Superweapons

Master_Xan

Bah, this is Star Wars. Superweapons don't have to be good, nor built intelligently. They don't even need to follow the laws of physics (having a moon sized object randomly appear in a system would cause all sorts of gravity-based havoc, as would turning on any gravity wells).

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, this is Star Wars. Superweapons don't have to be good, nor built intelligently. They don't even need to follow the laws of physics (having a moon sized object randomly appear in a system would cause all sorts of gravity-based havoc, as would turning on any gravity wells).
Now, that would make a funny story!

:idea:

I've got it! :D A long time ago--and I believe info about is posted in the forums--I started writing a story about a Corellian who did believe in odds (and for that matter loved math, and hated the 'Han Solo' stereotype) and his best friend, an albino Chiss who's skin was green rather than blue (according to the story, green is the skin colour of albino Chiss). The story was basically supposed to be something like Star Wars meets reality, with real physics taking over and all sorts of stuff. For instance, the Battle of Yavin is a complete disaster when a rookie pilot who has never flown a starfighter starts listening to voices in his head and, thus, becomes distracted and shot down by the hundred and thirty thousand some-odd gun turrets on the first Death Star... :roll: You get the idea.

Silly man, didn't you listen? The Battle of Yavin would be a disaster because a moon sized object randomly appears near another planet. Thus causing massive earthquakes, huge tsunamis, and other gravity-based havoc. So the rookie pilot would be killed when the building he was in collapsed under the stress of the earthquakes... but don't worry, its still a victory, as the moon sized object was subjected to the same stresses and tore itself apart before it could get into an orbit... :roll:

Seriously though, it sounds like a good story (even if you did ignore the effects of gravity). Any chance of reviving it?

Albino chiss are green? :lol: I like the idea, though theoretically they would have to have some agent other than melanin in their skin to result in the blue coloration... Without that agent they would probaby be, well, white...

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Albino's and Gravity effects?

8O Sounds like somone needs to read some stories featuring Beowulf Schaefer.

http://www.larryniven.org/images/crashlandercover_sml.gif

Edited by Defender_16

8O Souns like somone needs to read some stories featuring Beowulf Schaefer.

Isn't sounds what Shaggy says on Scooby-Doo? I'm only BEAKing to help my reputation after Mitth reamed me.

Wait, what? :? What does that have to do with this?

8O Souns like somone needs to read some stories featuring Beowulf Schaefer.

Isn't sounds what Shaggy says on Scooby-Doo? I'm only BEAKing to help my reputation after Mitth reamed me.

Wait, what? :? What does that have to do with this?

I always thought it was "Zounds..."

Back to our Super Weapons, here... I propose the "Design a Super Weapon Competition" For ages ten and up. Simply draw up your idea for a super weapon and submit to the local Imperial garrison. The best Super Weapon will be picked out by top Imperial Researchers and constructed... After the Rebels manage to destroy it, we'll choose the next-best-one and gradually get crappier and crappier until we're the Imperial Remnant.

My idea for an awesome Super Weapon: Molecular Vibration Alternator.

Think that your ship is awesome? Possibly even invincible? Think that it can't be beaten? In fair combat, sure, but not with this baybe. Suddenly you're slipping through the flooring as the molecules it is composed of beging vibrating ever faster and you get sucked out into space along with the atmosphere... Congradulations, you just lost your ship while it was still in mint condition.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

The concept behind the Starlancer project isn't a bad one. The only thing I'd change is make it an in system anti-capital ship system. Instead Of Y-wings I might use Carrack Cruisers to mount the system.

Power intensive but faily cheap... for the Empire anyways.

Um... kinda like this from the first page, D16? :roll:

4. The superweapon I just thought up today, when contemplating possible ways the NR could have escaped BS scenario in his Empire Rising thread. Several capital ships, lets say six, align themselves in a ring around one central vessel. These ships then channel energy into the center vessel, which channels the energy through a central "firing chamber" in the center of the ship, firing it off in one concentrated burst through the nose of the ship. Not intended for planet-killing, but rather for ship combat. The shields of said vessels would continue to operate (except maybe for the center ship...?), and because its seperate ships they are more mobile and easier to hide, along with cheaper, then a DS. They are also easier to defend, as they are capital ships with turbolasers and quad lasers, not to mention stronger shields. I'd guess around the size of a Carrack ship, or some other light cruiser. (I thought them up in an attempt to deprive the Imperial fleet of its four admirals/grand admiral for SB's story; simply line it up, fire off one of these blasts at a SSD's bridge, and watch the admiral die. Though the laser wouldn't be powerful enough to destroy the ship in one blow, I think taking down the forward/bridge shields should be possible, even on something like a SSD.) Thoughts on this one?