writing a parody

DarthTofu

That's fine, Tofu, but we're dealing w/ science fiction. Advanced technology could very well improve cooling systems and/or decrease the amount of lost power.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

That's fine, Tofu, but we're dealing w/ science fiction. Advanced technology could very well improve cooling systems and/or decrease the amount of lost power.

Unless of course we assume that light still works in the same way, and that a "laser" (Had to do the quotes, there) still is a bunch of photons lined up in such a way that they bombard a target repatitively creating huge amounts of friction and heat. Thus the photons could be compressed some more, but really it isn't feesable to compress them a terribly huge amount more- maybe another 100 kilometers as far as range goes, but no more than that.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Thus the photons could be compressed some more, but really it isn't feesable to compress them a terribly huge amount more- maybe another 100 kilometers as far as range goes, but no more than that.

RIGHT! That is why I distrust the 300,000km range that D16 quoted.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Thus the photons could be compressed some more, but really it isn't feesable to compress them a terribly huge amount more- maybe another 100 kilometers as far as range goes, but no more than that.

RIGHT! That is why I distrust the 300,000km range that D16 quoted.

And that is why I put up my site! As a benchmark to base the effective range of turbo lasers upon! Yeesh! If you could shoot someone at 300,000 Km you could effectively destroy them while the captain said, "WTF? Who's shooting at us? Seriously, where are they? Oh, yeah, and bring the shields up, too- we might need the- Aww, shit, they just breached the hull!" *Captain is sucked outside of the ship and explodes into a giant blood-sickle*

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I would parody "Napolean Dynamite" and rename all the characters to your screen names and then mock the stupid discussions you guys have here every day.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Guest Scathane
I would parody "Napolean Dynamite" and rename all the characters to your screen names and then mock the stupid discussions you guys have here every day.
Especially the ones we have with budious... :twisted: