Movies

Darth_Rob

Watched 3:10 to Yuma the other night. Decent movie.

I just noticed that Samuel L Jackson is supposed to be playing Nick Fury in the Iron man movie.

... WTF?! I know Jackson is an awesome actor but come ON!

Next they'll have Spiderman vs the Punisher with Denzel Washington playing the Punisher. :?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scathane
Transformers was fantastic IMHO... Furthermore, I kind of liked the Kingpin being portrayed differently... And I don't see a big problem with Jackson as Nick Fury either...

Furthermore, I kind of liked the Kingpin being portrayed differently...

Now I had a big problem with that. The Kingpin wasn't supposed to be this hardcore, buffed-out super fighter. He was supposed to be this uber huge fat guy who used his extensive wealth and connections to hire others to fight for him. 'Nuff said.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Guest Scathane
I have to disagree with you there, Rob... In a Daredevil comic I once had (I believe it was Daredevil: The Man without Fear), Kingpin can be seen in martial arts training and he even defeats Daredevil... 8O

I never read Daredevil comics, but in others (particularly Spider-Man) in which Kingpin was in, he appeared as a guy who hired others to do his work for him.

My Website

Guest Scathane
I must admit the Daredevil movie was a bad one indeed... Anyway, what do you guys think about the new Indiana Jones movie?

The preview is out. I'll probably see it and wind up hating everyone involved pationately for it. Indy was around for WWII. This is going to take him out of it and give him- what was it, a grand nephew?- in the form of Shia LaBauf (sp?), the kid from Transformers and (if you were young enough to watch The Disney Channel eight years ago) a lot of crappy kids' movies.

Supposedly (That being the key word) it'll harken back to the earlier days of movies and focus more on stunt men and the like instead of special effects and the like. Here's hoping.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I concur with Tofu. While I will most definitely be seeing it when it comes out in May, I will of course be skeptical. Hopefully I will be proven wrong.

My Website

After watching the trailer, I was trying to determine if the "bad guys" were Germans or Russians. I think I could stomach it if the baddies were Soviets.

My Website

Guest Scathane
After watching the trailer, I was trying to determine if the "bad guys" were Germans or Russians.
Now it could be me, of course but don't you think the rather large red banners carying swastikas were a bit of a giveaway? :roll:

After watching the trailer, I was trying to determine if the "bad guys" were Germans or Russians.
Now it could be me, of course but don't you think the rather large red banners carying swastikas were a bit of a giveaway? :roll:

Honestly, I didn't catch that. I've only seen the trailer once, in the theaters, and I didn't remember seeing that. Maybe the online trailer is longer with more content.

My Website

OFFICIAL MOVIE TRAILER/TEASER for Speilberg's newest release, "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystall Skull"

Release Date: May 22, 2008

Known Plot Thus Far: In 1957, Indiana Jones is thrust back in action, venturing into the jungles of South America in a race against Soviet agents to find the mystical Crystal Skull.

When last we saw Indy, he was riding off into the sunset in 1989's The Last Crusade, set in 1938 near the start of World War II. The new movie, due this spring, is set at the height of the Cold War in 1957, so the character has aged in real time — 19 years.

"He's teaching and having kind of a quiet life," the producer says. Once the archaeologist is thrust back into danger, the signature Indiana Jones red line tracing across the map will take him to New Mexico, Connecticut, Mexico City and the jungles of Peru.

Indiana Jones©Paramount Pictures

Indiana Jones will be out Summer 2008 actually on May 22, 2008. Other Indiana Jones movie's are Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981), The Temple of Doom (1984), and The Last Crusade (1989).

I'm going to go with these guys being Soviets rather than Nazis. I didn't see any red banners with Swastikas the first time through, except for in the recaps of Raiders and Last Crusade

12/14/07

Yeah, I only remembered seeing this lady, and I wasn't sure if she was Russian or German. Like I said, I like the idea that its still set in "older times", especially with the Cold War. Soviets will make good "bad guys", at least for the movies sake. Though I dont recall Khrushchev having a fascination with occult artifacts like Hitler did...

My Website

Guest Scathane
Honestly, I didn't catch that. I've only seen the trailer once, in the theaters, and I didn't remember seeing that. Maybe the online trailer is longer with more content.
I must admit that after posting my former message in this thread, a friend of mine asserte that the Nazi banners in the trailer function as flashbacks... :oops:

I kinda like the idea of a Cold-War-era movie, but didn't we already see this when we bought Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine way back in 1999? Well, assuming that you bought the game, obviously. It was actually a pretty good one- had a nice tie-in back to the even earlier Fate of Atlantis through the inclusion of Sophia Hapgood, though why she suddenly had purple hair is beyond me.

12/14/07

Got to see Semi-Pro and 10,000 BC this weekend. I was looking forward to both since I first saw each trailer.

Semi-Pro was alright. It wasn't Ferrell's best work. He's done much better. Just a sprinkling of laughs here and there.

10,000 B.C. was quite the disappointment to me. It visually looked awesome, but the story and other stuff was lame. And let me just say that the trailers with the sweet-looking saber toothed tiger were...very, VERY misleading. I was kinda sad that both movies disappointed.

My Website

I dunno. For some reason, even when I have a feeling a movie is gonna be bad, I go anyway in case it happens to be good. Sort of like hoping against hope...

My Website

I bought the DVD to Superbad to watch over the week, the first time I've spent money on a movie I wasn't sure was actually going to be funny. Turns out, I disagree with all the hype. Sure, it was funny, but it was a giggly sort of funny and not the sort of laugh-out-loud hilarious of 40 Year-Old Virgin. In fact, I regret spending the money on it. I think I'll try to sell it to one of my flatmates...