Executor's length-resolved

CorellianAce101

Thrawn and Defender are right. They were just making a movie and trying to make things dramatic. Go back and watch Return of the Jedi, and in one of the space battle scenes, look for when a TIE fighter crashes into the bridge of a Star Destroyer. The scale is totally off, the TIE fighter takes up like a fourth of the bridge, which isn't possible unless that was just a Super TIE Fighter or something...

Thrawn and Defender are right. They were just making a movie and trying to make things dramatic. Go back and watch Return of the Jedi, and in one of the space battle scenes, look for when a TIE fighter crashes into the bridge of a Star Destroyer. The scale is totally off, the TIE fighter takes up like a fourth of the bridge, which isn't possible unless that was just a Super TIE Fighter or something...
You do realize that the TIE crashed into the bridge of a different Star Destroyer and not the Executor, right? Also, the whole command tower does not make up the whole bridge...

You do realize that the TIE crashed into the bridge of a different Star Destroyer and not the Executor, right? Also, the whole command tower does not make up the whole bridge...

I think it was an A-wing, that crashed into the Executor.

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/books/taosw/tower-ssd1.jpg

The A-wing probably crashed into it where those bright lights are right in the center.

Yes i meant a regular star destroyer. And even so, the scale is still off. If you think about where a person would be sitting in the cockpit of the TIE and people walking around the command tower, it just doesn't scale up.

Yes i meant a regular star destroyer. And even so, the scale is still off. If you think about where a person would be sitting in the cockpit of the TIE and people walking around the command tower, it just doesn't scale up.
Not that I like using Saxton logic too much, but we can't truly be certain that was a regular Imperial-class Star Destroyer. It may have been something smaller, though I don't remember the scale being all that off... :?

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/photo/oddtower.jpg

Photo courtesy of Star Wars Techincal Commentaries. Clickerty to the article.