Movies

Darth_Rob

• SWR Staff - Executive
From what I've read, the movies will be recut into multiple episodes - thus comprising the new season. I don't know if they will add new content or anything, probably just add some more transitions.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand, the DVDs are the new season. Its just that they are released first. When they are aired on TV, there will be new scenes just for TV, while some scenes from the movie will be deleted. This will encourage people who watch just the TV show to buy the DVD movie, and the people who bought the DVD movie to watch the TV show.Then, depending on how the sales of the 4 DVDs goes, it will be determined by Comedy Central if they will renew Futurama for a second new season, which will be a traditional season.

Bloody capitalist swines!!!

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I watched Citizen Kane today. It wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be. Rather, I was struck with similar feelings to those I experienced while reading Romeo and Juliet; the plot contains great ideas and great potential, but the execution just doesn't work for me, and I'm left feeling this great ability for the work, followed by a letdown when I see how the producers didn't do it the way I would have... Or when a really old movie like Citizen Kane has sound quality so poor you can't hear the people speaking unless you pump the volume up to ludicrous level. :roll:

It also probably doesn't help that I knew what Rosebud was thanks to it being one of the top one hundred most memorable movie quotes.

12/14/07

See Tofu, that's the joy of movies and books. It's a glimpse into someone else's mind and their interpretation of a series of events. It's why i love Star Wars EU, it lets me decide. And why i'm not so keen on the canonicity debate. I'd rather let my imagination decide what a K-wing looks like, or Vonduum crab armour.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

• 2 weeks later...

We saw I Am Legend last night.

It was...different. Just a lot of weird and stuff that made no sense whatsoever. Lots of stuff never explained.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

• SWR Staff - Executive

I agree. It was a disappointing ending.

I also saw The Golden Compass the same night and I found that a much better movie. They tried to explain things (with mostly characters talking), but spruced in enough action to make it feel like things were happening. I hate that it ends on a cliffhanger, but it was meant as a trilogy.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Yeah i thought the trailers for Golden Compass looked pretty nifty.

My dad and i had a tradition of seeing each LotR film as it was released at xmas as a father son sort of thing, but there just isn't anything suitable anymore :(

I dunno, i wasn't that gone on Narnia myself. Seemed a little TOO infantile.

It was a tad bit. But I saw the trailer for the next film in the series, Prince Caspian, and it looks ridiculously good. It looks like they added a lot of intense action, more than that book had. I read all 7 books, and Prince Caspian was one of the slowest ones, if you ask me. The movie looks more interesting than the book actually was.

My greatest fear comes next week, when the misses forces me to see Alvin and the Chipmunks... :roll:

My Website

Has anyone seen the trailer for Batman: Dark Knight? It looks ridiculously good. I was skeptical at first of Heath Ledger being cast as The Joker, but he looks and sounds sooo awesome. I am looking forward to this movie!

Also, I saw a movie poster for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, with a release date for May 22 of next year. Also exciting!!!

My Website

I saw I Am Legend last Friday and I can't say I enjoyed it. It was decent, but I wish I had waited to rent it. Due to the CGI, the "vampires" looked fake. The would have been better off using real people with makeup.

Also, this week I bought Rob Zombie's: Halloween on DVD. I highly recommend this movie.

This weekend I plan to either see Sweeny Todd or Walk Hard. I'll let you all know how it goes if I do.

http://www.geocities.com/xenogears23/Jokersinsigmgs.jpg

"Life is hard. After all, it kills you." - Katharine Hepburn

If you have never read the book, I Am Legend was an alright movie. For those that HAVE read the book though, the movie was an insult. Granted, Smith is an awesome actor, and this was one of his best roles by far, but I had a hard time believing him as Neville. Also, the ending was 100% different from the book, which ruined it for me entirely. And yes, the CGI 'vampires' were very corny.

National Treasure: Book of Secrets was a very good movie. MUCH like the first, when you first read about it you think 'thats kinda stupid, there is no way in hell that they can do that', or 'thats the dumbest plot connection ever'. But once you watch the movie, it somehow all makes sense and leaves you wanting more.

Sweeney Todd is made of 100% WIN, as there is no role in existance that Depp cannot pull off. It is also far far better than the original.

Batman: Dark Knight will be an awesome movie, as both Ledger and Bale are perfect for their roles. Also, the writers drive the overall point of the joker home, he is not some idiotic semi-romantic villian who relies on henchmen. He is a loner, a sadistic killer, and far far more intelligent than any movie/cartoon to date makes him seem.

Movies I am not looking forward to:

John Rambo - The first movie was alright, the rest sucked. The final Rocky movie was a perfect ending to the character, but unless Rambo gets killed in this one, it just won't seem right.

Indiana Jones and the whateveritis - Sorry, but I have a feeling they will be screwing this one up pretty bad. The first movies were all set in WWII, so unless they set this one during Vietnam/Korea, Ford will have a hard time pulling off Jones once more.

Alien vs. Predator: Requiem - The entire point of the movie is the predators hunting the Predator/Alien hybrid born at the end of AVP in a anything goes, no holds barred, screw fighting in the shadows brawl in (I believe) Los Angeles. It shows the predators as being desperate to kill their target, which to me seems dumb. The Predators are far far to honorable to toss away the rules of the hunt like that. Also, if they were so desperate to stop it, they could just bombard the planet, as they have done so before to stop the aliens.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Dark Knight looks good- I've heard that guy is supposed to be the best joker since Jack Nickleson (sp?), and acts a lot like he did, just with better special effects.

I didn't know I am Legend was a book- I'll have to check the library for it. Is it just me, or does Will Smith seem to star in a number of movies that deviate drastically from what they were based on?

12/14/07

Yeah, we saw National Treasure 2 last nite also. Its funny...I know the plots to those movies are completely and utterly ridiculous, yet I still get a guilty pleasure out of them. I think I like the concept of America being the backdrop for the newest relic collector.

My Website

I'll assume all of the Brits on the forum have heard of Love Actually. It's a pretty good flick that my sisters introduced me to last holiday season. Yes, it's pretty much a chick flick, but it's pretty funny at the same time, and has that whole holiday spirit about it.

12/14/07