1. 1. Who would win this battle?

• Anakin
    • Assajj Ventress
    • Darth Maul
    • Count Dooku
    • Durge
    • General Grievous
    • Jango Fett

Just watched the Clone Wars microseries again, and saw the part where Dooku picks Asajj to be his assistant after she wins a tournament. That made me wonder this hypothetical scenario. Ignore story and time continuity for this, so just place the characters in this scenario.

General Grievous, Count Dooku, Assajj Ventress, Durge, Darth Maul, Jango Fett and Anakin Skywalker (gone to the darkside but before the suit) all have to fight in a Geonosian style arena. Who walks out?

For this battle, the whole EU is canon in terms of character ability/personality. That means that Darth Maul can be the cunning saboteur, and Durge can stick his hand into boiling lava and shrug it off. Since no teams are pre-formed (but they may form temporary alliances during battle), anything goes.

The only other rule is no spaceships, so Jango can't call the Slave 1, for example.

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

I say Darth Maul- he may not have been the strongest in the force, but he had the greatest ability with a lightsaber, single-handedly taking on two Jedi and killing one of them- even though Dooku owned Anakin and Obi, Qui-gon was stronger than Obi in my opinion, thus Maul is a better fighter (Ani was still only semi trained at the time... And stupid... Well, no, scratch that last part, he was stupid clear up to ep III). Anyway, i vote Maul would own 'em all!

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Dooku, to me, was the strongest character in the entire series. His calm demeanor and calculating mind would simply overwhelm everyone else, including that whiney little brat Anakin.
I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

I agree with BS, obviously. I'm the biggest Dooku supporter on the forum I think.

Dooku would Force Lightning in the first 10 seconds of the match to take out Grievous, Jango, Durge, and Ventress (all the non-Jedi and Ventress, who got whipped by it in Clone Wars microseries). That really just leaves Maul and Anakin. I'm inclined to believe that Maul would either die by Force Lighting a la Ventress or be weak enough to be killed by another lighting volley or just saber fighting. Then we're back at Dooku vs. Anakin. Without Obi and Palpatine to back him up, not to mention Dooku is fresh and Anakin is a little crispy, Dooku wins. The whole fight lasts around 5 minutes, 4 and a half of it being Dooku vs. Anakin.

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

Dooku, to me, was the strongest character in the entire series. His calm demeanor and calculating mind would simply overwhelm everyone else, including that whiney little brat Anakin.

True, but Maul had the ability to kick ass with a lightsaber- where Dooku could hold his own against Yoda, Maul pwnd two Jedi, putting both at his mercy in a group more powerful than what Dooku faced. Plus he had horns. You can't compete with horns. You just can't. That and I think the tatoos he had were there for some pourpous, not just to look awesome.

12/14/07

Anakin in Ep.2 was as strong if not stronger than Obi in Ep.1. Qui-Gon was probably stronger than Obi-Wan in episode 2, but Dooku makes up for it with distance force lighting. Maul couldnt even reach Dooku before he's a crispy critter. Even at that range, though, saberstaffs don't have the range that Dooku's Makashi style gives. They're great for fighting in groups (which is why Maul would probably have a better shot at winning vs. Grievous, Ventress, or Anakin), but Dooku can just walk backwards and keep his distance with his fencing style. Maul just couldnt get in close enough!

But how do we know that Maul couldn't use Force Lightning? Just because he didn't use it in Ep. I doesn't mean he can't use it?.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

where Dooku could hold his own against Yoda, Maul pwnd two Jedi,

Your logic is flawed. Yoda could have taken on both Qui-Gon and obi at that point in time and whooped them. When it comes to the Jedi, Yoda is the 'Grand Master' of them all.

(I can't believe I said that. A new reason for me to hate the Dark Nest trilogy.)

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

lol... BTW, what are you talking about, Toguroani? Maul's saber would have plenty of reach on Dooku- his saber doesn't have that weird curse to it, plus he demonstrated barely controlled beastial powers- he remains the only Sith other than evil Anakin and Palpy to kill a Jedi... Well, at least a competant Jedi...

12/14/07

AdmiralToguroAni wrote:

... Maul couldnt even reach Dooku before he's a crispy critter. ...

