The COmputer AI Cheats!

kleaverjr

I was playing as the Alliance, I had all planets except Coruscant under my control, and Corsucant was under blockade, so there is NO WAY he had any command points, yet he had a VSD continue to bombard one of my systems. No big deal, since it was only a matter of assaulting the planet with troops, but it's obvious the AI is not under Command Points restrictions or else the VSD would have to self-destruct since the Empire had no Command points.

KDL

aka Darth Siditious

You do know that when you (or the AI) gets negative maintenance points, that unless you take corrective action, then things get scrapped to get maintenance points to zero or above. This does NOT happen instantaneously! And could take several days, weeks, etc. to happen :wink:

PS I don't think the AI is smart enough to cheat :? Because I wish it would sometimes (just to be challenging :D )

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Ditto the Tex; also, the AI might have had two ships headed for your planet, but one of them was scrapped on arrival (Ships in-transit to other systems cannot be scrapped). After scrapping one ship/facility/unit of troops, it takes another few days before something else is scrapped once more.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Yeah, if you keep a fleet moving it can withstand maintenance failure for many turns. Just don't leave it in one spot long enough and not much to worry about. I remember playing multiplayer one time as imperial and was taking a beating, I had a 20+ star destroyer fleet sneaking up on to rebel HQ and totally overwhelmed his defense and won the game even though his systems outnumbered mine at least 10:1 and I had been in negative maintenance for quite a while. That is why HQ can be much more intimidating rather than having to capture the characters as well.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

But i guess it may also depend on what difficulty level you play. If you play on hard then the AI may have a slight C points bonus. Just my guess.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

I allways just play the HQ-Mission. A good game of Rebellion allways takes days. There´s no need to invade every small planet just to hunt down Mon Mothma or Palpy. :roll:
Who cares at all?! :roll:

Actually, I good rebellion game takes months to win. Hardest difficulty, largest galaxy, and let the computer win for a while. You can get into some nasty stalemate games doing that.

My current game is on day 4109, and I am locked in a brutal fight for the Corellian sector, as planets there just get passed back and forth.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

I allways just play the HQ-Mission. A good game of Rebellion allways takes days. There´s no need to invade every small planet just to hunt down Mon Mothma or Palpy. :roll:

I was making the opposite point that it is easier for the loser against great odds to win the game in HQ as the underdog doesn't have to worry about catching the characters. It's more of a guard your HQ and never feel too safe, especially as Rebels as a sabotage mission will end your game early.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

I uploaded the force to you and now you proclaim to be the master?! Young padiwon, STFU and go play with yourself. :)

Actually, I good rebellion game takes months to win. Hardest difficulty, largest galaxy, and let the computer win for a while. You can get into some nasty stalemate games doing that.

My current game is on day 4109, and I am locked in a brutal fight for the Corellian sector, as planets there just get passed back and forth.

That's true. My favourite starting is, abandoning all planets but one (letting them become neutral or enemy).

I've lost several games with this tactic :D

That's true. My favourite starting is, abandoning all planets but one (letting them become neutral or enemy).

I've lost several games with this tactic :D

lol... I like that tactic, gonna have to try that... oh no, there goes all my maintenance... I hate this tactic now!

What do you mean they blew up the death star?!?

Well's who's they?!? What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?!?