The Drayson Incident

Guest Scathane

Guest Scathane
At the very least. That's if you don't count any of the hundreds of smaller Republics between only a few planets or even continents!
I understand that. What I meant was: there was the Galactic Republic befor the Galactic Empire and the New Republic after the Galactic Empire, right?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't really know, SOCL. Haven't there been two republics in the SW EU timeline?
What I meant was: there was the Galactic Republic befor the Galactic Empire and the New Republic after the Galactic Empire, right?

Well, yes and no (actually, no and yes, respectively). No, there have not been two republics in the SW EU timeline, there has only been one, the New Republic. The EU timeline, to my understanding, is everything after Return of the Jedi, so only one galactic republic then. Yes, though, there was a galactic republic (referred to as the Old Republic) before the Galactic Empire and there was a one (referred to as the New Republic) after.

If you ask me, EU is everything that wasn't in any of the movies...
In accordance to what Expanded Universe actually means, I agree, but I do not believe that EU is correct termonology for everything that's not the movies.

WOOHOO! One post ago I was promoted to colonel! :D

Guest Scathane
In accordance to what Expanded Universe actually means, I agree, but I do not believe that EU is correct termonology for everything that's not the movies.
You mean that EU isn't meant to be everything that's not in the movies, but that in reality it does, right? :?

I always enjoy that sheer, pure joy you seem to have when you're promoted, SOCL! :lol:

You mean that EU isn't meant to be everything that's not in the movies, but that in reality it does, right?
What I had meant by what I had said that by the definition of the phrase (Expanded Universe), yes, your statement is true. But in accordance to STAR WARS terminology, Expanded Universe is only post-ROTJ. So: EU is post-ROTJ, nothing else.

Before ANH that is not in the movies is simply considered Prequel Universe, though there are sub-categories.

I always enjoy that sheer, pure joy you seem to have when you're promoted, SOCL! :lol:
Really? :D . . . or are you mocking me? :?

Guest Scathane
But in accordance to STAR WARS terminology, Expanded Universe is only post-ROTJ. So: EU is post-ROTJ, nothing else.
And from whence you owe this strange intelligence? I beg to differ... You see, http://starwars.com (which I presume uses Star Wars terminology) uses three designations in its databank :

- In the movies
    - Expanded universe
    - Behind the scenes

So, unless you come up with some more authorative source, I am just going to take it for a fact that expanded universe means everything that wasn't in the movies.

Before ANH that is not in the movies is simply considered Prequel Universe, though there are sub-categories.
Sure. Let me guess: Episode I Universe and Episode II Universe... :lol: Everything before the prequels we call Preprequel Universe... :lol:

Really? :D . . . or are you mocking me? :?
I always mock you, SOCL! :twisted:

The EU can be divided in five groups.

Sith Era (from the beginning to Ep I)

Prequel Era (Eps I-III)

Classic Era (Eps IV-VI)

New Republic Era (Ep VI- Vector Prime)

NJO (Vector Prime- Unifying Force)

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Scathane
Yeah, the only thing that remains to be seen is what happen after NJO
You mean that NJO's sort of finished in the novels?

, unless you come up with some more authorative source, I am just going to take it for a fact that expanded universe means everything that wasn't in the movies.
Okay, Scath, I may have been mistaken; chill. You win.
You mean that NJO's sort of finished in the novels?
I haven't heard of any plans for after NJO . . . but then again, I may be wrong again. :x

Haven't heard either, so far Del Rey has also started to publish books in the new rep era and of course the prequel era especially the cloen wars.

Guest Scathane
Well, taking into account that GL's merchandise is pointing the other way in the EU (KOTOR, Bounty Hunter, etc.), the following books will probably be prequel or sith era as well.

Well, at least with the prequel books being made will be a few by Timothy Zahn, specifically one between TPM and AOTC that talks about Thrawn's origin more closely and the Outbound Flight (which I thought is something that should not be left out of the prequels . . . after all, it was a rather big political and social move for the Republic). Those are the books I am most looking forward to.

I posted in some other thread that zahn will be writing three short stories, about 90 pgs each, linking the prequels to his books and subtly to the thrawn trilogy.

I posted in some other thread that zahn will be writing three short stories, about 90 pgs each, linking the prequels to his books and subtly to the thrawn trilogy.
Book, short story, whatever. The point is: I can't wait until they come out! They should be awesome! :D