Some things aren't logical...

Eagle

I wonder something now, thinking about the personality differences between 3PO and R2. I wonder if the fact that 3PO was made privately by Anakin made him more...insecure, I guess. On the other hand, R2 was factory made, and his programming may have been more professional, making R2 more independent and secure.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you'd think though that a mass produced droid would have more chance of being less independent then a custom made one. personally i just find it really a sucky things having anakin making 3po. i mean my god could you imagine the therapy session that would be needed is 3PO discovered he ws made by darth vader 8O

you'd think though that a mass produced droid would have more chance of being less independent then a custom made one.

I dunno. I would think that a droid would be given basic programming, allowing it some degree of independence to get its job done. It is a worker, and would do whatever it takes to perform its assigned task. On the other hand, 3PO does not have the benefit of factory programming, so he may be less sure of himself.

My Website

possible but i couldn't see anakin a slave boy on a backwater planet to have enough knowledge to program a droid in 6 million forms of communication especially some of the obscure stuff like ewok that he always seems to be able to interprit so he must have some form of factory programing at his basic core aswell and since he was made from junk that no one ele wanted it's highly liking his uniwue persona is just from having so many different parts stuck in him. but then saying that isn't it really weird a unique home built droid has an exact copy only in silver walking around on bespin in episode 5 :mrgreen:

Not accepting the fact that Anakin built Threepio all by himself, but accepting a possible fact, that he may have built him from lots of different spareparts. So it could be that all the software was preinstalled, which could explain why Threepio is able to communicate in thousands of different languages. Thus why there are several different protocoll-droids in the movies. They are fabricated and sold. Maybe each one has a unique personality like also the smaller astrodroids seem to have. I don´t want to think about why that´s like that, though it´s just to make them more sympathic for the audience.
Who cares at all?! :roll:

It's also possible that Anakin made 3PO in the image of existing protocol droids. In that case it's possible that he was able to obtain factory installed programming as well.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Yeah, but why throw out a piece of programming that can process over six million forms of communication? I think you'd want to sell it or something rather than just chucking it out.

Seriously, though, what's up with all of the youngin's in Star Wars having a knowledge of Physics that surpasses even our highest technology? At nine years old you'd really think that they'd act, well, more like nine-year-olds. With their huge bounds in education maybe they'd be as bright as, like, a twenty-year-old in terms of Earth Science, but being able to construct full-out podracers and stuff? Come on.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Try thinking about it this way Tofu. You're good with robots. I'd be willing to bet that you know at least one person who wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between a gear and a wrench, yes? Anakin just understood machines.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

I'm decent with machines, but I could barely tell you the differance between a window motor and a servo motor. I quite the robotics team, because all I ever did was woodworking- I've been able to do that since I was eight.

I'm willing to easily concede that the kids in this galaxy would surpass me by leaps and bounds due to the more advanced tech- but they're surpassing too far. A nine-year-old might build a small droid with very limited functions, sure, but a full-out, custom-designed machine that surpasses some of the best tech out there? I think not.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I'm willing to easily concede that the kids in this galaxy would surpass me by leaps and bounds due to the more advanced tech- but they're surpassing too far. A nine-year-old might build a small droid with very limited functions, sure, but a full-out, custom-designed machine that surpasses some of the best tech out there? I think not.

IT'S HIS FORCE-SENSITIVITY!!! Wasn't Anakin Solo gifted with the ability to comprehend technology at like two or three-years old while Jacen and Jania watched in awe? I don't think the average kid could do what Anakin Skywalker could at his age.

My Website

Isn´t it easy to be able to explain anything with a kind of force-sensibility? ;)

"Why did Anakin won the pod-race?"

"The Force!"

"Why could Luke destroy the Death Star?"

"The Force!"

"What made Jar Jar stumble across something that looked like Bantha-Doo?"

"Uuhm..."

• 2 weeks later...

Just looking at a Bossk figurine, and reflecting on that bit in the Empire Strikes back; why would the Empire allow fully armed Bounty-hunters on the bridge of the Executor? Fully armed?

Just a thought

I've been so busy lately, I haven't had the time to have many a thought on important stuff like Star Was

A fully armed Assassin droid on the bridge? Seems odd

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

That is a very good point J. Never thought of that. I mean, Im sure Vader could handle them if he had to, but Im sure some bridge equipment would get damaged in the battle.

My Website

Good question, Jahled.

I guess it´s because first they wouldn´t have entered the bridge without their armament, so the empire would have had to search for the Falcon on their own, and second because they just looked cool with their weapons. :P But it´s indeed not logical, especially concerning IG88. You never know what he´s programmed on. He could have taken out the whole bridge crew and hurt Vader seriously before he could have been taken out. :?

Just looking at a Bossk figurine, and reflecting on that bit in the Empire Strikes back; why would the Empire allow fully armed Bounty-hunters on the bridge of the Executor? Fully armed?

The better question is how does Boba Fett get from the SSD Executor's bridge to his ship and into the garbage bay of the ISD Avenger from the time the message comes across "We have them..." until the moment the Falcon latches onto the back of the Avenger's bridge and Capt. Needa takes a shuttle to apologize to Vader. It's always been a bit of continuity error of how he gets in the garbage bay. :P

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy