Iraq pullout & Rebellion's wisdom

Verdex

To all you gamers with a little experience:

If I have a system in uprising and pull my troops out - I guess we all know what will happen definitely to the system and maybe even to the whole sector...

Over the years and on several different occasions I have been amazed how much Rebellion is *not* just a game but in a way a 'life-simulation'. I guess that's the main reason I love it so much :D

Asteroids do not concern me...

I've got to give you guys credit. You haven't lowered the standard on the intellectual content of this site one bit in the month and a half I've been gone. Good job.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

If I have a system in uprising and pull my troops out - I guess we all know what will happen definitely to the system and maybe even to the whole sector...

Over the years and on several different occasions I have been amazed how much Rebellion is *not* just a game but in a way a 'life-simulation'. I guess that's the main reason I love it so much :D

So following the same philosophy, you could justify the Bush troop surge in Iraq. In Rebellion, if a planet is in uprising and requires 6 garrisons to keep peace, in order to quite the uprising, you must first double the garrison requirement. Once 12 garrison units arrive, uprising is put down. You can then pull the troops out but must be careful to leave at least 6 garrison or risk slipping back into uprising. Of course, you must account for terrorist attacks or inadequate maintenance points (Congressional backlash against troop funding) which could slip those numbers below 6 garrisons. What to rethink this?

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

I'm sorry to say it Verdex, but if you really were trying your best I think the intellectual content of the site, maybe the bar would be slightly higher.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

So following the same philosophy, you could justify the Bush troop surge in Iraq. In Rebellion, if a planet is in uprising and requires 6 garrisons to keep peace, in order to quite the uprising, you must first double the garrison requirement. Once 12 garrison units arrive, uprising is put down. You can then pull the troops out but must be careful to leave at least 6 garrison or risk slipping back into uprising. Of course, you must account for terrorist attacks or inadequate maintenance points (Congressional backlash against troop funding) which could slip those numbers below 6 garrisons. What to rethink this?

Well hopefully one wouldn't be foolish enough to pull ALL of the extra troops out and leave just the minimum. Maybe just a couple at first. And luckily there are characters that do that mission thing call "diplomacy" which starts to bring civilian support to your side. Thus lowering the minimum required troops. As for those pesky nay-sayers in the Senate, maybe the Senate should be dissolved and .... oops! Having a little SW cinematic flashback there :oops:

:lol:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Of course you could always use a DS :) It's a fun wait to solve things, and you get a cool video scene too!

Emperor Bush has ordered the construction of a death star to finally solve the War in Iraq! Imagine the Democrats reaction if he could pull a win like that out of the loss column. 8O

Remember though... we don't want to ignite the precious. Instead we need a giant suction device. Thus, I will cue up Mega Maid! from SpaceBalls! That way we can extract the precious and then withdraw our troops and be done with the place.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

I'm sorry to say it Verdex, but if you really were trying your best I think the intellectual content of the site, maybe the bar would be slightly higher.

Well, maybe I was too subtly - my old problem ;) - but probably "the most trusted name in news" (...) will do the trick:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/05/02/iraq.scenarios/index.html

By the way, let me make quite clear that this whole thread is no political statement of mine - neither for nor against a withdrawal. I would love to see it but I am afraid it would indeed cause a hell of a chaos :(

Asteroids do not concern me...