Making an Episode 3 with Rebellion

DarthOminous

HEllo all, Ive been working on an Episode 3 but have the problem with the Luke slot wanting to go away, are their anyways to make this happen for other character slots?

Currently Yoda is there to fill the Luke slot so I changed the DLL's for it to say Anakin goes to the darkside and put a sound from Episode 3 to hear Yoda say, Twisted by the darkside... (His Line in the temple) But im not sure I like that so what if I did the bad guys in the place of the alliance slots Put Dooku there then for Lukes Jedi pic put a consumed Anakin? this way maybe Anakin Killed Dooku and then joined the Emperor?

its hard going like this, because then youve got to change the alliance sprites w/ the imperial ones to make it more authentic? Hmm? any ideas how to change the Luke events? Id like to do it where anakin is in that spot and then he doesnt come back at all, but then how do i put an evil anakin on the bad guy side...? any help or thoughts would be nice, thanks!

Try " Resource Hacker " from the download section the files you looking for must be i think in the strategic.dll bu i em not sure. you can easy search with resource hacker the data and change pics of the events or partys like empire into seperatists you can chance most of the game with it even the wav files ot the carakter what they are speaking. Its easy with resource hacker.

I wish you good Luck ;-)

This is another instance where I'm pretty sure somebody told me it was hardcoded, that is the Luke script where he leaves is unaccessable. However, I've done no research into it myself, so this is merely conjecture, not fact.

I wish you luck. It won't be an easy task, even if you do succeed. You might be better off switching characters around to get someone else into Luke's slot.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

The events are hardcoded, so you can't change them. I dug around all the dll files while working on my TC and no mention of the events other than the dialogs was there. I wonder if we could decompile the source code using Softice and change it. if we don't plan on selling the game or freely distributing the source code, then I doubt it would be any more illegal than modding the game.
Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

I've looked into decompiling Rebellion. Its possible, but would require extensive programing skills, as the decompiling process would leave you with the code all mangled; out of order and hard to read. Plus no notes about what does what. Even worse, it might end up with a spattering of assembly mixed in, which would really make things hard.

In short, it can be done, but not by me. If anybody feels up to it, I wish them luck. I'll even pass along the info I gathered about it.

How about we just rewrite rebellion? Whout that be illegal too like hacking the sourcecode? :?

all i want is to add cards for charakters units and troops... i still work on this i have not found out much exept for that the strategy.dll and the gokres have a connection... i cant find in the exe file much...

how about we write ouer own rebellion without stupid limmitations? :wink::idea:

So they are way to deep into the dark side right?

That just prove that George dont care about his fans just about money... :evil:

Hmmm... does anyone understand this:

0096F790 23 00 00 00 C7 09 00 00 00 00 03 86 00 00 3F 2D #•••Ç••••••†••?-

0096F7A0 3F 2D 00 00 00 00 02 00 07 ?-•••••••

this is a command line for a card if i have understand it well so what does the end mean, hardcoded? :?

• SWR Staff - Executive
They won't release the source code. And if you are attempting to rewrite the executable, you might as well start from scratch... Rebellion 2 forum anyone?

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

The only thing I recognize off the top of my head is that the current memory location of said data displayed is: 0096F7A0. The two alphanumeric listings after that are the hexidecimal codes :?
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

It's all Greek to me...

Even if it is hopeless to try and get the source code, I'm trying anyway. A wise man once told me, "Fear of failure is the death of success." Perhaps not the most profound or moving quote, but its good enough for me.

(plus, if by some fluke I did get the code, I'm guessing you'd all praise me until I was 168 years old! :lol: )

The only thing I recognize off the top of my head is that the current memory location of said data displayed is: 0096F7A0. The two alphanumeric listings after that are the hexidecimal codes :?

Actually it's just a hexidecimal representation of binary data, you can change the viewing mode in resource hacker, decompiler your using to view binary, oct, hex... hex is generally easiest to edit if you know what needs to be modified... but you could you spend as much time attempting to reverse engineer the code as you could pick up a "Learn C# in 24hrs..." book and write a new engine.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

I have taken a look today into the gdata. i still think that if we open the DAT files we just need to do there changes for example what i found out today is:

Major Charakters are in "Rebellion/gdata/Mjcharsd.dat"

Minor Charakters are in " .../gdata/Mncharsd.dat"

Special Forces in " .../gdata/Specfcsd.dat"

Capital Ships in "Rebellion/gdata/Capshsd.dat"

Fighters in "Rebellion/gdata/Fightsd.dat"

Troops in "Rebellion/gdata/Troopsd.dat"

Gallaxymap in "Rebellion/gdata/System.dat"

The other once i em not sure what they mean or do...

So if someone can tell me how to open the DAT files there would be the start of ultimative modding 8)

Thanks all for the help, sry if it turned into another deal about us not getting the source code!

Its great tosee that theres still so much intrest in this game w/ the new flashy one just out. I just played a pretty good game where I changed all the voice files w/ stuff from Ep3,

its great Sending Mace on a mission and he says "The Council will make up its own mind who is to go" Ha! I love it!, and "For your own good stay out of this affair, there is much fear to cloud your judgement" Or Yoda saying "Hope right you are!" I was able to use stuff by chopping up sentences in the movie, so they dont say someones name,

Actualy that was probably the most fun! cant make it perfect but for my enjoyment what the hell!

Computer - untold ammount

Rebellion - 20 bucks

Res Hack/ RebEd - free

Changing the game for endless scenerio's and unlimited hours of enjoyment--- Priceless!!

Thank all those immensly for ResHack and RebEd!!!