What do you call yourselves?

CaptainKirk

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see, I refer to myself as "Saul", but have got into the habit of going by my middle name these days "Omar"... :roll:

Can we just start calling you "The Third" from now on? :twisted::lol:

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Personally, I refer to myself as Tombs. If I'm identifying myself on the phone to people I went to high school with I go with Joe. My ex-gf's roommate has take to calling me "the fucker," to which I just laugh. I call her either 'Youngin'' or 'Bitch,' so it's all good.

Now, when it comes to SW I call myself a fanatic. My brothers call me a SW freak. Youngin' calls me a nerd. Take your pick.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Isn't 'Star Wars fan' good enough?

Maybe fan doesn't go far enough, 'Star Wars enthusiast' to be polite or 'Star Wars fanatic'

what intrigues me more though is 2 things.

1) Why do we need a nickname?

2) Why the rivalry between Star Wars and star trek?

In my opinion Star Wars and star trek are nothing a like! To me it'd be like a rivalry between the NY Yankees and the NY Rangers or the Chcago Bears and Chicago Bulls!

Me? I call myself Krytos :wink:

And I see no real point in having a "nick name" to cover people who like SW. I mean, take this forum for instance, I'd hardly call most people here even close to Star Wars fanatics ... come to think of it, it's been a long time since I've even talked about something Star Warsy, I spend most of my time in the Outside Interest area :roll: (and outside of the forum, it drops off to about nothing)

Further to the point, in general Star Wars seems to be more popular with a large and diverse crowd of people, with some people just liking it and getting into some of the additional fiction (aka. novels and games etc.) and others being fanatical ... the latter can be a little scary in my opinion :wink::roll:

Basically, this means that people who just like it will probably take offence from being called something like a "Warsie", conjuring up the image of a nerd wearing a Darth Vader costume while sitting in the dark at his computer (wait, did I just describe myself? 8O ).

Likewise, those fanatics probably wont like to be classified with the people who think that Endor was the planetoid/Moon that was fought on in Episode 6 (Forest moon of Endor - yes, lame of me).

Of course, the same could probably be said for Star Trek .. they've just been scorned with an ultra nerdy image over the decades.

And in real life, I go by my name - just my name ... well, actually I do accept: "Master", "Awesome guy", "You rock", "The best at *insert word here*" and so forth :wink::roll:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Me? I call myself Krytos :wink:

Me? I call myself Psych.

Yuo make a good point about the Star-Wars-ness of this site... myself, I get my fill at http://www.swrpgnetwork.com. This place is just a habit, for the most part.

(Exempting when I have spare time, so gimme till July...)

Sovereign ProtAKtor of the BEAK Imperium.

1 Corinthians 16:14 " Your every act should be done with love."

To level the playing field, anyone remember that woman who turned up for jury service in the States about a decade ago in a Star Trek federation uniform? It obviously made the news (given it was her obsession with a sci-fi interest and someone else's eventual civil-liberty in front of a court of law), before she got discharged from the case for like *dah* discussing details to the press, on account of her obvious wackiness at such a sober occasion of civil duty!

To put this into context, the vast majority of hardcore Star Wars fans wouldn't get past the paperwork, given we are more or less Imperial.. :lol:

Someone dressed as a Stormtrooper or Darth Vader turning up for jury service would have to the wit and eloquence of Shakespeare to make the courtroom.

But having just said that, to address the thread's original *snipe* :roll: I couldn't really care.. I like Star Trek in most of it's incarnations as Sci-Fi as well as the Star Wars saga.

I just walk away without a hang-up when time for my interest is over..

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

I think he was referring to the fact that Star Trek fans had a nickname that gave them their own little place in society, and that Star Wars fans do not have this "cool" label.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

I think he was referring to the fact that Star Trek fans had a nickname that gave them their own little place in society,

I suppose it would be exceedingly rude to comment upon the nature of that place in society.

[EDIT]: Not ot mention being completely devoid of any love whatsoever at all[/EDIT]

Seriously, though, that's half the reason I don't really want such a name/label.

Sovereign ProtAKtor of the BEAK Imperium.

1 Corinthians 16:14 " Your every act should be done with love."

Does anyone else find the fact that we're all taking such firm stands about how trivial and unnecessary a name is? I just think it's kind of ironic...

Somebody lock this thread, please...

12/14/07

Does anyone else find the fact that we're all taking such firm stands about how trivial and unnecessary a name is? I just think it's kind of ironic...

Quiet you! No one gives moderator suggested orders to the moderators, except Jahled. :twisted:

Quiet you! No one gives moderator suggested orders to the moderators, except Jahled. :twisted:

I'm just saying that this getting rather spammy... Fine, I'll just quit the thread, then. :roll:

12/14/07

Wow.... 8O I think I remember that .... anyway.. thats just going over board.. at least the whole calling her commander and wearing it to work...... i wouldve told her to shove it up where the sun dont shine....

Edited by JediHunter

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

...... i wouldve told it to shove it up where the sun dont shine....

That's rather presumptuous on your part, wouldn't you say JH? :? Maybe you can say where the sun doesn't shine on you :wink: But then again, if you're an engineer, you're probably stuck in some "cube farm" where there is no sun (only fluorescent lights) :lol:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

You can't Tofu! YOu're desir to spam will be too great! :twisted:***maniacal laughter***

Hey, guess what, Mad? You should look at the word "you're." You might want to make that second letter lower case. :wink: Ahh, feels great to BEAK and spam again. :twisted:

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

You can't Tofu! YOu're desir to spam will be too great! :twisted:***maniacal laughter***

Hey, guess what, Mad? You should look at the word "you're." You might want to make that second letter lower case. :wink: Ahh, feels great to BEAK and spam again. :twisted:

Don't forget the "e" at the end of desire :wink::twisted:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Don't forget the "e" at the end of desire :wink::twisted:

Ratbags!!!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance