Writers Guild Strike

Darth_Rob

The Writers Guild of America is on strike

This is due to something about how they are not paid for the shows that are re-aired over the internet. This is something important to me, since due to my school and work schedule, I miss important shows like Heroes, and I will be missing Lost when it comes back in February. Anywho, it is convenient for me to be able to watch the shows off the stations websites, since I do not have TiVo. I mean, if the writers get paid for re-runs on television and DVD sales, why shouldn't they also receive a portion from the advertising revenue the station makes by showing the shows online? I just want this thing over so I can return to my regularly scheduled broadcasts.

PS- Another show that I am missing is my beloved Colbert Report. They are on strike too, and its sad that there are no new episodes.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

More annoying than anything. And yeah i'm pissed too about the Colbert Report. Is the Daily Show still doing new Episodes? I thought Jon Stewart did a lot of the writing on most episodes himslef.

Oh and Btw, dont worry guys, I'm not on strike. :roll::lol:

Yeah, they both are on strike. Im wondering if Colbert and Stewart are in support. They are the writers, and Comedy Central does air their episodes online...

My Website

They are right to be on strike. Just think off how hollywood is doing movies nowadays. More explosions than stories. :roll: It´s that GL-Factor, where lots of film-makers think the audience don´t want to see any good plots and so they just take a couple of writers for one movie to do that work much more writers did in the past. Pah! Todays movies are much crappier than in former. Allthough it´s all about TV-Writers, it´s more or less the same thing.
Who cares at all?! :roll:

Oh no, how horrible!

... *Runs off to muscle into the writing buisness while the networks all want new, undiscovered writers, hoping to get a position writing for something like Supernatural*

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I don't see why the writers shouldn't get their fair share. They are the ones who basically create the shows.

It must be said though that this strike may allow some lesser known writers to make themselves a a place on the market.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

yea, but then you're a scab and the companies are hiring scabs... which is not favorable... (scab is slang for strikebreaker) the guild would go crazy... plus then when the strike is ended and they are all hired back... there you are sitting among the people who's face you spat in... and thats never good... :?

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

yea, but then you're a scab and the companies are hiring scabs... which is not favorable... (scab is slang for strikebreaker) the guild would go crazy... plus then when the strike is ended and they are all hired back... there you are sitting among the people who's face you spat in... and thats never good... :?

A) It should be "whose," just felt the strong urge to point that out and

B) I get the feeling that you would be "released" from your new job rather quickly after the strikers came back. On the upside, however, you now have something pretty nice to tack onto your resume provided your a bit bland in description- I worked as a scriptwriter for Gray's Anatomy... For two weeks before the real writers came back.

12/14/07

• 2 weeks later...

I think they should all get together and write the script for a show of a bunch of writers going on strike. It'll flop in the T.V. series department but then something like PBS(Or possibly some liberal film clique) will eat it up and make a documentary out of it.

After which the national guard will be called it, and Billy Bragg will show up center-stage to write a song about it and there'll be a big fuss and many coal miners will lose their lives in the name of the strike.... Oh... Wait... Eh...

After which an elitist squadron from Webster will be dispatched, and Stephen King will show up center-stage to write a book on the profound horror of strikes and writers, there'll be a big fuss, and many writers will lose their verbal skills in the name of the strike.

=D

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

Pease Tofu, that is nowhere near as bad as your anti-illegal immigrant rant idea...

I've yet to see that one.

@Tofu: The only smoking I do is the stuff I can blow in people's faces in public while only being subject to a fine as mandated by a city ordinance.

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

Smoking baaad!

Although that said, i'd rather see people getting stoned than drunk.

Wait a minute, maybe that's what all these poor stressed out writers need?!? :idea:

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Pease Tofu, that is nowhere near as bad as your anti-illegal immigrant rant idea...

@Tofu: The only smoking I do is the stuff I can blow in people's faces in public while only being subject to a fine as mandated by a city ordinance.

'Twas a joke, mate. :wink:

12/14/07

'Twas a joke, mate. :wink:

My part about Hillary Clinton wasn't a joke. I honestly wish I could destroy her very essence.

My Website