LUCAS ARTS needs help

stormgiant

Ok guys, just an Idea. Warlords:HOMEWORLD 2 is beautiful. I mean the way those Star Destroyers move from the black of space and come pounding from the darkness is WOW. Its what I expect. What could make this even more challanging is a SCENARIO generator, but with scripting.

OK Ive been drinking but after playing EAW, im disappointed with the ships....Star Wars Rebellion had the idea, but again the battles were "HURTING". Throw in HOMEWORLD 2 WARLORDS for the ship battles! Then you have a great game. As for the ground battles, the only RTS that would meet this requirement would be the Total Annihaltion engine.

Call me Nuts and lets end it.

i agree that la needs help.

i like how they do not stick to convention. its good when it works. but when it fails, it fails horribly. (anyone remember force commander?)

i see eaw as rebellion 2.

i've only tried the demo, mind you. but...

hw2:warlords beats eaw's space battles hands down.

i've not had a game of TA's SWTA mod in spring's 3d engine, but i can guess it'd be more hectic than eaw's. (you can control ta units in first-person in spring!)

OMG Force commander was the game prior to EB WORLD reversing their policy to allow you return a game that was already opened. I actually returned that horrible game. In fact I sent Lucas Arts an email asking them "WHY DONT YOU GUYS USE AN ENGINE THAT ALREADY IS SUCCESFULL?" Next thing you know age of empire had a retail Star wars version. Hmmmm could that have been me that caused that? I want to capture video from HOMEWORLD2 Warlords and send it to Lucas Arts, but I know that "LA" is quite aggressive with protecting their trademark.

• SWR Staff - Executive

EaW isn't Rebellion 2 - it is more alike to traditional RTS (ala C&C) rather than the 4x games.

There haven't been any new developments of games that would allow a very diverse number of units. The TA model seems to be a niche, with very few games allowing the kind of addons to support such a game. HW2 is a great start, as shown by Warlords, but still a lot of things that need to be enabled to mod. Most games seem to be tailored to the lowest common denominator.

I really found Galactic Battlegrounds bland, a SW mod of AoE - not worthy of its own price. Force Commander, despite the camera controls, stood on its own as a game.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

I really found Galactic Battlegrounds bland, a SW mod of AoE - not worthy of its own price. Force Commander, despite the camera controls, stood on its own as a game.

Well at the time, for most of the MSN Zone Rebellion multiplayers, if we were not playing Rebellion, then we were probably playing Age of Kings or The Conquerors expansion. Being that it was the same game engine, there was little or no learning curve, just an adaption to units and strategy, the expansion for Battlegrounds was quite nice as well. The only problem with the game was the timing of release, LEC waited too long to jump on board because Ensemble released Age of Mythology a few months later with much improved graphics.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy