Research

Master_Xan

Ok, so this isn't working. The game that I'm playing (where I'm supposed to get some traitors) has plenty of traitors all right. For the other side! I'm always getting messages that a diplomacy mission of theirs has been foiled, even if my intel on the planet is hundreds of days old. But nooo, none of my missions are being foiled randomly. Stupid traitors.

(You know, in any other setting, this would have sounded very weird. But somehow it doesn't. Maybe its just me, and complaining about not having traitors in your group is weird all the time.)

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

What's this! I think you mean "all in the dork side" Scath. :twisted:
Yup... :oops: Consider me beaked... :oops:

I thought "BEAK" was an acronym, meaning that one should capitalize all of the letters so that we know that they each stand for something... Hell, shouldn't they have periods after them as well?

On topic: Here's an easy way to get traitors, Xan. Step one: Start a standard game as Imps on the "hard" setting.

Step two: Abandon Coruscant

Step three: Scrap everything that can defend Coruscant.

Step four: Congratulations, you now have every single one of your characters short of Palpy, Vader, and possibly Daala or Thrawn as a traitor!

Edited by DarthTofu

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Step four: Congratulations, you now have every single one of your characters short of Palpy, Vader, and possibly Dala or Thrawn as a traitor!

It's spelled "Daala".

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

1) Send a Jedi/Sith on a mission with them. They will say "I have detected that so-and-so is a traitor through the force"

2) Nevermind. The bells ringing. Someone else can answer it.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

2.Why would one turn traitor in the first place?

3.How do you stop them?

2. If your side is not doing well (lots of unprotected planets, lots of "your" systems under enemy rule {through assaults and garrisons}, lack or enough {enough being an intangible thing}, or even just plain getting your butt kicked.

3. Like Xan said, Win. The better you do, the less likely it is you will encounter traitors amongst your characters.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

I'm lost... :?

1.How do you find out who is a traitor?

2.Why would one turn traitor in the first place?

3.How do you stop them?

In addition:

1. If you have a character (or group of characters) that is constantly failing - you may have a traitor. Send them on a mission with a Jedi to find out for sure.

2. and 3. Game wise, they also turn traitor if they're left just sitting around doing nothing for along time - however, giving the character a rank apparently stops this.

If you have a traitor, I don't think there is a way to convert them back - so the best bet is to retire them to make sure they don't cause problems anymore.

If traitors are to much of a nother for you, and you want to remove them from the game (which I don't suggest, it's a nice dynamic element to the game) use RebEd. Every minor character has a "cannot betray team" check box, you can guess what to do there :wink:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif