Parkour/Freerunning, for those of you who don't know...

Aenivae_Ikeda

see, personally I have the sense to realize that I'm not dedicated to get into shape and go off jumping five feet in the air or what-not! :lol: I just wouldn't have showed up, seeing as all I would do is say "Look, I can jump in the air and spin 180 degrees!" Oh, yes, and I am a master at heel clicking, but that's besides the point.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SWR Staff - Executive

I just saw this video. Pretty good stuff

Didn't they have someone doing this in a car commercial? I don't remember what car it was for, but I remember they were doing freerunning up and down stairs and walls

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

They probably did. There have been a couple of parkour movies, and you see commercials more frequently. Hopefully the ban on it in France will be lifted soon as a result of it becoming a part of popular culture...
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

It's very cool stuff. I watch videos like that and think to myself "Wow, I think I'll do that". Then I remember that I would have to get into shape, start eating right and become dedicated... and so nothing ever comes of it :lol: (Note: I'm five feet, six inches and 130 pounds. I'm not overweight ;))

I believe that there is a commercial for Bell MP3 Cell Phones that displays such skills.

Edited by Grand_Admiral_Thrawn

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

That is Peter Mansbridge, the equivalent of Wolf Blitzer up here... though on a less annoying new channel than CNN. I meantioned him in another thread and though he would make a good avatar :lol:. I don't know if I'll keep him though. I think I might go for a political personality.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Guest Scathane
I hate politics and politicians. Don't go w/ one of them for an avatar, please.
Cheers! Unless they're SW politicians, of course... :wink: