Star Wars: The Legacy Revealed

Darth_Rob

There is a 2-hour special on the Histoy Channel on Monday, May 28th called Star Wars: The Legacy Revealed. From what I understand, it will go into Lucas' influences for the movies from actual historical events. It seems really interesting, and I am looking forward to it.

Read about it here

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

There's also a bit called Star Wars Tech on the hour directly before it which discusses the technology of the six films and likely how they have influenced real-world technology.

I just hope that Legacy Revealed doesn't turn out to be a rehashed Empire of Dreams. :roll: It seems most Star Wars "documentaries" just repeat the same things over and over again. I hope this is actually substantial.

I watched it. It was better than watching the prequels, I'll give it that. This was definitely a George Lucas hands in the basket special, all the cutscenes had dialog that explained the connections and similarities of other works and mythology and how the events of the prequels reflected upon the original trilogy. It was definitely designed to be filler material from the start for everything that was forgotten, badly acted, or just plain made irrelevant by watching them in theater.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Yeah, I wasn't exactly impressed by it. Rather the same things we've seen and heard everywhere else, just rehashed with Professors, politicians, and television personalities! :roll:

And I get sick of hearing Joseph Campbell hailed as some sort of god. Yes, okay, fine, yippee, he had some interesting ideas. Okay, let's move on. :roll: