do with their profits. If the oil companies are making gobs of money, then they must be doing something right for the shareholders (that's why they invested in the company in the first place: to make money!). In case you don't know, the US gov't makes more money (from taxes) than the oil companies make in profit. Who's getting too much of other people's money now? Yes there are companies that only think of themselves, and suppress technology and ideas that would be better for the people/world as a whole, but until it becomes profitable for them to do so, they won't do anything about it. The danger there, is someone will eventually do something better, that will make their suppressed technology less valuable (either you use it, or lose it). When enough people protest, alternative fuel vehicles will be available. All the major car companies are now developing these vehicles. Eventually they'll become the mainstream (hopefully) and replace local commuter vehicles (you'll still need gas vehicles for long range driving). But it's the people and profit that push for progress, not the government.

No, there went too much wrong in the last eight years and like mentioned it would be bad enough if it all stayed in the US. But the USA still a leading country does unfortunately still influence some of our "special guys" in politics and economics. Your country is a powerful land and calls itself a "leading nation" thus it has to step forward and being a good example for all other states which do follow you. Continuity of those last eight years wouldnt be helpful at all! And dont let your decissions in this election just depend on which party you do vote for or if it has to be a woman or a man. I can tell you, we have a woman as chancelor and she wasnt the best choice at all thats for sure. As popular the idea may be to have a woman at the top of the administration. It shouldnt matter if male, female, black or white! Ask who has the best program for your country and so for the whole world. With your vote you are responsible for the actions of your country in the next coming years.

The US is a leading country in the world, the "arsenal of democracy". Without it WWII would not have been won, the Cold War would still be ongoing. The US cares more about individuals rights than almost anyother nation (that's why our founding fathers fought a revolution). But running a country is hard and not every choice is maybe "the best". But I do know, "socialist thinking" by liberals (like Obama) will lead this country down the proverbial toilet; taxing the citizens too much, controlling everyone's living habits, running up debt, and caring less about what happens in the rest of the world, other than "am I liked? I want to be loved by everyone". The governments job is to "help" the people live their lives, not "tell" the people how to live their lives. People and companies need to take personal responsiblity for their actions, and not go crying to the government to help them out every time they make a mistake. The government is not your parents; you're old enough now, take care of yourself.

That was a bit of a rant, but I hope you get the point.

Where's McCain's executive experience?

McCain's only seventy-three

I'm inclined to believe it could result in his death.

McCain is a retired Naval Officer. Most military officers have good/great leadership skills (executive experience).

McCain is 72, seventy-two years young

I doubt it, but you never know

Eagle: It's spelled "education." I know that seems kinda weird, considering the pronunciation, but that's still how it's spelled. I'm not chastising you or anything, I'm just letting you know.

Oh, well, if thats your only sorrow at that point ... :roll:

We shouldn´t only rely on nuclear energy as long as we haven´t any solution for the nuclear waste. Up till now it´s just common that those radioctive materials are thrown down a deep hole either into a mine or into deep sea. Over here in Germany this is starting to cause serious problems, because since the 70s the nuclear waste has been stored in some cali mines, which became now useless because of the ground-water level which is rising. They already aknowledged in the 70s that this will happen. But who cares in 2008 when all these men who brought that silly solution in the 70s are already not in power anymore or even already dead. So their children and childrens children have to solve that problem. And this is something which will happen to any country which uses nuclear energy. It´s not a clean energy! That´s just what these lobbyists and their political pawns want you to believe in. It´s the worst of all energy forms of all.

@Tex

There are countries who treat their prisoners worse than the US. No question about it. But there are also others who treat them much better. Why are they moved to a location which isn´t even on US ground where the US law also isn´t enforced if not for the purpose to treat those alleged terrorists like they want to, waterboarding and stuff included. Some of those prisoners are terrorists for sure. But there are and were also those who had the misfortune to be at the wrong time at the wrong place and found themselves ending up in one of these cages in Guantanamo. That´s what happened to a german citizen with turkish roots who went to Afghanistan because he was on a pilgrimage. Of course we can debate about why he went there although he must have known whats going on there. But this guy has been captured and held for at least a year without any trial and without any chance of seeing an advocate. He has been tortured in many ways and I would like to know what people would say if that would have happened to an US citizen. And Im ashamed of my own government who seemed to care less about his destiny.

The war in Iraq is and was a big mistake! What the real purpose of that war was we can of course speculate about that. But they surely didnt went in there just because of these dozens of grenades. They talked about missiles capable of carrying WMDs which till today havent been found anywhere in Iraq! Its not only because of those lies they told the world about why they have to get in there. Its also the pressure which the Bush administration put on several members of NATO causing to bring a split up between the single members of NATO between them who where willing to line up with the US (mostly the newer members of eastern europe) and those who had another opinion about that ( remember Rumsfeld: "This is old Europe"?). This split caused a scar which exists till today. For which the missile-defense system which will be located in the Czech Republic and in Poland is a good example. Although the US administration knew that this will be a provocation in the eyes of Russia. Ignoring this they signed the treaty about that with Poland right at the point where we all had to prevent another war in europe between Russia and Georgia. Thats not very sensitive, isnt it. Unless you plan to provoke Russia which they do again by bringing a carrier to the black sea which the Russians told they dont want to see there or they would answer such a kind of provocation. You can call it like you want, I call it playing with fire.

After 911 they have created a climate of fear which enabled them to violate your individual freedom rights heavily. You can now be arrested without any reason and without any chance of seeing an attorney. They can probe your phone and read your private mails and emails at any time if they wish to. If captured as an alleged terrorist they will also treat you the same way like your inmates in Guantanamo, waterboarding included. The worst thing is that nobody seems to care about all this. Although that shouldnt be even in the best interest of any republican.

P.S:

On a side note I had to pause writing this post because a neighbour was ringing on my door. I was away for about half an hour. After I´ve returned and clicked on "preview" I saw Tex´s post instead of mine. That was a bit spooky. ;) Just to let Evaders know about that.

Edit: fixed some typos before Tofu gets another heart-attack

Edited by Eagle

• 4 weeks later...

So I watched the Vice Presidential debate tonight. Anyone else catch it?

As always, I support McCain's view on staying in Iraq until its over. We cant just up and leave with a time table. Its too late to do that now.

However, I dont know how I feel about Palin. She seems...inadequate. I wish McCain had chosen someone else as Vice President. I dont know exactly what it is about her I dont like...maybe its her personality or something.

My Website

Palin's... well.... a "bad pick" for lack of a better term. I know die-hard Republicans who hate her. More than anything else, she appears to be a thinly veiled attempt to reach out to Hillary supporters that is failing miserably. Palin is a beauty queen who doesn't get the issues and doesn't relate to the people like she pretends to. She had cookie-cutter answers for all of the questions (Which, if you paid attention, tended to be the same answers, just reused for different questions), and didn't come across as very intelligent at all.

12/14/07

More than anything else, she appears to be a thinly veiled attempt to reach out to Hillary supporters that is failing miserably.

Exactly my thought! But there will still be some who are dumb enough to vote for her anyway just because they want to have a woman somewhere in high office no matter if she is able to do the job or not, just for the sake of it. :?:roll:

Was supposed to post this days ago, but funny anyway:

Letterman is angry. Dont ever mess with this guy! :mrgreen::lol:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

And if you didnt catched the Saturday Night Live-Spoof of Sarah Palin, here you go:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=tjZW4z9zqqY&eurl=http://lucianarchy.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=3665&page=12

;)

Oh, yeah, her answers are more than just confusing. :?

So I had a chance to watch the whole Biden vs. Palin debate on Google Video and I have to say, no matter if she is a republican or not, dont get me wrong here, politicians often just use some sort of platitudes to answer questions, but in her case I had the feeling that she makes use of them whole the time. Actually I have no idea how she could become a gouvernor. Where there no better candidates? 8O If she would live in Germany Im afraid that she would get her own show like some celebrities ex-woman actually had who had no talent at all. Listening to her it always felt studied and trained. She didnt spoke freely about topics like Biden did, whos experience she of course she doesnt have. After the debate was over she seemed to turn into a "chic-mode" when thanking Biden and the moderator and calling her mommy and daddy to come onto the stage for the family picture.

I have no idea which other choices for a candidate McCain had, but just for the sake to have a female candidate she was a bad decision. In all these hard times the US could face in the future there would be a need for a very experienced candidate who could fit to take the job as president at any time if anything (lets hope that this never would be the case) ever could happen to the president. Theres no one who knows all and everything about any subject, but it could be fatal to have a president, or in this case vice president, who would be nearly totally dependant of his advisors.