production time..what is going on here?!?!?!

rebellionluv

everytime i build a ship or production facility they tell me it will take X amount of days to complete, but it is NEVER completed in that time!!!

EX. i built 2 imperial II star destoryers and they said it would take 104 days...200 days later the first one was nearing completion!!!!! i have 12 advanced shipyards on this planet and it takes close to 400 days to build 2 imperial star destroyers!!! is this a glitch?? see i wouldnt mind if when i began production it said "estimated time to completion: 400 days" but no, it says "estimated time to completion: 104 days"

can someone please explain this to me. is this a glitch or am i doing something wrong that would quadruple production time? and just as general info, the planet is Coreilla, I control the entire sector, and no rebels have been spotted in the sector in years...no fleets, no missions, nothing, so blockades cant be affecting production since ive never been blockaded. manage production/garrisons are both enabled and i have close to 2000 maintenance points

thanks in advance for any replies

• SWR Staff - Executive
Do you have enough refined materials to continue production?

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

You have three resources indicators on the screen. Bets are the first one is a really large number (raw resources), the second one (refined resources) is really low or zero, and the last one (maintenance pts) is at least positive. If this is the case, you have many mines and not enough refineries. If the first is low, the second is low, and the maintenance points are positive than you have a balance of mines and refineries running at full capacity. Expand numbers of each evenly. If the first two are low and the maintenance points are negative, you are exceeding capacity and should build only essential items until you can expand mines and refineries.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

yes, i always have 0 in the first two categories and high number of maintenance points

when i click on manage production the bots produce an equal number of mines and refineries..i actually make sure that both numbers stay even the entire game, i guess that would affect it

see i bought the game when it came out and i was like 12 and never bothered to read the game instructions and eventually threw them away :(

guess i should get my hands on a new copy..let me try expanding so that my mines exceed my refineries..that should make it work?

The other thing you can do if you are playing AI is stop all production for 50-100 turns and you can accumulate lots of refined resources and then surge with a large production run when your research upgrades ships. It's not a preferred tactic for multiplayer of course. Of course, the best option in your case is to minimize all non-essential production and focus on producing mine and refinery units. Also, keep in mind that if you are sending them across the galaxy, there will be lag between production finishing and the mine or refinery arriving at the planet where it goes into production. You can use the galaxy status screen to get a count of all units including mines and refineries, the tip is to keep the numbers even. My rule of thumb, small galaxy should have 100/100 mines/refineries, large galaxy 150/150, huge galaxy 200/200.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy