Research

Master_Xan

Here's a question I've always wondered about, and never really found the answer for... do you research faster if you put two researchers on seperate missions, or when you combine them into the same mission? Does having one of the researchers as a decoy do anything at all, does it make it less likely that the mission will be interrupted, or does it for some strange reason make you research faster?

I also notice that occasionally, one of my research missions will be interrupted by the enemy. The same happens with them, which is particularly perplexing when I didn't even know that anybody was researching on that planet (sometimes I didn't even know they owned that planet at all! 8O ). Occasionally this will happen with diplomacy missions as well. Any reason why? Or how to predict or interfere with this?

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

It means that there are either traitors in your side or the AI's side and they are foiling the mission either for you or for the enemy... It all comes down to loyalty.
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

Beat me do it (You bastard) AI... Same thing's happened to me a lot... So far as the Research missions go, can't you find out with RebED?

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

My main question was whether or not teaming was faster then having them research indepentantly. I assume that teaming makes each mission more likely to succeed, but is it enough to equal or better the speed of having two missions going, each one indepentantly capable of success (even if the other fails?)

I was always wondering about the traitor thing. How do I find traitors?

How do I find traitors?

Jedi. I'm 50% certain that a Jedi Student can find them, 99.9% a Knight can, 100% a Master can.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

You're definitely gauranteed Darth Vader will ferret them out (if playing the Empire). The people in question need to "do a mission" with Darth for him to "catch" him/her. As for the rebels, Luke can but I'm not sure about that before going to see Yoda :? I know if Darth or Luke "meet" any character (on a ship, fleet or planet), they can determine if they are Force sensitive.

Now for my monkey wrench: Can a character discovered to be Force sensitive, be a traitor? 8O

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Can a character discovered to be Force sensitive, be a traitor? 8O

Yes. I've had it happen. It REALLY pissed me off.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

That really sucks sour lollipops. Was the character at least a "command" person? I wonder if that would make them a Sith then? 8O
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

It was a few years ago so I can't remember for sure who it was. I know in that particular game after I started scraping GenCores bc they weren't neccesary anymore a LOT of people turned traitor. Lando was one of them.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

That Lando, always going where the Tabana sells best... If only he had been cooked by the Ewoks... Damn!
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

What happens when you find a traitor? Dang, now I've got to go play a game and just wait around for a traitor... do you catch him? ooo, can they then escape, join the enemy, and work against you directly? Especially if they are force sensitive, this would be cool!

I'm glad I'm figuring all this stuff out before I complete my faq... its important info I should put in there.

Cooked by the Ewoks? Lando wasn't on Ender's moon for that little adventure...

That really sucks sour lollipops. Was the character at least a "command" person? I wonder if that would make them a Sith then? 8O

I, playing the Empire, i discovered Veers was force sensitive. After alot of intensive the training the bastard finished by turning traitor. :evil:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

That Lando, always going where the Tabana sells best... If only he had been cooked by the Ewoks... Damn!

Tibana. It's spelled Tibana.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Your traitors will remain on your side and remain tretcherous bastards until you retire them :evil: Can they be brought back around to your side?

12/14/07

Are you sure Mad? I thought if popular support got better and your side started winning, a traitor could be brought back to the "right side".

If the traitor has the ability to have a command rank, then make them an officer (Admiral, General, Commander) somewhere. When given a "rank" a traitor will cease to give info to the enemy (it's in the manual, although this sounds contradictory to me). :?

I still say check Reb ED for some file or another labeled "Multiple character research bonus" or something similar to it...

12/14/07

I was reading part of the manual about missions, but of course this exact subject and question are not mentioned. From what I could gather, the more characters you have on a mission the better the likelihood of the mission succeeding. But, the character that makes the mission succeed gets all the credit (i.e. stat increase) and the other characters get nada. So, if you have all 3 ship R&D guys combined on a single mission, the chances are they will succeed more often when the chance presents itself, but only 1 of the 3 will have an increase in their R&D ability. Does this make R&D go faster? I would say in an extremely long game (a couple of thousand days), yes, but since there are NOT enough ship types to research ... no. So, my final answer is NO; combining characters in research does not make researching go faster than with 3 separate missions running simultaneously. It all depends on when and how often the game presents those chances (and I don't think there is a way to influence this without getting the source code). If it was possible to have a couple dozen (24-36) additional ship types researched, then I would change my answer (just based on statistics alone).

Now, does that answer your questions?

(* On the tangent topic *)

It is difficult to actively search for traitors. You need Darth or Jedi Luke to go on a mission with every character. And you would have to continually do this because you don't know "when" a character will go bad, plus all of the wasted time getting the character and Darth/Luke together to begin with. The best thing to do is keep an "eye" on those missions that fail and see if the same people are on those missions. If so, send them to do a mission with Darth or Jedi Luke to verify your assumptions. Of course, if things are going badly for you in the game, you may find quite a few traitors :wink:

I don't think that it matters. I've noticed that the computer often uses multiple missions for the same R&D type. You would think that they would've programmed the comp. to maximize its R&D efforts.

Luke and Vader DON'T need to go on a mission w/ people to discover their traitorous sides. I've had Luke discover a traitor while he was just sitting around between missions.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"