Drinks

Darth_Rob

What is your favorite type of alcoholic drink?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite type of alcoholic drink?

• Beer/ Ale
    • Wine/ Champagne
    • Hard Liquor Shots
    • Mixed Drinks
    • Malt Beverages (like Hard Lemonade/ Smirnoff, etc)
    • I don't like to drink

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so, beer with friends (maybe on grill parties too), mixed drink on parties, wine on dinner, or after any good meal... champagne for celebration, and hard liks for getting really drunk in very short time (but this doesn't seem to happen to many times :D )

• 4 weeks later...

I apparently go to class too drunk to remember much these days and some people say I smell of alcohol...and not in a sweaty sort of way, but just of straight liquor.

This is not good.

I think I may seriously have a problem.

How often do you drink? Like, is it a weekend thing, or do you drink during the week also?
Every single day, mostly in the evenings, but increasingly more often during daylight hours and sometimes even mornings... Funny how I don't realize these things until I spell them out for someone else.

I'm impressed by the proportion who don't really drink. Which includes me these days. I probably only have 2 units a week these days.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

How often do you drink? Like, is it a weekend thing, or do you drink during the week also?
Every single day, mostly in the evenings, but increasingly more often during daylight hours and sometimes even mornings... Funny how I don't realize these things until I spell them out for someone else.

So you're drinking 7 drinks or more on a daily basis? I dunno man. That does seem a bit much.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

So you're drinking 7 drinks or more on a daily basis? I dunno man. That does seem a bit much.

So it would seem. I had a cup of black coffee this morning, and I mention that because I usually have orange juice and vodka or coffee-and-brandy.

Someone suggested I go to an alcoholic's anonymous meeting that is taking place in a day or two. I don't think I'm at that point just yet...

So it would seem. I had a cup of black coffee this morning, and I mention that because I usually have orange juice and vodka or coffee-and-brandy.

Someone suggested I go to an alcoholic's anonymous meeting that is taking place in a day or two. I don't think I'm at that point just yet...

So how far will you let yourself go before you think you're at "that point"? :? It might not hurt just to "sit in" for now :wink: Good Luck

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I'd have to agree with Tex. From what you're saying, there is definitely something going on. You should probably do a preemptive strike before things get worse.

My Website

I second that! That sounds really concerning, SOCL! 8O

There were two times in my life up till now where I´ve managed not to get addicted by alcohol. And I really hope that I won´t get any close to like I was before. There was a point where I clearly felt that there was a danger to get addicted, so I´ve had the chance to stop. It was easy at that point. A couple of days or weeks later it maybe wouldn´t have been like that. :?

Who cares at all?! :roll:

I find money to be a wonderful excuse for not drinking!

The UK,and london in particular, does not really do cheap alcohol, at least not in pubs and clubs.

I just don't enjoy feeling drunk.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

On the matter of the price of drinks:

I love how a Rum & Coke costs $3.50 at the local bars here where I go to school, yet $12 in the NYC clubs.

My Website

Hmm, if you're losing the grip quite too often, then you might consider slowing down your drinking habits. But unless you're havig real social problems (like making debts, or getting fired from school/work) I wouldn't worry too much.

But still, I'd slow down a bit if I were you :)

Btw. I drink mostly on fridays/weekends and mainly beer (at least from the start).

-rebellion2 enthusiast-

Terra Reconstructed

Btw. I drink mostly on fridays/weekends and mainly beer (at least from the start).

That a very good basis. i do that I never have any problems.

SOCL. Why don't you start by passing from hard booze onto beer and then gently slowing the consomation. SHould make things easier. :wink:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

• 4 months later...
I have been drinking beer for awhile now, but I still cant acquire a taste for any that is non-Mexican. I enjoy Corona, Dos Equis, and Tecate, which are all Mexican. I still dont enjoy other beers. Im odd.

My Website

Before I got absolutely trashed with my shrink, who happens to be my best friend from HS, in celebration of my engagement the only beer I liked was Spotted Cow. You can only buy it in Wisconsin. It's made at the New Glarus Brewery in New Glarus, WI. That night I had half a bottle of Hypnotiq (sp?) and about a dozen cans of keystone light. That stuff has no taste, but after that half bottle, I was feeling pretty good, so I didn't care. Anyway, I ended up getting sick that night and haven't cared for alcohol since.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Guest Scathane
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/SWRPostRankings.jpg
Hey, it's nice to see that some of you still know to appreciate my work... 8)

Anyway, I know I'm hopelessly out of date (but I guess you'll be forgiving me with my having been away for a long time and all) but since this is about drinking, I couldn't resist replying. First off, I have a problem with the option I can select in this poll... I do like to drink but I don't have one single preference. So, I guess, I have to fill you in with a list of my own. I like:

1 beer
    2 wine (red, white, rose and dessert, the last preferrably with a fine blue cheese)
    3 whisk(e)y (straight, no ice)
    4 vodka (with or without orange juice)
    5 jenever & coca-cola
    6 gin & tonic
    7 triple diamond

Not necessarily in that pick order, though...