I don't think so. Obi-wan and Mace both stopped Force-lightning with their lightsabers, why couldn't Maul? I think Maul would win. Just because he didn't get as much "film time" as Dooku, doesn't mean he's not capable. He definitely has the combat skills to take on all comers in lightsaber duels :wink:8):twisted:

Oh yeah, and he had horns! :lol:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Count Dooku would own the battle. He is a strategic fighter, who takes his time to discover his enemey's weakness, and then exploit it. He is cool and calculating, and very able with a saber. Add to the fact that he is a great Jedi (has the ability to manipulate surroundings; force lightning, pulling down nearby structures to confuse oppenent, etc) and Dooku would certainitly be the last man standing.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

This is really a tough call. If we're going to ignore the timeline and deaths and whatnot, then we have to put everyone on the same level time wise. So we either assume every one has had all the time up to Anakin turning to the Dark Side, or we put every one back to Maul in Episode I. So, since we know you want Anakin being dark, we know what our options are.

Maul will have had, what, ten years to get better? So imagine Maul with ten years more of practice with his lightsabers. I think he'd be more than capable of handling any Jedi thrown at him when it comes to sabre fighting. Also remember, Sidious chose Maul first, Dooku second. If it came down to Dooku using lightning Maul could take a lesson from Obi-Wan and just use his sabre to absorb it.

Now why wasn't the Emperor on there? Oh right, he'd kill every one.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Consider Maul's lightsaber, hereafter referred to as a Saberstaff. Its designed to be held horizontally and used with quick slashes that can kill close range people. Maul could also hold it to his side and thrust out--a tactic he used several times in tPM. When used either way (the thrust being a rather uncomfortable movement, and a little too difficult to use unless you kick them in the jaw first like he did to Qui-Gon) he doesn't gain the distance needed to successfully hit Dooku. The only way to gain the distance would be to shut off one blade and hold the handle further back, but thats just asking to get the saber (or his arm) sliced off.

As for Force lightning, absence of evidence is evidence of absence. If theres a book/game/comic that says Maul can use it, then we'll assume he can.

Finally, theres a really good reason Maul wouldnt have the skills to deflect the lighting. At the time of Maul's training, Sidious was the only one out there that could use it. Sidious, who wanted to keep his advantage so as not to be overthrown, wouldn't teach Maul how to block an attack usable only by the Sith. Obi-Wan's job in the war was to hunt down Dooku, so it would be expected that he would learn how to block it. Windu could prepare for it too, since he knew Dooku was a Sith from Geonosis. Maul wouldn't even see it coming.

Skillwise, I'm tempted to put them like this:

Dooku vs. Anakin

Ventress vs. Maul vs. Grievous

Jango vs. Durge

Seriously i think that Maul would have studied sith artefacts therefore he would surely know of the Force Lightning. And since he would know about it I think he would be capable of blocking it. All he would need to do is to place one of his blades i front of the lightning.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

There actually is a game in which Maul is capable of using force lightning! Jedi Power Battles for the GBA- yes, the GBA...

@Toguroani. You said that if Maul goes to a single saber he's just asking to get his arm chopped off- what exactly are Qui gon, Obi Wan, Luke, mace Windu, Yoda, Anakin/Vader, Palpy, and every other jedi who uses a single-bladed lightsaber doing?

@Everyone in general: Maul had the best melee abilities out of anyone, I think that can be agreed upon. Not necessarily the most control over the force, but as a fighter, one hell-uvan abilitiy. Obi just go him with a cheap move, and even then not before Maul could turn around. I think he would whoop Dook given that the other man only got the better of middle-aged Obi by flinging him via the force, something that Maul refrained from. So maybe Maul's ego would screw him over...

Oh, yeah, and back to ToguroAni for a sec: You said that Dooku was capable of finding an enemy's weakness and pushing at it- do you recall Dooku's taunting Anakin into using his anger to force him into becoming a Sith Lord and then getting his head and hands chopped off?

12/14/07

Tofu, I don't think Anakin, Luke or Mace are the best examples ... they all got their hands (or more) chopped off :lol:
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Okay, fine... But so did Dooku. So that basically brings us to a question of how the hell do you avoid getting your hand/arm chopped off in a lightsaber battle? Basically you can't!

12/14/07

You block it with your own lightsaber, or you stay far away. If you're not a Jedi, you sure as hell don't want to get into a melee fight with a Jedi or a Sith.

I'm leaning toward Dooku or Anakin. Why couldn't you have any cool characters on the list? :P:(

You know, I changed my mind! I know who would win: Chuck Norris! He would show up and roundhouse-kick everyone in the face! After all, we all know that Chuck Norris once got in a knife fight where the knife lost! :lol:

12/14/07

I've heard enough Chuck Norris jokes on WoW to serve me for life. Please, for the love of the Force, don't meantion them here.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I'm leaning toward Dooku or Anakin. Why couldn't you have any cool characters on the list? :P:(

If you don't consider Dooku and Maul cool, then who DO you consider cool???

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png