Betrayal and Defection: 3rd time around...

Guest Scathane

Guest Scathane

I'm probably a bore, but I'm going to ask anyway...

The situation (I'm playing a Rebedited Imperial game):

I send out Komari Vosa and Boba Fett on an espionage mission. The mission is foiled by opposing forces and I get the following additional message:

"Through use of the force, Komari Vosa has discovered that Boba Fett has betrayed us to the Alliance."

The questions:

1. Since when do game characters discover traitors thorugh use of the force?

2. What should I do with Boba Fett? Retire him? I sent him on anoothe mission later on and everything was fine...

Your views and suggestions are most welcome.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Detecting traitors is one of the benefits of force users of any degree (Novice or Master), the ability comes when they become force-sensitive.

Dealing with traitors is a tricky problem. The game manual suggests that you could just let them sit it out until the going gets better for you, but in my experiance they never change, and screw up on any mission you send them on.

Useful tip: If you keep getting messages saying an enemy Diplomacy mission has been foiled on the Blaugh-blaugh system, send intelligence to find out who the enemy diplomat is, and thus the enemy character turned traitor on the side of the enemy.

One thing I don't know about is what effect traitors have in the tactical battle :?:

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Guest Scathane
Detecting traitors is one of the benefits of force users of any degree (Novice or Master), the ability comes when they become force-sensitive.

Goody!

Dealing with traitors is a tricky problem. The game manual suggests that you could just let them sit it out until the going gets better for you, but in my experiance they never change, and screw up on any mission you send them on.

Until the going gets better? This happened on day 30!

Useful tip: If you keep getting messages saying an enemy Diplomacy mission has been foiled on the Blaugh-blaugh system, send intelligence to find out who the enemy diplomat is, and thus the enemy character turned traitor on the side of the enemy.

You're trying to tell me that I can make an enemy character betray his side this way???

Guest Scathane
Goody! :D

Until the going gets better? This happened on day 30! 8O

You're trying to tell me that I can make an enemy character betray his side this way??? :roll:

How is that going to help in the game??? :?

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Guest Scathane
I see. That's pretty lame when you play the Alliance, though, you cannot assassinate anyone. Can that be changed somewehere using Rebed or in the DLLs?

Why couldn't it be set up that all captured characters go to Kessel? That way you always know where they are when they get captured... Or am I the only one who puts all of my prisoners there?? :oops:

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

btw another way to deal with traitors is to give them an officier status, if they can... that way they won't turn traitor...

I have had force sensitives that were traitors before and that was in a unmodded game didn't even know that RebED existed at that time...

with the prisoners I usually just haul them all over on the slowest ship in the fleet and sends it from the end of the galaxy to the other or I'll just let those imperial scum be on my fleet with some force sensitive with a lot of Combat and Espionage skills nearby

Jedi Corran Duchai at your service.

There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is no passion; there is serenity.

There is no death; there is the Force.

Guest Scathane

I didn't know that about officers not being able to commit treason.

And, Trejiuvanat: finish your sentences, man!

People in command ranks don't betray you, I thought force-seensitives din't either.

Scathane, wahat are you saying that I don' finish my....

I always write full....

It's like as if i used.. instead of ending my ....

That sentence was complete, althougth the order was inverted.

I send all prisoners to Coruscant, when i'm Imp or I put them on the safest world I control, when I'm a rebl.

I send all prisoners to Coruscant, when i'm Imp or, when I'm rebel, I put them on the safest world I control.

My english teacher would critizice my style mistake, but this are forums so no one actually cares about poor style...

none of you would actually like to meet my english teacher...

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

emm..confussed you seem..my young student...have you ever looked up from your desk...IT IS I, ZOOT; YOUR ENGLISH TEACHER!! Remember this tomorrow when you occassionaly glance up at your teachers...picture one as me as you take in their gibberish....fart, grunt, shout something loudly in Arabic about you're darkest dreams being haunting by a psycophythic cat...odd they they may view you.....but that's ok..with us you now are... :wink:

Trejiuvanat shakes in fear and falls on the floor, he loks at his little sister and sees a cat, his mother too had now a cat's face.

NO, IT CAN'T BE.

Suddenly he heards arabic words.

CATS EVERYWHERE. NO IT CAN'T BE ZOOT. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Is it just me, or does Zoot look like a sadistic Care Bears character??

Anyone? Anyone?

Guest Scathane
Is it just me, or does Zoot look like a sadistic Care Bears character??

Anyone? Anyone?

You're going to be sorry you said that...

In the words of Pauly from the Rocky movies " I don't sweat him"

I probably should retract those statements, but my stupid Canadian pride just won't let me.

Wormie closes his eyes and prepares himself for the worst

Guest Scathane
Well, we'll see what's left of that Canadian pride after Zoot's through with you... Edited by Scathane